Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

A better Mutsu

10 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
Members
252 posts
8,921 battles

Currently I'm not a fan of the current Mutsu in game, while she is on par stat wise with the other BBs of her tier, I just don't like her, at all.

However the greatest tragedy with current Mutsu, is that she can't reliably division with her T7 sister Nagato, unlike Bismarck/Tirpitz, Mass/Bama, Prinz/Hipper. Musashi can even reliably division with Yamato because of the only minor differences between the two ships stat wise. Thus I purpose a way to keep the current ship but give us a true Mutsu at T7. 

Simply, either rename the current Mutsu to Settsu or do the same thing WG has done with West Virginia and rename her Mutsu 1925. Then we can have Mutsu(1943) at T7, with her specialty being long range secondaries, IE similar to Mass. Nagato can be the long range sniper, and Mutsu the more inaccurate main battery but a long range secondary battery to compliment.

Thoughts?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Members
1,747 posts
8,089 battles
28 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

Currently I'm not a fan of the current Mutsu in game, while she is on par stat wise with the other BBs of her tier, I just don't like her, at all.

However the greatest tragedy with current Mutsu, is that she can't reliably division with her T7 sister Nagato, unlike Bismarck/Tirpitz, Mass/Bama, Prinz/Hipper. Musashi can even reliably division with Yamato because of the only minor differences between the two ships stat wise. Thus I purpose a way to keep the current ship but give us a true Mutsu at T7. 

Simply, either rename the current Mutsu to Settsu or do the same thing WG has done with West Virginia and rename her Mutsu 1925. Then we can have Mutsu(1943) at T7, with her specialty being long range secondaries, IE similar to Mass. Nagato can be the long range sniper, and Mutsu the more inaccurate main battery but a long range secondary battery to compliment.

Thoughts?

Leave Mutsu alone, she performs wonderfully in operations. 

[WAIFU]
Members
252 posts
8,921 battles
2 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Leave Mutsu alone, she performs wonderfully in operations. 

You clearly didn't read. I said the current ship would remain, just be renamed and another ship would be placed at T7

Members
1,747 posts
8,089 battles
15 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

You clearly didn't read. I said the current ship would remain, just be renamed and another ship would be placed at T7

There is already a tier 7 IJN BB premium. 

Edited by Gen_Saris

[WAIFU]
Members
252 posts
8,921 battles
2 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

There is already a tier 7 IJN BB premium. 

Why does that matter

The brits have three

[HYDRO]
Members
2,424 posts
4,298 battles

Dunno how Nagato levels of fragility would work out in secondary range and a tier where overmatch is a very distinct possibility.

That said, sure the more ships the merrier.

Edited by warheart1992

[WAIFU]
Members
252 posts
8,921 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Dunno how Nagato levels of fragility would work out in secondary range and a tier where overmatch is a very distinct possibility.

That said, sure the more ships the merrier.

My counter to that would be Mass, Mass took the same Alabama hull which wasn't exactly tanky but it still turned out very well. I feel the same could work for Mutsu

[SALVO]
Members
19,029 posts
19,225 battles
59 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

Why does that matter

The brits have three

Which was rather dumb in the first place.  It's no excuse to repeat the same mistake.

[SALVO]
Members
19,029 posts
19,225 battles
1 hour ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

Thoughts?

You don't seem to get that down tiering these IJN BB stock "A" hulls and turning them into premium BB is the a common trait among all of the premium IJN BBs.  Personally, I don't really like it, but it is what it is.  It's also a reflection of the fact that the IJN simply didn't have nearly as many BB classes as the RN or USN.  There's only one IJN BB class that was built that isn't in the game at this point, the Ise class.  And they were hardly any different from the Fuso class BBs.

[ARP2]
Members
1,331 posts
3,615 battles

A secondary focused IJN BB at tier 7?  Im all ears.

Much as i enjoy my secondary Nagato (miss my AP though) i would love a more focused ship with a hair more range.  

Sign in to follow this