Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Spitfire175

Hakuryu torp bombers over nerfed

7 comments in this topic

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
38 posts
3,122 battles

Based on my experience the upgraded torp boomers that attack 4 at a time are not in a well balanced state right now. Regardless of how much damage can be done they just don't feel good to use. A combination of slow torps 40 KT, long arming time and long attack run  set up time, make them miserable to use. 

My balance suggestion would be torp speed buffed to 50KT, and to reduce attack run  set up time to 3 seconds.

If that makes them OP then I would suggest nerfing the range a bit.

• Boring 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,387 posts
4,550 battles

nah they already have the lowest torpedo detection range of 0.7km for any CV in the game. And you want a speed buff? nah

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
38 posts
3,122 battles

I am not asking for the torp bombers to be op but currently the torp bombers feel bad to use. 

If torpedo detection range has to be nerfed then fine. But something has to change as currently they are not fun to use.

Alpha Tester
3,608 posts
4,089 battles

The way AA auras work mean Hak should probably get the other TB option buffed to 3-4 drop simultaneous, as they're just going to all get killed trying to return 2 at a time.

[RED2]
Members
534 posts
7,606 battles

I would honestly appreciate a 4 drop option that has similar torp per torp damage and flooding chance to use but even better aiming time. The Midway's six quick drop six shooter is just so much more likely to do damage. While in theory Hak's aiming time is merely bad it basically won't aim if you are going for defensive AA or need to maneuver. That last point makes it hard for her to go for ships in smoke or get ships camping on islands, some of the most useful applications of aerial torps.

Combined with the "uniqueness" of IJN rockets her AP bombs are the most compelling draw but some people don't even like those. I don't want the flying shimikaze to rear its head again, but either they went to far or need to take the torpedoes in a different direction.

Edited by Chimera2

[Y0L0]
Members
168 posts
9,316 battles

torp speed is fine but aim time is ridicules, hoping they will fix it

[SHPFC]
Members
66 posts
5,571 battles

Midway has a long aim time as well as long arming time and they are godly slow. Yup you get 6 but normal hit is 1-2 or they all miss. Getting a Flood is stupid rare now as well. Just had a match in my Midway 18 torp hits 2 floods. Average damage per torp is like 2200-2400. Best thing Midway has is the DB's. I do like the AP bombs the IJN has. I have the tier 8. Personal opinion is if you get 2-3 Cit's with the AP bombs you Should have a Chance of a Dev. Strike. Since your chance of getting a D.O.T. by fire or flood are really low and because the Bombs have 0 chance your chances are even less. Think that would make up the Difference if you could get Dev. Strikes with AP's.

Frosty

Sign in to follow this