Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Henri in the new meta, and is the Legendary Mod more viable.

11 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,795 posts
10,514 battles

Haven't played my Henri since 8.0 (so missed the free respec) and was wondering how it fared in the CV apocalypse.

1. Can you still play the ship as a long range, speed tanking sniper or do you have to stay in the AA ball?

1a. Is the AA good enough to let the Henri operate relatively independently?

2. Is CE now a less valuable skill since you are generally spotted all the time anyway?

2a. Is even the Concealment Module less valuable making other options more viable?

3. What build changes have you made? Swap concealment for Legendary mods? Double rudder shift? AA build? Other?

[POP]
Members
883 posts
13,760 battles
6 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Haven't played my Henri since 8.0 (so missed the free respec) and was wondering how it fared in the CV apocalypse.

1. Can you still play the ship as a long range, speed tanking sniper or do you have to stay in the AA ball?

1a. Is the AA good enough to let the Henri operate relatively independently?

2. Is CE now a less valuable skill since you are generally spotted all the time anyway?

2a. Is even the Concealment Module less valuable making other options more viable?

3. What build changes have you made? Swap concealment for Legendary mods? Double rudder shift? AA build? Other?

I played her a few games and she is still more or less the same. To be honest I didn't even use an AA build, just my CB build and would kite away from the planes. Her AA if undamaged seems to be way stronger than it used to be, at least just in the few games I played. Your mileage may vary as there have been a couple of hotfixes dropped since I played her, though I don't think they did too much to T10 AA or planes.

Edited by Alabamastan

[FTH]
Members
716 posts
12,344 battles

1. Yeah, your AA is decent enough, you're not going to be a complete no-fly zone, but it works.

2. CE, not sure about, but since the module is still good for 10% either way, I'd give up CE first, since it's still as effective as it ever was.

3. Haven't really changed a lot, tbs I haven't run her myself since then, but from what I've seen others talk about it still seems viable.

[SPTR]
Members
26,343 posts
11,630 battles

I played one game in her in the last 2 days & carried the team to victory but no cvs in the match, stayed in the middle of the map. 

Im not sure but I believe I find more people to be specced for AA which makes them more weaker in other areas

Spoiler

shot-19.02.10_20.37.14-0416.jpg?width=99

shot-19.02.10_20.37.16-0249.jpg?width=99

I think they are more vulnerable to fires since this patch but this is the only game I played in Henri since the CV rework patch.

[CVA16]
Members
2,795 posts
10,514 battles
58 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Im not sure but I believe I find more people to be specced for AA which makes them more weaker in other areas

Which would require everyone to respec for future clan battles unless they allow CVs, in which case I won't be participating anyway.

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles

Even with double CV it's fine. You just find where your team is going and go off to the side a little and farm. Kite back behind your team. Repeat as needed and then make a play mid-late game. Nothing fancy.

[CUTE]
Members
38 posts
5,664 battles

I've played almost nothing since the patch but Henri, and it is THRIVING in the current meta. Once I realized how much CVs negated my concealment, I finally decided to take the legendary (still take CE though -- 18km concealment is a bit too absurd, and there really aren't any skills worth trading it in for). Not only has my DPS increased, but the devaluation of concealment also means that red ships will be spotted much more than before... meaning you'll almost always have something to shoot at. For a damage hungry ship like Henri, this is fantastic.

AA is definitely enough for you to fend for yourself with (I don't take any AA skills, just the flak module), and I've had no problems detaching from the main fleet as before.

Edited by NPO

[CVA16]
Members
2,795 posts
10,514 battles
6 hours ago, NPO said:

still take CE though -- 18km concealment is a bit too absurd, and there really aren't any skills worth trading it in for)

Always wondered IFHE might be worth a try (should have done so during the free rework). WG keeps adding ships with 50mm of armor and you can pen that with IFHE.

Might have to take the boat out. Not today of course...Valentines Day. Probably grounds for divorce to be playing WOWS all evening.

[CUTE]
Members
38 posts
5,664 battles
4 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Always wondered IFHE might be worth a try (should have done so during the free rework). WG keeps adding ships with 50mm of armor and you can pen that with IFHE.

Might have to take the boat out. Not today of course...Valentines Day. Probably grounds for divorce to be playing WOWS all evening.

IFHE isn't a bad pick, but I personally stopped using it in randoms. It's really only useful against a handful of ships, and I'd rather have the higher fire chance.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,795 posts
10,514 battles
50 minutes ago, NPO said:

FHE isn't a bad pick, but I personally stopped using it in randoms. It's really only useful against a handful of ships, and I'd rather have the higher fire chance.

Definitely a limited number of worthwhile targets. I guessing the new  high tier Russian BBs (in addition to the 2 they already have)  will likely have 50mm armor too as a 'national flavor'.

So you think CE is the best 4pt pick currently? Not Manual AA to help when you are isolated (assuming CVs remain common?

[CUTE]
Members
38 posts
5,664 battles
13 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Definitely a limited number of worthwhile targets. I guessing the new  high tier Russian BBs (in addition to the 2 they already have)  will likely have 50mm armor too as a 'national flavor'.

So you think CE is the best 4pt pick currently? Not Manual AA to help when you are isolated (assuming CVs remain common?

Yeah, when Russian BBs come out... I'll definitely respec for IFHE haha.

For now, yeah. I'm starting to see fewer and fewer CVs, to the point that I've gone back to using hydro instead of DFAA. So I don't think AA skills are the best use of points at the moment. But assuming they do get common again... when I was testing the AA skills out, I actually had better overall luck with BFT than Manual AA. The bonus from Manual AA only affects continuous DPS, and all of Henri's AA guns have both flak and continuous damage. On top of that, enemy planes kept flying from one sector to the other, and I started having difficulties managing sectors on top of the constant shooting and kiting. Maybe I'm just bad at timing the switches though, who knows xD

Sign in to follow this