Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dartinbullets

Is Musashi better than Yamato

12 comments in this topic

Members
152 posts
9,595 battles

Musashi seems better than Yamato.  Slightly faster, 28.4 kts vs 27 kts.  Same guns but the Musashi guns seem more accurate to me.  I consistently get better patterns with Musashi and I feel that this is a real thing.  One game I was getting great patterns out of Yamato and thought these guns are really good after all.   I then realized I was in the Musashi.    I also seem to consistently get more credits with Musashi despite a better camo being used on Yamato.  These are huge differences to me or am I letting some bias cloud my judgement.   I know there are big Yamato fans out there, please convince me I'm wrong.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,188 posts
13,643 battles

Tier for tier, yes.

In an absolute sense, no.

Meaning that Musashi is a better tier 9 than Yamato is a tier 10, but in a straight 1v1 driven by players with equal skill, Yamato is the likely candidate for victory.

• Cool 5

[CVA16]
Members
2,940 posts
10,698 battles

Lert got it right (usually does)

Musashi can see T7s which really makes it seem a monster. Plus with the ever present CVs now, Musashi's lack of AA really starts to show. It is close enough in power to the Yamato (outside of AA) that it can at least make dueling a T10 BB a contest, not a foregone conclusion.

[PVE]
Members
1,676 posts
7,170 battles

Glad you are finding its guns 'accurate', while I have only had mine in a few battles, those guns are giving me fits. Right now I am finding them to be about the most inaccurate of all the ships in my fleet so far. Hopefully I will figure it out but right now the frustration level is high.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,724 posts
4,278 battles
1 hour ago, Dartinbullets said:

Musashi seems better than Yamato.  Slightly faster, 28.4 kts vs 27 kts.  Same guns but the Musashi guns seem more accurate to me.  I consistently get better patterns with Musashi and I feel that this is a real thing.  One game I was getting great patterns out of Yamato and thought these guns are really good after all.   I then realized I was in the Musashi.    I also seem to consistently get more credits with Musashi despite a better camo being used on Yamato.  These are huge differences to me or am I letting some bias cloud my judgement.   I know there are big Yamato fans out there, please convince me I'm wrong.

Musashi is not faster than Yamato, you have a speed flag on. 

Musashi's guns will disperse similar, but group together far less than Yamato. (1.8 sigma vs 2.1)

Musashi is a premium, and thus earns more credits base than Yamato.

Yamato has superior AA and secondaries, Musashi has 100 more HP.

As said earlier, tier for tier, Musashi is better at tier 9 than Yamato at tier 10. That said, ship you ship, Yamato has more benefits.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,570 posts
13,072 battles

No it's not. It has 2 advantages over Yamato and that is it. It's a T9 so it sees T7 (as others have said) and it is a Premium so you can use it as a Capt trainer and it earns better for the same game. Other than that Yamato is the better ship overall.

Members
2,004 posts
509 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Tier for tier, yes.

In an absolute sense, no.

Meaning that Musashi is a better tier 9 than Yamato is a tier 10, but in a straight 1v1 driven by players with equal skill, Yamato is the likely candidate for victory.

35 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Musashi is not faster than Yamato, you have a speed flag on. 

Musashi's guns will disperse similar, but group together far less than Yamato. (1.8 sigma vs 2.1)

Musashi is a premium, and thus earns more credits base than Yamato.

Yamato has superior AA and secondaries, Musashi has 100 more HP.

As said earlier, tier for tier, Musashi is better at tier 9 than Yamato at tier 10. That said, ship you ship, Yamato has more benefits.

26 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No it's not. It has 2 advantages over Yamato and that is it. It's a T9 so it sees T7 (as others have said) and it is a Premium so you can use it as a Capt trainer and it earns better for the same game. Other than that Yamato is the better ship overall.

M4s9Jhp.gif

Members
152 posts
9,595 battles

I must have had a speed flag on the Musashi, did not realize it at the time, so there goes that advantage.  I guess my problem is I like them both but not as much as the Montana, my favorite BB due to guns, speed and turret speed not to mention great damage control and rudder speed, part of the enhanced damage control system.  They can both be fun but the Musashi earns so much more in credits being a premium ship, I don't find a lot of use for the Yamato but I still play her and may like her better as the commander gains pts.  Part of the problem I have with Yamato is that the commander only has 10 pts vs 16 pt commander on Musashi.  I avoided IJN line for a long time, did not care for them much.

I still seem to have better luck with the guns at distance with Musashi, probably just a bias on my part I have no stats to prove it either way.

[WOLF6]
Members
502 posts
5,621 battles
On 2/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, Dartinbullets said:

Part of the problem I have with Yamato is that the commander only has 10 pts vs 16 pt commander on Musashi

Huh , why didn't you train the Mush captain for the Yam when it was free to do so ? You could use the Mush to train both captains after that .

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,129 posts
16,481 battles

Yamato can be built up to be superior in any possible build than Musashi, and more, because of access to the Legendary Module unique to Tier X ships.

Main Battery - Survival Build:  Yamato will do that better and still be more accurate not only because of her inherently better Sigma (makes her more consistent than Musashi), but also because of her Legendary Upgrade.

AA or Secondary Spec Build:  Yamato can do that better than Musashi.  She has lots more faster firing guns.  In addition, due to her Legendary, Yamato can *STILL* buff her Main Battery dispersion while still slotting upgrades to improve AA or Secondaries.  This is due to Yamato's Legendary going into Slot 6, whereas upgrades like SBM2 (Secondaries) compete with ASM1 (Main Battery Dispersion) in the same slot.

Etc.

Slap on the Tier X Perma-Camo and you're golden with Yamato.

The one thing Musashi has is better MM.  She's Tier IX.  She can expect to see Tier X games most of the time, but thanks to 460mm IJN-LOLPENS, she does not bow to Tier X Battleships and Cruisers.  But as a Tier IX, she can get those LOL Tier IX vs Tier VII matches.  Her 460mm AP will work over those Tier VII Battleships that queue up trying to club Tier V-VI ships.

Tier IX Musashi clubbing Tier VII Battleships who queued to club Tier V-VI ships:

Spoiler

Image result for seal club

Sign in to follow this