Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Camo68

A First - After a 1000 games in my favourite destroyer the Yugumo

7 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
3,271 posts
15,233 battles

image.thumb.jpeg.3a732cd59a322a2297623729aa5dbda2.jpeg

Ok so it happened in ranked, but still a first!

Edited by Camo68
  • Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,827 battles

Good on you for having the jam to be different enough to bring a Yugumo to Ranked (and succeed with it).  I'm sure you get a lot of flak from teammates, but it's a nice change from everyone and their brother spamming Kitakaze every match.  That ship is so broken, and Ranked is the perfect arena to display it.

I've also completely stayed away from playing the spam that is Kitakaze/Musashi, just for the sake of change (and even if it has cost me some advancement).  I've taken a liking to Z-46 and Lion, just for counterplay purposes.  That German AP eats ships for lunch when broadside, and Lion's HE sure loves to snack on campy BBs like Musashi.

[SYN]
Members
3,271 posts
15,233 battles
On 2/13/2019 at 11:22 PM, Ace_04 said:

Good on you for having the jam to be different enough to bring a Yugumo to Ranked (and succeed with it).  I'm sure you get a lot of flak from teammates, but it's a nice change from everyone and their brother spamming Kitakaze every match.  That ship is so broken, and Ranked is the perfect arena to display it.

I've also completely stayed away from playing the spam that is Kitakaze/Musashi, just for the sake of change (and even if it has cost me some advancement).  I've taken a liking to Z-46 and Lion, just for counterplay purposes.  That German AP eats ships for lunch when broadside, and Lion's HE sure loves to snack on campy BBs like Musashi.

Kitikaze players are so over confident that they can't resist chasing the 'helpless' Yugumo. Then they whine in chat about losing the duel.  Simple maths, they can only use 4 guns while the kiting Yugumo can use 6.

image.png.5721aa961cd3bb0a473836d50f91e524.png

And while they are tunnel visioned they over expose themselves to fire from the rest of the team.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,499 posts
12,750 battles

I play my Yugumo far more then my Kitakaze.  Yugumo is still a very much "offense" oriented ship.  I haven't even switched any modules or commander skills post post 8.0 for play in randoms.  If there's a CV there's a CV.. and they've always been bad news for DD's.  Nothing changed there.  I still run mine with no smoke and the torpedo reload booster, and RPF to keep me warned of approaching hostile DD's.   She just... works.  She strong and I honestly don't fear any other DD's.  They get the drop on me it's gonna hurt.. If I get the drop on them it's gonna hurt.  The only ship I enjoy playing more is my 4-10 hull HSF Harekaze which does a pretty good job of defending herself against aircraft while still being a rather excellent torp boat and hunter killer.    She's about to get a little more difficult to drive with the changes in radar about to happen and her being limited to 10k torps. 

Of course the upcoming radar changes will mess with her to some extent and I'm going to have to watch my distances even more carefully.  fortunately most radar cruiser drivers seem to have issues with using their radar and guns at the same time.  

(when I drive radar cruiser I don't have that issue but then I normally drive DD's which is generally bad news for the DD because I will chase them down 3 DD kills in one match with a Cleve is my best so far..)

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,827 battles
On 2/14/2019 at 8:25 PM, Camo68 said:

Kitikaze players are so over confident that they can't resist chasing the 'helpless' Yugumo. Then they whine in chat about losing the duel.  Simple maths, they can only use 4 guns while the kiting Yugumo can use 6.

image.png.5721aa961cd3bb0a473836d50f91e524.png

And while they are tunnel visioned they over expose themselves to fire from the rest of the team.

Very good observations here.  I may have to give Yugumo another go when my Z-46 is on cooldown between matches.  Do you run smoke or TRB with Yugumo in Ranked?

I love me some good counterplay.  I was in Z-46 yesterday in a match where I parked right behind an island near the centermost buff at the start of the match.  Popped hydro and watched a Kitakaze walk right in, poop himself once spotted and tried to smoke up while stationary.  He was sitting still perfectly broadside while my AP eat him alive.

[SYN]
Members
3,271 posts
15,233 battles
6 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Do you run smoke or TRB with Yugumo in Ranked?

I run TRB,to try to maximise offensive power.  Smoke would be handy as well but with good concealment and Radio Location I'm comfortable without it.

Members
11 posts
6,348 battles

Can’t be overly aggressive with a Yug, seems like a couple Fletchers or Gearings on the other side every tier 9-10 match. Early objective is to spot, throw Torps into smoke and try and keep their DD from possessing cap

Sign in to follow this