You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyenaHiena

When wg want you lose, you lose.

57 comments in this topic

[STP]
Beta Testers
2,323 posts
11,686 battles

Matches like this makes me think this game is rigged for you lose sometimes. Only ONE die in red team... what the hell...

image.thumb.png.9c68f19abcf1ff8810b55f47cad078cf.png

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[MIA-E]
Members
2,541 posts
7,457 battles

Now, extrapolate this game to every game and you can be thankful for how lucky you are to have a 61% WR!

Err, wait :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[STP]
Beta Testers
2,323 posts
11,686 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Now, extrapolate this game to every game and you can be thankful for how lucky you are to have a 61% WR!

Err, wait :cap_popcorn:

No skills only luck~

• Cool 1

[STP]
Beta Testers
2,323 posts
11,686 battles

But that start become more... common... one team just stomp the other team. Is like what the hell.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,019 posts
9,891 battles

The MM only looks at tier and ship type so I suggest you go back to your room.

enhanced-buzz-11216-1303602183-2.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[R-F]
Members
896 posts
6,849 battles

Wargaming cannot see the future.

It's true that matchmaker does not attempt to balance player skill levels, which means you will frequently find yourself on a team that is considerably more or less talented than the other.

In those games the outcome may seem predetermined, although if you run a matchmaking monitor you will be surprised sometimes when the team with much better players ends up losing, sometimes decisively so.

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
[-BUI-]
Members
421 posts
2,338 battles

3 CV games last night, where I was playing Midway.

My team:  Spreads WAY out, doesn't use cover well, get hammed by enemy CV all game long, guy in team chat "This is my first game in 8 months!"

Enemy Team:  Moving in groups of 4, tons of AA support, nobody goes out alone, division of super-uni murdering all they see.

This happens over and over and its really getting old.    Can I please be put on the team that has ANY idea what to do?

• Cool 1

[STP]
Beta Testers
2,323 posts
11,686 battles
6 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Wargaming cannot see the future.

It's true that matchmaker does not attempt to balance player skill levels, which means you will frequently find yourself on a team that is considerably more or less talented than the other.

In those games the outcome may seem predetermined, although if you run a matchmaking monitor you will be surprised sometimes when the team with much better players ends up losing, sometimes decisively so.

haha is better i dont use a MM monitor, because when i see some people/clans i alread want quit the match because i know will be a lose of time.

[PSP]
Members
7,275 posts
10,261 battles
21 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Matches like this makes me think this game is rigged for you lose sometimes. Only ONE die in red team... what the hell...

image.thumb.png.9c68f19abcf1ff8810b55f47cad078cf.png

You survived! You shall be drummed out of the Navy for your impertinence!

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,722 posts
6,389 battles
7 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

haha is better i dont use a MM monitor, because when i see some people/clans i alread want quit the match because i know will be a lose of time.

tenor.gif?itemid=7651930

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
216 posts

Sometimes you just wind up in a sac of potatoes. And we'll,  It happens .

[TDRB]
Members
1,586 posts
5,527 battles

How many times have you been on the winning side in a match like this? I have a few times.

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,019 posts
9,891 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

How many times have you been on the winning side in a match like this? I have a few times.

We never see people complaining about steam roller wins for the same reason we never see complaining about winning streaks, that was all do to their skill. :Smile_facepalm:

[TDRB]
Members
1,586 posts
5,527 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

We never see people complaining about steam roller wins for the same reason we never see complaining about winning streaks, that was all do to their skill. :Smile_facepalm:

My skill improves greatly when I'm on a good team.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,019 posts
9,891 battles
5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

My skill improves greatly when I'm on a good team.

I laughed but there is a kernel of truth as a good team makes it so you are not struggling just to stay alive.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
397 posts
5,071 battles
53 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Matches like this makes me think this game is rigged for you lose sometimes.

The improved MM algorithm which balances teams by WR decided you were selected to carry the team to a win but you failed miserably. Really really miserably. MM says "Carry Harder Next time, or lose more games." 

Edited by skillztowin
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,586 posts
5,527 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I laughed but there is a kernel of truth as a good team makes it so you are not struggling just to stay alive.

You do not need a unicum, only team players that mesh like well oiled gears. In the randomness of MM that is difficult to achieve. Of course sometimes you face teams that mesh like gears missing most of their teeth so you look good when it is actually the other team playing worse than you team.

• Cool 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

But that start become more... common... one team just stomp the other team. Is like what the hell.

That's not been my experience lately, there are a lot more nail-biters.  Was only a few points off of a draw the other night, even.

Members
170 posts
13,353 battles
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

Matches like this

You need to get your head around the "win or lose" paradigm because it does not accurately reflect your actual capability in this game.

Instead, take a look at your leaderboard position. You've placed second (only five points behind first) which means you should consider it a successful match.

"Win rate" is a meaningless metric in WoWs, as you cannot affect it. "Win rate" is a measure of how often MM has given you a worthwhile team, which is something over which you have zero control.

What you *can* control, to a degree, is your leaderboard position -- that is, how well you've done compared to your teammates. If you're placing in the top three on your side of the leaderboard, then you're playing well.

As for myself, I consider a steamroller win to be a fairly hollow, empty victory. I get much more enjoyment out of the game if I place first on a losing team than I do if I place low on a winning team, especially if the win was a result of a total collapse.

There is an excellent guide by Little White Mouse called "How to Control Your Win Rate." Despite its age, it is chock full of excellent information and it is well worth re-reading on a regular basis, although the title is misleading. It should have been called "How to Control Your Leaderboard Position," because if you follow her advice, you'll find yourself placing high on your team's leaderboard, which is something you certainly *can* affect because you do have control over it.

What you cannot control, however, is the quality and skill of your fellow players, or how they choose to play, or how quickly they choose to lose. It doesn't matter how hard you carry, or any of that "git gud" garbage. If you're saddled with a team of losers, there's nothing you can do to change that (especially in the face of an all-too-common five-minute collapse). Instead, your focus needs to be that post-game leaderboard and how high you'll place on it. 

In my opinion, your screenshot shows you've done very well. The real challenge, however, is placing first or second on your leaderboard in a close match -- now that's a true measure of skill, no difference if it's a win or a loss.

"Win rate" is "team win rate" and completely meaningless from a standpoint of individual performance. Leaderboard position is everything.

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague
  • Cool 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
397 posts
5,071 battles
4 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

"Win rate" is "team win rate" and completely meaningless from a standpoint of individual performance. Leaderboard position is everything.

There are plenty of forum posts about this. in a perfect world you might be right. however, there are captains which have great influence in every game they play. W/R is a solid indicator of performance. 

Texas holdEm has the same fallacy about good cards. Everyone at the table has the same odds to receive a good hand, however, In major tournament play, the same faces show up at the final table over and over again. 

• Cool 1

Members
170 posts
13,353 battles
4 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

W/R is a solid indicator of performance. 

W/R is a solid indicator of how lucky you are with MM. 

Take a look at the screenshot below. Am I a good player, or a bad player?

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 1.11.05 PM.png

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,866 posts
7,124 battles
17 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

W/R is a solid indicator of how lucky you are with MM. 

Take a look at the screenshot below. Am I a good player, or a bad player?

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 1.11.05 PM.png

Looking at such small sample sizes is absurd.

Instead one can look at your profile, note the ~60% WR, and then confidently assume that you're an above average low-tier player.

• Cool 2

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
674 posts
6,088 battles

When your base xp is 3x the 2nd place person on your team then you can complain. Didn't even break 1000.

Some games everyone just dies, but you were a contributing factor to that team failing. Second on a list of crap is still crap.

• Cool 1