You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Dont worry about Belfast getting buffs...

75 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,065 posts
  • The Surveillance Radar action range of British cruisers:
    • flag_United_Kingdom.png elite.png VIII Edinburgh – extending from 9 to 10 km
    • flag_United_Kingdom.png elite.png IX Neptune – extending from 9.4 to 10 km
    • flag_United_Kingdom.png elite.png X Minotaur – extending from 9.9 to 10 km
    • flag_United_Kingdom.png premium.png VII Belfast – remaining 8.5 km

[SYN]
Members
15,409 posts
12,640 battles

and it got a concealment nerf via no longer getting 12% from CE :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFG]
Members
24,218 posts
6,097 battles

Heh, seems like a big middle finger chucked at the "no changes to premiums" crowd...:Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,940 posts
6 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

and it got a concealment nerf via no longer getting 12% from CE :Smile_trollface:

I have the Belfast and have absolutely no issue with this.

Although I don't really see it as a change as it is remaining the same. Remove the radar and give it Fiji torps - now that is a change and one that addresses the reason it was considered OP.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,150 posts
18,481 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Heh, seems like a big middle finger chucked at the "no changes to premiums" crowd...:Smile_veryhappy:

They did not change the ship they changed game mechanics so it is not a change to the premium per say. Just like when they changed the smoke mechanic, it was a nerf to Belfast in a way but not a nerf directly to it.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,245 posts
24 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

WG is taking a novel approach to premium balance.

Instead of nerfing premiums, they'll simply bring all the tech tree ships up to snuff. They already did this with Degrasse, and there was hardly a comment.

But an inverted nerf is still a nerf....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,593 posts
11,557 battles
9 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

They did not change the ship they changed game mechanics so it is not a change to the premium per say. Just like when they changed the smoke mechanic, it was a nerf to Belfast in a way but not a nerf directly to it.

Yup. Subtle but important distinction. 

[P-V-E]
Members
1,291 posts

personally, I would like the action time of the consumables raising, but instead of providing a constantly updated position, that it provides "snapshots" of position that degrades until the next "snapshot", thus mimicking the rotation of the radar, the degradation could take the appearance of a "ghostly" form that follows the interpolated path of the previous "snapshots", so the only time you are 100% guaranteed to know the exact position is at the moment of one of the "snapshots"

• Cool 2

[5BS]
Members
8,045 posts
21 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Me too. Give it RN DD Smoke while they're at it and it becomes fair/new type of playstyle.

Edited by _RC1138

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,065 posts
37 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

My wallet sends it right back at em. 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,065 posts
44 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Yeah boy she's gawd-awful powerful these days... no torps and now radar that falls short by 1.5 km range. Wow, the hurt she can put on people now. Applesauce awesome. Gonna have to take her out and club a bunch of seals. 

You guys realize they "gave" and "took away" at the same time. You only get revealed to teams if you remain spotted for six seconds. "Testing" (I'm guessing) revealed it was too easy to escape the existing radar ranges, so they had to extend them just enough so your odds of escaping "might be" fidy fidy. 

They so funny. 

[SIM]
Members
4,031 posts
6,943 battles
42 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Really? It seems more like a strong ship not getting an unneeded buff to me. But your attempt to stir the pot is a d o r a b l e.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[HELLS]
Members
2,303 posts
22,066 battles

My Belfast is a Port Queen since the nerfs as far as using her in Randoms is concerned. I was under the mistaken belief that they would reconsider after all the noise the community put up before and after the 1st nerf, but no, they bowed to pressure because a whole bunch of potatoes complained she was still overpowered after the 1st nerf. I found her to be a fragile glass cannon, even with radar and smoke and her original characteristics. She is map situational use-wise and spawn location wise, and does not have the wheels to move behind cover fast enough on most maps to make a difference. I do much better in Edinburgh, her sister ship, at T8 without HE, regardless of which map I am on. I have long held that Belfast should have been a premium T8 with a heal and HE and her North Cape look, not the late 50s refit that she is. My wallet is closed for now

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,249 battles
53 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Although I don't really see it as a change as it is remaining the same. Remove the radar and give it Fiji torps - now that is a change and one that addresses the reason it was considered OP.

I’m with you on that. Don’t care either way about the radar.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,831 posts
10,439 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

In-game already, that is the Edinburgh.  Belfast swapped torps and heal for Radar and HE...

"The Edinburgh-class light cruisers HMS Belfast and HMS Edinburgh were ordered by the British Admiralty in 1936 and were a development of the Southampton-class light cruiser. "

http://maritime.elettra.co.uk/hmsbelfast/history/

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Did some of the people working on tanks come over to ships? Power creep in this game is a problem like it is in that game.

• Cool 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,090 battles
28 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

My wallet sends it right back at em. 

Bingo

Alpha Tester
358 posts
8,249 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

It sounds like you really want me to start playing this ship.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,175 posts
6,076 battles
9 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Did some of the people working on tanks come over to ships? Power creep in this game is a problem like it is in that game.

Plz no Murazor balancing.

[PVE]
Members
1,303 posts
12,645 battles

Ha ha, :Smile_veryhappy:

the WG apologists can't say that OP premiums aren't being powercreeped now.

:Smile_veryhappy:

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,576 battles
8 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Ha ha, :Smile_veryhappy:

the WG apologists can't say that OP premiums aren't being powercreeped now.

:Smile_veryhappy:

But if WG isn't actually changing the ship itself from the state you bought it in, can you really complain about a "bait and switch"?  Because pretty silly if you start arguing they cant change anything in the game from the time you bought a premium going forward if it negatively impacts your premium.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[PVE]
Members
1,303 posts
12,645 battles

It is possible WG learned to try a different approach since the Giulio Cesare nerf idea was dead on arrival. 

"Hey, I got it: let's do like World of Tanks and just powercreep everything!"

I vote to rename Belfast to Super Belfast in honor of the Super Pershing which was even powercreeped by the tech tree Pershing eventually :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Rabbitt81

[_-_]
Members
2,478 posts
7,030 battles
32 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Arty ---> CV Rework. Hmm... Coincidence? :Smile_teethhappy:

Seriously, though, while it's possible some job-hopping happened, Warships is produced by the Lesta Studio subsidiary while Tanks remains the in-house flagship title. Lesta functions with a good deal of autonomy in accordance with Victor's wishes.

Power creep is commonplace in all mature games. WG titles are no exception.

[WOLFG]
Members
24,218 posts
6,097 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Really? It seems more like a strong ship not getting an unneeded buff to me. But your attempt to stir the pot is a d o r a b l e.

Lol pot doesn't need any help being stirred, I'm just adding tongue in cheek to taste.....

• Boring 1