You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Gaede absolute beast still...........

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,436 posts
3,718 battles

Tried out my gaede and its still amazing fun.

Giulio Cesare, wiped out 2 and charged from cap at 4 enemy ships.

Fighting close in against multiple enemies.

What a dd.

Top of the table 4 enemy ships sunk.

This is the fun.

Members
1,436 posts
3,718 battles
18 hours ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Gaede is awesome! Maass not so much...

Whats up with maass tier or boat?

There is a premium gaede isnt there?

[-SYN-]
[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,168 posts
4,829 battles
1 hour ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Whats up with maass tier or boat?

There is a premium gaede isnt there?

Maybe a combination of both and my own inability to get it to work. From my experience the turrets turn far too slowly to engage in knife fights and doesn't have the range/speed/maneuverability to fight at arms length. The hydro doesn't really bring enough to the table to make it seem like it stands on it's own against other destroyers. It's been a rough grind for me.

Members
1,436 posts
3,718 battles
1 minute ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Maybe a combination of both and my own inability to get it to work. From my experience the turrets turn far too slowly to engage in knife fights and doesn't have the range/speed/maneuverability to fight at arms length. The hydro doesn't really bring enough to the table to make it seem like it stands on it's own against other destroyers. It's been a rough grind for me.

Gaede is plenty for me i gave up grinding long time since...................

[LF]
Members
131 posts

I am having trouble making the Gaede work. I spent the xp and credits to upgrade to the 150s. They hit harder but have slower reload.  But the thing that really bites about the Gaede is the concealment. 6.6 even with the Captain Concealment skill?

I guess I'll have to go out and find some videos to figure out how to make this thing work. One thing I've already seen is that with 6.6 concealment, open water does Not work. Been trying hard to use my smoke early and use islands as much as possible. I tend to wait until the last couple seconds before being spotted to pop the smoke. Not a good idea with this ship.

Members
339 posts

The Gaede's 1.4km gap for stealth torps does not have the comfort margin of IJN torp boats.  Playing the Gaede as a ninja torp boat requires more thought and planning to maintain concealment.  Closing engagements offer very little margin for error in turning away before possibly being detected.  Positioning parallel to and going in the same direction as the target provides much more time and opportunity to avoid detection.  In a crossing engagement, positioning with your stern toward the enemy gives you a better chance to escape without detection if the enemy unexpectedly turns toward you.

While not unique to the Gaede, you can use the enemy's speed and direction in a closing engagement to extend your effective torp range; your 62-knot torps have an 8km range and a ship coming at you at 31 knots would travel 4km to meet your torps, giving you an effective range approaching 12km.