You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Royal Navy Battleship AA Compared (8.0, 8.0.1 & 8.0.2)

46 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,682 posts
8,153 battles

KaCTGft.jpg

The work is ever ongoing with the Aircraft Carrier rework.  The hotfix patch today changed AA yet again.  The biggest changes were a marked increase in the flak damage from tier 5s through 7 with a reduction at tiers 8 and 9.  DPS numbers were massaged here and there -- in general increasing them at the lower tiers and reducing them at tier 8+.  Here's an example, using the Royal Navy Battleship line as an example.  This trends across all the tech trees, however.

gVaxjVw.png

LygMUpc.png

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 15

[WG-CC]
9,682 posts
8,153 battles

The first post should be working now.  You'll note the enormous increase in flak damage at tiers 6 and 7.  This raises concerns for the viability of tier 6 aircraft carriers.  We'll probably see their aircraft survivability massaged somewhat to account for this (now proper) gradual increase in AA power from tier 5 through 9.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,014 posts
7,968 battles

useful data, thanks for digging this up, far more useful than the official patch notes.

• Cool 2

[LEGIT]
Members
695 posts
7,062 battles

Must be tough mouse.. You prob have 5-6 ships to Review on stand-by and this CV rework is just increasing your workload exponentially..

Have some beer..

다운로드.jpg

[SFOR]
Members
933 posts
6,592 battles

Thank you LWM. So they nerf a little a top tiers and buff at middle and lower tiers. So in fact it is a nerf at lower tiers carriers. Interesting.

[WG-CC]
9,682 posts
8,153 battles

Visual representation using the medium caliber AA as an example:

a8eq0ff.png

• Cool 6

[LEGIT]
Members
695 posts
7,062 battles

Yep it clearly shows that 8.0.1 had a giant leap in AA dmg. No wonder I wasnt losing much planes in my T6 Ryuujo.

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
299 posts
5,243 battles
9 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Visual representation using the medium caliber AA as an example:

a8eq0ff.png

@Littlewhitemouse This is fantastic, thanks! 

Could you do another chart like this with all the combined AA (S/M/L) of the UK BB's?

Pretty please! :cap_rambo:

[WG-CC]
9,682 posts
8,153 battles
Just now, digitaljustice said:

Could you do another chart like this with all the combined AA (S/M/L) of the UK BB's?

Sure. gimme a few.  Do you want it per aura or combined DPS?

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,904 posts
2,239 battles

I'm concerned about the AA damage leap and what it mean for possible buffs to the Carriers' planes which could make things harder for ships bottom tiered to deal with them.

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
299 posts
5,243 battles

Whatever is easiest for you, I think combined DPS would be most useful, they just have Med and Long range right?  I guess both, lol - thanks!

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
299 posts
5,243 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So, this is a good change?

I'm not being punished enough at tier 4...once I master DBs, I'll move up to Ranger.

It appears to be a good change/fix as Tier 8+ Ship AA was very strong with the 0.8.01 update hotfix and now seems to be evened-out with the 0.8.0.2 hotfix.   

Looks like Tier 8 and 9 AA is a little toned down, and 5-7 is up a bit.

[5BS]
Members
5,681 posts
14 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

My idea or has Hood just turned into the best AA platform in the game?

From a practical standpoint, no; she's long enough with a predictable turning circle that makes lining up torp shots away very easy. The Mino I think is still the best current AA platform thanks to smoke and a ridiculous amount of AA blobs.

[WG-CC]
9,682 posts
8,153 battles
51 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

Done.
hIY96XI.gif

• Cool 2

[ARC]
[ARC]
Members
563 posts
7,691 battles

Those graphics are incredible. Very illustrative and shows just how hellish was tier 8 on the last week. I had myself surprised when a Tirpitz took out almost all my squadron while flying close to him (some 4-odd km away after doing a run at another ship and killing it). I was in Ryujo, but the effectiveness of her AA had me flabbergasted. I could not even call back my squadron before it was wiped out.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
390 posts
11,125 battles
6 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

KaCTGft.jpg

The work is ever ongoing with the Aircraft Carrier rework.  The hotfix patch today changed AA yet again.  The biggest changes were a marked increase in the flak damage from tier 5s through 7 with a reduction at tiers 8 and 9.  DPS numbers were massaged here and there -- in general increasing them at the lower tiers and reducing them at tier 8+.  Here's an example, using the Royal Navy Battleship line as an example.  This trends across all the tech trees, however.

gVaxjVw.png

LygMUpc.png

Drop the Lexington, bring back the Essex. Essex much closer in age to Shokoku, Lex much older. Better planes, problem solved.

• Cool 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles

No one cares about this. Until the spotting mechanics are changed... who in their right mind can apply this, especially when you are in a +/- 2 game and have players ranging from PR ratings of 200-2000.... Then add in their might not be a CV....

By no means do I ever mean to discredit the work LWM does, she is fantastic. The elephant sitting on WG's front door is spotting. Not if the Hood or Nelson or DoY has better AA...

[SFOR]
Members
933 posts
6,592 battles
6 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So, this is a good change?

I'm not being punished enough at tier 4...once I master DBs, I'll move up to Ranger.

It is a little buff to the tier 8 and tier 10 carriers. Unfortunately  for tier 4 and 6 it is a nerf.

i had around 10 games today with the Ryujo, The average damage drop from 90k to something around 65k-75k which i think is OK but the problem is that i need to rely on the "reverse F-key method" to keep my planes available to attack and still some games i got deplaned. Is not easy.

Edited by _no_one_

[ODIN]
Members
669 posts
2,895 battles

Lemme get this straight... top-tier AA was extremely strong, so WG... raised the AA of all the other tiers?

[WG-CC]
9,682 posts
8,153 battles
46 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Lemme get this straight... top-tier AA was extremely strong, so WG... raised the AA of all the other tiers?

While reducing it somewhat at tiers 8, 9 and 10..