Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

wg why sacrfice the 95% for the 5%

142 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

125
[HATE]
Members
106 posts
9,874 battles

This morning, i had a game against a hak and i was in a full aa spec Gearing, i got within 8k launched torps, and opened up with guns at 5.6k he was able to bomb me then rocket me to death inside of 1 minute. 


      2155 wtr  Unicum 97 796 dmg and 7 plane kills and we lost. he ended the game with 6 kills. the difference in talent is still an issue and the ability for a cv to kill anyone. it is better then before. now you are seeing most of the 95% are taking the opportunity to focus and crush the offending class as quickly as we can. when a game sets out to make 5% of its player base happy at the expense of the 95% is bullhockey. so as much as i may have sympathy for the now focused cv player. I and most of the players will continue to haunt you till you stop playing them so much. it is ruining our boat game. most players want to play the other 3 classes. this is a fact that seems to be lost on wg. you have the stats. how many players have logged off right after the rework and not logged back in that used to play everyday? bet that stat is pretty large.  

  • Cool 30
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
111
[GT99]
Members
399 posts
6,396 battles

Yeah, I think my last game was sometime last week. The killer for me was the CV relentlessly pursued me while I was in a DD trying to cap in a close game with only a couple ships left. It was just a constant barrage of planes and I could not get away from them. We could have pulled off a win if the CV wasn't sending planes every few seconds to keep pounding me. Although they had a surface ship advantage, the CV was the only one I could not do anything about. I used to play daily, not much anymore.

 

Edit: Haters......lol

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,109
[5BS]
Members
5,681 posts

Is it really 95% having a problem with the 5% of CV players, or the 20% DD players who complain about everything anyway and the rest of us largely don't care? Cause I've had no complaints from my CL's or my CA's about the new CV meta. Even when I brought out a BB I didn't find CV's to be more or less of a nuisance than they used to be. It does seem to be a trend that every post made that screams, "These CV's are a nightmare and need to be nerfed/removed/destroyed" always includes a bad game played from a DD. Like I'm not seeing posts saying, "I played a match in my Minotaur and these CV's are IMPOSSIBLE to deal with!" or "I just played a match in my Yamato and these CV's are torture!" It's always DD's and I think that's telling.

  • Cool 20
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 9
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[HATE]
Members
106 posts
9,874 battles
7 minutes ago, lucifier said:

Vids or its a lie

image.thumb.png.ca01320a2859bf3200a94e4f51e6eceb.png both cv games. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

So you yolo'd in on a T10 CV, in a ship with "weak" AA overall, died, and are surprised by this? What was the expected out come, the CV be completely helpless and unable to defend himself?

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[HATE]
Members
106 posts
9,874 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Is it really 95% having a problem with the 5% of CV players, or the 20% DD players who complain about everything anyway and the rest of us largely don't care? Cause I've had no complaints from my CL's or my CA's about the new CV meta. Even when I brought out a BB I didn't find CV's to be more or less of a nuisance than they used to be. It does seem to be a trend that every post made that screams, "These CV's are a nightmare and need to be nerfed/removed/destroyed" always includes a bad game played from a DD. Like I'm not seeing posts saying, "I played a match in my Minotaur and these CV's are IMPOSSIBLE to deal with!" or "I just played a match in my Yamato and these CV's are torture!" It's always DD's and I think that's telling.

as a bb main and i take it not as a dd game was bad. it is that the cv players make up 5% of the player base. wg thought it was a good idea to make the skill gap even greater now that it is a lot easier to play. so now when there is a good cv player you can pretty much bet all of the dds are dead first. then the bbs and all that is left for the other 11 players is the cruisers. the main goal of the rework was to take the affect of one player on 11 and even out the class ability. on that account they failed by making it easier to play and not that good player or better than average player can tip the balance of a game by simply killing the dd's off or spotting them till they are shot to death. a team with a dd and a

team without will always lose to the other. 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,524 posts
11,877 battles

Sure a "  2155 wtr  Unicum 97 796 dmg " is a part of 95% of people on this game.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
223
[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles
6 minutes ago, MEANN said:

image.thumb.png.ca01320a2859bf3200a94e4f51e6eceb.png both cv games. 

This shows exactly nothing.  And it is one game out of many.  There arem many people saying, "Oh I can't do crap now in a CV.  My planes evaporate if I even look at a cruiser or battleship or USN DD."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,162 battles
23 minutes ago, MEANN said:

This morning, i had a game against a hak and i was in a full aa spec Gearing, i got within 8k launched torps, and opened up with guns at 5.6k he was able to bomb me then rocket me to death inside of 1 minute. 


      2155 wtr  Unicum 97 796 dmg and 7 plane kills and we lost. he ended the game with 6 kills. the difference in talent is still an issue and the ability for a cv to kill anyone. it is better then before. now you are seeing most of the 95% are taking the opportunity to focus and crush the offending class as quickly as we can. when a game sets out to make 5% of its player base happy at the expense of the 95% is bullhockey. so as much as i may have sympathy for the now focused cv player. I and most of the players will continue to haunt you till you stop playing them so much. it is ruining our boat game. most players want to play the other 3 classes. this is a fact that seems to be lost on wg. you have the stats. how many players have logged off right after the rework and not logged back in that used to play everyday? bet that stat is pretty large.  

Mean you know me, I stopped playing DD's, now I am playing a BB, it is to easy, just cap in it, punch the CA's in the face when they're trying to hide, don't even worry about the CV, go make a coffee inbetween shots, the BB life is way easier atm

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,731
[RLGN]
Members
9,416 posts
18,821 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Is it really 95% having a problem with the 5% of CV players, or the 20% DD players who complain about everything anyway and the rest of us largely don't care? Cause I've had no complaints from my CL's or my CA's about the new CV meta. Even when I brought out a BB I didn't find CV's to be more or less of a nuisance than they used to be. It does seem to be a trend that every post made that screams, "These CV's are a nightmare and need to be nerfed/removed/destroyed" always includes a bad game played from a DD. Like I'm not seeing posts saying, "I played a match in my Minotaur and these CV's are IMPOSSIBLE to deal with!" or "I just played a match in my Yamato and these CV's are torture!" It's always DD's and I think that's telling.

This^^^

How odd I've not had any trouble with CVs in my recent games...

Once again, it sounds like a First World  T10 problem for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[HATE]
Members
106 posts
9,874 battles
4 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

So you yolo'd in on a T10 CV, in a ship with "weak" AA overall, died, and are surprised by this? What was the expected out come, the CV be completely helpless and unable to defend himself?

here are the fact of the aa of the t10 boats. only the grozovoi has better aa than the gearing. so how is the gearing weak?

image.thumb.png.53486b15c95d2b117951ae425cc84da2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[HATE]
Members
106 posts
9,874 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Mean you know me, I stopped playing DD's, now I am playing a BB, it is to easy, just cap in it, punch the CA's in the face when they're trying to hide, don't even worry about the CV, go make a coffee inbetween shots, the BB life is way easier atm

i do and lol....i have been playing my bbs more as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
543
[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,195 battles
20 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Is it really 95% having a problem with the 5% of CV players, or the 20% DD players who complain about everything anyway and the rest of us largely don't care? Cause I've had no complaints from my CL's or my CA's about the new CV meta. Even when I brought out a BB I didn't find CV's to be more or less of a nuisance than they used to be. It does seem to be a trend that every post made that screams, "These CV's are a nightmare and need to be nerfed/removed/destroyed" always includes a bad game played from a DD. Like I'm not seeing posts saying, "I played a match in my Minotaur and these CV's are IMPOSSIBLE to deal with!" or "I just played a match in my Yamato and these CV's are torture!" It's always DD's and I think that's telling.

Ok, DDs must be the problem and apparently they always are, if what you say is true?

So, you survived in your BB and a minotaur with one of the best AA suites in the game was happy … 

I think that's more telling - take your hate elsewhere dude

 

 

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,391 posts
47 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Is it really 95% having a problem with the 5% of CV players, or the 20% DD players who complain about everything anyway and the rest of us largely don't care? Cause I've had no complaints from my CL's or my CA's about the new CV meta. Even when I brought out a BB I didn't find CV's to be more or less of a nuisance than they used to be. It does seem to be a trend that every post made that screams, "These CV's are a nightmare and need to be nerfed/removed/destroyed" always includes a bad game played from a DD. Like I'm not seeing posts saying, "I played a match in my Minotaur and these CV's are IMPOSSIBLE to deal with!" or "I just played a match in my Yamato and these CV's are torture!" It's always DD's and I think that's telling.

It's because a lot of the DD players that I see whining how "0.8.0 ruined DDs" is that they try to play the same way even though CVs are rampant. They rush ahead of friendlies and complain if they get killed by planes.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
543
[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,195 battles
24 minutes ago, MEANN said:

as a bb main and i take it not as a dd game was bad. it is that the cv players make up 5% of the player base. wg thought it was a good idea to make the skill gap even greater now that it is a lot easier to play. so now when there is a good cv player you can pretty much bet all of the dds are dead first. then the bbs and all that is left for the other 11 players is the cruisers. the main goal of the rework was to take the affect of one player on 11 and even out the class ability. on that account they failed by making it easier to play and not that good player or better than average player can tip the balance of a game by simply killing the dd's off or spotting them till they are shot to death. a team with a dd and a

team without will always lose to the other. 

^ That's pretty much how reasonable person with no bias would understand the OP 

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,885 posts
10,762 battles

CV is the next untapped cash flow and WG will do anything and everything to make them more than 5% of the player base.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[OKM]
Members
160 posts
2,316 battles

Well, it is not that Wargaming is helping the ''5% against the 95%'', its that WG is trying to make the ''5% increase''. Sure, now DD got all hell over them because of 2 things: first, CV are more common. Second, radar ship are even more common (since they are the best AA ships). In due time, with balancing, it should resolve by itself and I do think that the current system is far easier to adjust than the old one.

 

And sure, Gearing is a good AA destroyer... but Destroyer are by definition the ships with the weakest AA, quite normal to be unable to stop wave of plane when even a Mino struggle with it alone. More than balance, it's a case of adjustment to the new meta.  Also, by full AA spec, you did have Manual control of AA right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[LEGIT]
Members
695 posts
7,062 battles
Just now, chewonit said:

CV is the next untapped cash flow and WG will do anything and everything to make them more than 5% of the player base.

This^^, was the original intention of this Rework. Make CV's more accessible  and increase the player base 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[HATE]
Members
106 posts
9,874 battles
1 minute ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

This^^, was the original intention of this Rework. Make CV's more accessible  and increase the player base 

well, increase net new players or moving players from other classes? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[LEGIT]
Members
695 posts
7,062 battles
1 minute ago, MEANN said:

well, increase net new players or moving players from other classes? 

 

Both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[-BRS-]
Members
984 posts
29,215 battles

The problem is WG is  trying to "Balance" CV's in a game that is built around "Gun boats", you cant do it with out pissing off the 5% good CV players because there argument is that CV's have always been part of the game, or have been a part of history (like that means anything). 

You also can piss off all the gun boats by trying to make the CV do as much damage as the guns do, it  doesn't work, CV's can do there damage with out being seen.  A CV has no skin in the game, they can do all there work with out risk and when you try to "Balance" the gun boats to make it so they do less, then you piss CV's off and we get CV's screaming that they cant do any damage

"AA is to strong and WG must nerf it". 

Soooooo WG nerfs AA and the guns complain about to strong CV's, and onward to the power creep of oblivion we go.

Bottom line is WG screwed up the day one of the developers said "Hay I got a great idea!  Lets have a ship class in the game that doesn't fit the map, that only a few can master but dose massive spotting and damage with out any risk!".

CV's need there own game, that is the fix for the problem.

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
543
[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,195 battles
18 minutes ago, chewonit said:

CV is the next untapped cash flow and WG will do anything and everything to make them more than 5% of the player base.

 

17 minutes ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

This^^, was the original intention of this Rework. Make CV's more accessible  and increase the player base 

 

15 minutes ago, MEANN said:

well, increase net new players or moving players from other classes? 

I wouldn't rule out incompetence, even though we all know WG is very aggressive in monetizing their game … 

It is possible someone saw the new meta and thought "Oh, this is visually compelling and easier to sell - maybe we can make CVs fun and make them work where they didn't before"?

Somewhere along the way, they ended up having to make so many other changes to accommodate this new wonderful thing that they wrecked their game lol, at least temporarily 

 

95% chance greed vs 5% chance incompetence?

Or, does 95 + 5 = 100% fubar :)

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×