You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Kidd Tier VIII on sale

7 comments in this topic

[TRGT]
Members
124 posts
2,814 battles

Kidd is on sale for $44 CAN but in the tech tree it is still 9100 Doubloons

if the price is adjusted it would cost 7800 would it not?

if so I would buy it at that price but 9100? not so sure

not sure if I want to go further on the US destroyer tech tree after Monagnan buy Kidd? yes but not at any price.

not interested in the tier VI and VIII but the last two tier, yes

want to spend credits on the British DD's

Members
677 posts
5,656 battles
20 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

not sure if I want to go further on the US destroyer tech tree after Monagnan buy Kidd? yes but not at any price.

If you're looking for a dependable destroyer that has strong staying power (most effective HP at T8 because of the heal), strong cap control pressure, decent zoning torps, amazing guns for dueling, and brutal AA, play the Kidd. It's an excellent trainer for when you do eventually purchase and play Fletcher / Gearing, albeit somewhat lacking in torpedo power.

Properly played, Kidd can farm credits very easily. As most of you damage is done to DDs, your credit and XP incomes can be insane, paired with plane downing XP.

Kidd is highly gun focused, so be ready to learn or master open water kiting, aiming, and dodging, but do not forget to pressure capture points and kill other DDs. It is hands down the most fun you can have in a DD.

Copied from another post, but your build should play out as follows for a generalist:

Priority Target, Preventative Maintenance
Last Stand, Adrenaline Rush
Superintendent, Survivability Expert, Basic Firing Training (you have great AA)
Concealment expert
- You can drop BFT and PM for RPF if you want more DD hunting, but both builds work exceptionally well

Modules:
Main armaments mod 1 (gun HP, AA mounts are very strong in the rework, you won't lose them that often unless a british BB is taking shots at you)
Propulsion mod 1 (going somewhere is better than not going somewhere, even if that somewhere is in circles, but you have LS so who cares)
AA guns mod 1 (5 long range flak bursts, 6 short range, very powerful on all DDs)
Propulsion mod 2 (get going faster from stop because you have DFAA instead of speed boost, take sierra mike for faster going faster)
Concealment (Kidd can get 5.8/5.9km concealment, incredibly competitive)

[DOMN8]
Members
19 posts
4,824 battles

Kidd is an awesome ship. I would not use the above captain spec though. Instead of adrenaline rush and priority target use those 3 points for demolition expert.Thats if you have a 19 point captain.  The more fires you start the better. I like adrenaline rush but then you have a wasted point on priority target. So just get the extra fire chance. Really no need for RPF either you can bump into just about anything and survive. Also you are going to be open water shooting a lot so RPF would be worthless. Just my opinion but it’s definitely worth the buy. One of the most fun dds in my port and a good credit earner. 

[KAG]
Members
150 posts
19,428 battles
On 2/10/2019 at 6:12 PM, 3r22r said:

I'd advocate for holding off buying any DDs (or probably any ship from WG) until after the CV Rework craziness is done.  With all the planes in the air due to the F key, DDs are probably the most affected.  

[DOMN8]
Members
19 posts
4,824 battles
39 minutes ago, Jaegerpuppy8 said:

I'd advocate for holding off buying any DDs (or probably any ship from WG) until after the CV Rework craziness is done.  With all the planes in the air due to the F key, DDs are probably the most affected.  

After the hot fix the kidd has no issue shooting down planes and the CV per game has also gone down. Had a game Monday with 47 planes shot down in the kidd. 

[A-I-M]
Members
1,467 posts
7,619 battles
On 2/10/2019 at 7:12 PM, 3r22r said:

Premium shop sales and tech tree premium ship sales usually do NOT match up. So, right now, if you want it at discount, you gotta buy it direct for cash.

[-TNT-]
Members
620 posts
7,986 battles

Dear God I wish my Kidd could team up with tier 10s in a Division.  This -/+ 1 is really ticking me off.  I've been in tier 10 matches using the Kidd an she eats tier 10 planes for breakfast.