Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

Idea for another HotFix

4 comments in this topic

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
425 posts
4,310 battles

Hey WG how about fixing the flawed MM, and just stop putting T8 ships into the far far OP T10 games.

Having a t8 ship with t10 CV is a just a death sentence or an invite to just hide in the back and score no damage.

• Cool 1

Members
20,840 posts
5,617 battles

Are you talking about T8 vs. T10 ships in general, or just T8 ships vs. T10 CVs?

If the latter, I completely agree.

Edited by Skpstr

[RTR]
Beta Testers
94 posts
4,122 battles

I agree. There are enough Tier X players now that the Tier 8s should no longer have to suffer to keep tier X games going. As you go up in tier the disparity to the ship 2 tiers above you gets greater and greater until you are at tier 8 and the games are almost unplayable.

I can handle tier 8s in my tier 6, I also don't ever seem to be the only tier 6 in that tier 8 fight.

As for all tiers becoming +/- 1; I do believe that would cause dramatic problems for overall MMing. Perhaps, if they added in a code that had it at +/- 1 for two minutes in que...then increased it to +/- 2 after that? That would allow for the closer matches to be made, with support for other tiers if people are found to be waiting too long by the machine.

Another great tool would be the use of a rating system; that way teams could also be more balanced...but that would be for a different post altogether. (40% of my matches seem to be beatdown wins, 10% seem to be good games, and 50% seem to be beatdown losses.)

• Cool 1

[RTR]
Beta Testers
94 posts
4,122 battles

Another thought would be to do a % decrease in HP and Damage across all tier 9 and 10 ships...to bring the disparity between the tier 8s back down to a manageable level.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this