You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

AA change for tier 8+ Incoming

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,037 posts
7,025 battles

Dear players,

We've encountered two issues with anti-air defense mechanics after the 0.8.0.1 hotfix:

- Large damage spikes from AA explosions in tier VIII and above (this is a bug, the damage should increase proportionally with tier);
- Continuous DPS on several ships/tiers needs further adjusting (mostly toning down slightly).

We're already working on resolving both issues, but to avoid any new mistakes, we will be spending a couple of days double-checking everything and preparing a small update. We plan to release this hotfix early next week.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
422 posts
4,256 battles

WG to player translation:

"we cannot have t8 ships causing damage to our god like OP t10 players (there egos might get bruised) so we will nerf the T8's so they stand no chance to cause any damage"

:cap_cool:

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Members
20,696 posts
5,599 battles
Just now, DarkStormy said:

"we cannot have t8 ships causing damage to our god like OP t10 players (there egos might get bruised) so we will nerf the T8's so they stand no chance to cause any damage"

Or how about "We can't have T8 ships that are effectively invulnerable to T6 players"?

There actually was a goof-up somewhere. A given AA suite at T8 provides flak with 4x as much damage as the same guns a tier lower. There's a huge jump in flak power starting at T8, while plane HP scales properly.

That's why T6 planes can function properly against T7s, but can barely scratch T8s.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,239 posts
2,294 battles
7 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

https://imgflip.com/i/2t7w3h

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
11 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Little White Mouse has a graphic that show why rather well.

[-BUI-]
Members
560 posts
2,537 battles
20 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Nah, the translation is:   We didn't bother to check if our changes were good and/or correct, we just changed some code and uploaded it and hoped for the best!

• Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
1,332 posts
26 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Clearly you have not logged a single flight hour. I had Sipan planes taken out by a Pency. Sipan planes are t10 taken out by t6 ship. I attacked a t8 BB alone and it took the whole sq of t10 torps.

If your bottom t you might as well ram because you will do more.

Aside from one cv the rest were fine.

[DRACS]
Members
4,050 posts

There is a significant AA vs plane health scaling issues between CV tiers. It's very common for tier 6 and tier 8 CVs to get uptiered into matches with mostly higher tier ships. And tier 10 AA vs tier 8 planes is BRUTAL.

No, not that kind of brutal. THIS kind of BRUTAL:

Image result for metalocalypse brutal

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,061 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Or how about "We can't have T8 ships that are effectively invulnerable to T6 players"?

There actually was a goof-up somewhere. A given AA suite at T8 provides flak with 4x as much damage as the same guns a tier lower. There's a huge jump in flak power starting at T8, while plane HP scales properly.

That's why T6 planes can function properly against T7s, but can barely scratch T8s.

I posted all over the place about that spike, it looked ludicrous to me, I think WG has been shady as heck, and even I can accept that the spike was a big fat mistake somewhere and not intentional. 

Members
20,696 posts
5,599 battles
15 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I posted all over the place about that spike, it looked ludicrous to me, I think WG has been shady as heck, and even I can accept that the spike was a big fat mistake somewhere and not intentional. 

I didn't even notice TBH, never thought of comparing numbers between tiers to see the progression.