You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Flotilla Friday - The Weekend Lineup

20 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,049 posts
6,593 battles

Related image

*pictured - USS Helena (CL-75) firing on shore targets on the Korean coast on August 24, 1950*

Ahoy skippers, what ships do you have lined up to do battle this weekend?

With ranked, randoms, and PvE action to choose from, everyone has a ship or flotilla they have ready to do battle.

Whether it is a destroyer, cruiser, battleship, carrier, or a combo, the ships you choose are for grinding XP, credits, or just going out there and giving the enemy a well placed shell or torpedo.

It's Friday, you have a fleet at your disposal, so which ones get the call to engage the enemy fleet?

"When you're in command, command." - Chester Nimitz, US Navy

#flotillafriday

#anchorsaweigh

• Angry 1

[WOSV]
Members
435 posts
2,519 battles

Likely going to flip flop Midway and Des Moines most often. Might mess with some Tier VIII like Mass. or even Kidd. Maybe take Iowa for a spin. Lots of 'Murica for sure.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles

ANy ship ha requires me finish the directive fast. The ATL is my squishy ship of choice so far.

Then I'll would probably play my weekend game subnaucious,  That game is soooo addicting, I am almost done with it :(. Need to trigger the final stage of the end game component.  I say I have about 4 days left roughly... Its sill fun.

Then its back to my ATL. OR Ishokazie.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles

Aoba is kitted out and prepared for combat. HMS Leander is similarly ready in case Aoba has a really, really bad game.

I also have Ibuki in reserve in case I get an itch to play Ranked, and Zao if I want to play with the big boys.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,239 posts
2,294 battles

Got some mid-tiered ships i need to work on my other account

as for this one NC, Nagato, and Yubari are getting playing time

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Members
585 posts
4,877 battles

Working up my nearly new Izumo.

May hop back in one of my US CLs.

Patiently waiting for Alaska.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,033 posts
7,628 battles

Ranked- Fletcher and Iowa

Random - Anything in port except CV's and Dreadnought 

Co-op - Langley, Ranger, Lexington

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,576 posts
2,611 battles

Hooing to rank out this weekend. Missouri got me from rank 10 to 5 in a breeze, but under rank 5 the meta seems to be Musashi. Can tank so much and hand those large numbers right back to the enemy. Have had several 200k games, when theres only 6 enemies!

• Cool 1

[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,428 posts
7,754 battles

I will certainly try ranked out! Finally got some time to myself this weekend.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
270 posts
16,236 battles

Playing the Guilio Ceasare a lot before the nerf bat hits it.

Other ships I've been playing regularly lately are:

Okt. Rev.

Texas

P.E.F.

Huang He

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,284 posts
10,516 battles

For Ranked Musashi, Fletcher, and Missouri.

For Randoms Harekaze, Lightning, Mogami, Zao, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, PEF, Graf Spee, Aoba and Amagi. Just mainly been collecting Daily bonuses off the ships for leveling up captains, collecting some Free XP, Credits, and daily containers for coal.

May take my Royal Navy Premium ships out as well depending on how things are going. ( lol many people hate Duke of York, but with the proper 19 point Captain, AP shells in the guns, and good use of hydro the ship is a beast) other goals for the moment aside from getting my Gneisenau/ Scharnhorst/ PEF Captain to 19 points is to add points onto my IJN mid tier CA captains, BBs, and DDs for predicted future meta changes.

Used to use CVs on weekends a lot, but since the rework and 4 battles later I laid my CV fleet to rest so their memory would live on as one with honor and fun memories. Now I protect my teams not with fighters in the sky, but with flak guns and cat fighters on my surface ships. Weekends still are CV heavy after all.

( I also may be funneling large amounts of Elite Captain XP, Credits, and Free XP into my reserves for the day submarines are added. Lol Have enough I will be able hit those in full force with 11 point Captains for every sub tiers VI-X for 3 nations. :Smile_trollface: ) 

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,049 posts
6,593 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

ANy ship ha requires me finish the directive fast. The ATL is my squishy ship of choice so far.

Then I'll would probably play my weekend game subnaucious,  That game is soooo addicting, I am almost done with it :(. Need to trigger the final stage of the end game component.  I say I have about 4 days left roughly... Its sill fun.

Then its back to my ATL. OR Ishokazie.

I haven't played my Hotlanta since 0.8.0 came out. How is she faring?

Here's my lineup for the weekend:

• Kitakaze and Fletcher for Ranked
  • Irian and Charles Martel for grinding Randoms
  • Huanghe and Anshan to grind credits for current Directive

"One hundred rounds do not constitute fire power. One hit constitutes fire power." - Merritt Edson, US Marine Corps

#anchorsaweigh

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,959 posts
7,946 battles

Same as every other day (I am boring). But I will try to use the dive bombers more (especially when top tier). Also take Saipan out for a spin a couple of times, it is growing on me (I never liked the old air sup RTS version)/

I must spend more time with t4 and 6 cvs, will see if I have the energy/time.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
1,212 posts
2 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Related image

*pictured - USS Helena (CL-75) firing on shore targets on the Korean coast on August 24, 1950*

Ahoy skippers, what ships do you have lined up to do battle this weekend?

With ranked, randoms, and PvE action to choose from, everyone has a ship or flotilla they have ready to do battle.

Whether it is a destroyer, cruiser, battleship, carrier, or a combo, the ships you choose are for grinding XP, credits, or just going out there and giving the enemy a well placed shell or torpedo.

It's Friday, you have a fleet at your disposal, so which ones get the call to engage the enemy fleet?

"When you're in command, command." - Chester Nimitz, US Navy

None.  Still can't play.....

[SPTR]
Members
2,148 posts
970 battles

Same as I always run. Scharnhorst with maybe some Bismarck sprinkled in if i can stomach (and afford) playing her.

[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles
2 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Its a good time to play the hotlanta Gneis. I still annoy BBs and thanks to the rework, CVs feed me planes... One thing for sure, having HP on planes and the interaction between the ATL  AA guns and CV plans is not ideal.

One thing for sure, I rather have the %25 more planes down because of more CV matches (new system). Then pray for an experience CV driver to fed me planes (old system).

Edited by Navalpride33

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,107 posts
4,337 battles

I'll mostly be using Jutland and Lexington for grinding, plus North Carolina because shiny new ship!

9 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Well...

dnmkptN.jpg

...I'd say pretty good.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,523 posts

I really wasn't sure, going into it. Depends on what works!

Today, there were 3 DD's in every pve match.  Makes playing a BB kind of pointless, unless you like low damage games or dodging torpedoes.

Cruisers it is!

That means:

Myoko- just a few thou away from finishing it.  (now done!)

Cleveland.  Also very close to being done.

DM/Salem.  E=XP grinding.  I just used all 300k I had in stock to bump Myoko's captain up to 16 points, so...

Huang He.  missions.

Helena/Boise/Nueve de Julio.  to fight the onslaught of DD's filling the queue, of course!

New Orleans.  Just because I like it.

Roon and Schors, if I get around to it. 

Members
2,758 posts
11,746 battles
35 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Today, there were 3 DD's in every pve match.  Makes playing a BB kind of pointless, unless you like low damage games or dodging torpedoes

It's easier to dodge torpedoes than Battleship shells.

I need a shipload of credits for the Iowa so it looks like Missouri will be getting a workout. Full AA modules with full AA Captain of course. Bring me planes!

[NDA]
Supertester
5,058 posts
14,833 battles

Hey just wanted to remind the WoWs Devs that Rank Is still Toxic Garbage. Yeah this new format of Arsenal Battle is cool but it doesn't take long to realize its a new coat of paint on the same rusted out ship wreck. I just lost a star and progress because A stupid DD decided it didn't want to live any more and Yolo'd guns blazing into the enemy. WG how the F Key can you keep putting on the same "Competitive" game mode season after season and not see how terrible it is. I mean you have to know something is wrong with it after 3 known season of declining player numbers. Heck you didn't even publish the player numbers from Season 10. Steel is not worth the crap Rank requires a captain to deal with.