Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Droz1937

Carriers and DDs

17 comments in this topic

[RTR]
Beta Testers
94 posts
4,122 battles

A couple things I have noticed with CVs after the hotfix.

1. DDs are still pretty screwed unless they set up for AA and then they still are pretty screwed.

2. CVs getting into matches 2 tiers higher than them seems to put them in a state where all they can really do is spot for the team. Their planes get mauled too quickly by ships 2 tiers higher+.

Solution?

1. Make rockets less effective on DDs, perhaps overpenning a lot and having dmg max similar to BB AP.

2. Restrict CVs to their tier +1, it is currently very similar to a tier 4 trying to fight a tier 7. Sure, they may get a little dmg...but overall their presence is worthless for everyone involved. Wasting a spot on the team and that players time as they can't get much exp/creds for just spotting.

3. Increase the rewards for spotting and spotting dmg. Perhaps give rewards for length of time keeping an enemy spotted. Make spotting damage more accessible to planes. (I have found that after I spot an enemy for my team to shoot, that enemy then shoots and I lose the spotting damage assist because other teammates can now see him without my help.)

4. Planes that are spotting targets give accuracy bonuses to ships shooting at said targets. This would give incentive for CVs to actually spot for the team instead of constantly losing 100+ planes to AA fire and getting relatively  nothing done.

I'm sure that this is going to be loved and loathed, but if we are looking for better balance then this is a start. Removing CVs or nerfing them to uselessness should not happen.

• Cool 2

[RTR]
Beta Testers
94 posts
4,122 battles

Just saw that I probably posted this in the wrong area...sorry. I guess it should go under gameplay suggestions and I didn't realize that topic was available.

Members
610 posts
12,822 battles
1 hour ago, Droz1937 said:

2. Restrict CVs to their tier +1, it is currently very similar to a tier 4 trying to fight a tier 7. Sure, they may get a little dmg...but overall their presence is worthless for everyone involved. Wasting a spot on the team and that players time as they can't get much exp/creds for just spotting.

I call shenanigans.

If CVs can have +1/-1 then we ALL should get it.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
422 posts
4,256 battles
36 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I call shenanigans.

I'll second that! T8 ships can't even scratch the paint on T10 planes.

• Funny 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,749 posts
3,923 battles
1 hour ago, Droz1937 said:

Just going to provide my experience when fighting DD's in a CV. 

the rockets are very strong yes, but the DB's are arguably more effective as you can hit a DD for 10k damage with a well placed drop. 

both are very strong though.. 

Examples below . 

nx3mQ0t.png

image.png.1a7b743ca13a96516da8402f61f69fb6.png

• Cool 1

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
57 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I call shenanigans.

I'm willing to give it to CVs only, if it makes them better balanced.

Besides which, whether you gave +/-1 to CVs or all ships, the result would be the same. Odd-tier ships could see CVs 1 tier higher or lower, (but not both) and even-tier ships would only see same-tier CVs.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
20 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I'll second that! T8 ships can't even scratch the paint on T10 planes.

You don't need +/-1 for all ships to fix that, just giving it to CVs will do the trick.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
422 posts
4,256 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You don't need +/-1 for all ships to fix that, just giving it to CVs will do the trick.

T8 ships are nothing more than an ego boost to t10 players when they are placed in a t10 battle.

t10 ships should be limited to a -1 MM only , even if that means smaller teams.

thtas my opinion, your welcome to yours.

• Cool 1

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
1 minute ago, DarkStormy said:

T8 ships are nothing more than an ego boost to t10 players when they are placed in a t10 battle.

t10 ships should be limited to a -1 MM only , even if that means smaller teams.

thtas my opinion, your welcome to yours.

I'm saving my opinion on overall ship MM for a thread about overall ship MM....

So T10 ships reduced to -1? That means T8 is limited to +1, just like T9.

At that point, you might as well just go full on +/-1. 

Edited by Skpstr

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
422 posts
4,256 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

I'm saving my opinion on overall ship MM for a thread about overall ship MM....

Well your in luck, I just started one.

[RTR]
Beta Testers
94 posts
4,122 battles

Just got in a Tier X battle with my CV and I was the only tier 8. No matter what spotting I attempted...I got no spotting damage. I hit the midway with 13 rockets and set it on fire? 0 dmg. I got lucky to get 17k dmg and some spotting ribbons...waste of time, signals, and camo.

Other than quitting to port in that instance, I am not sure what else to do. Maybe sail straight into the enemy team and just get it over with so I don't get in trouble and still get some credits?

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,552 posts
1,049 battles

It’s hard as heck getting bomb hits on DD, DD deserves to get sunk. 

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,330 posts
2,134 battles
2 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

It’s hard as heck getting bomb hits on DD, DD deserves to get sunk. 

don't forget with AA in its current state you'll be lucky if you get a hit through.

Beta Testers
7,117 posts
4,443 battles
12 hours ago, Droz1937 said:

1. DDs are still pretty screwed unless they set up for AA and then they still are pretty screwed.

No one cares about the most OP class in game getting a very idiotically weakened Hard counter.

A IJN DD said, I'll paraphrase it. I'm a Shira, I get that I'm a tier higher but why am I shooting down the rangers planes? That doesn't really seem fair to the CV.

DDs deserve nothing but to be punished hard, and I mean getting OHKed levels of hard for when they [edited] up. Because that class is so mind-numbingly easy to handle a 6 year old could pull near unicum levels of play at T8 with them.

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,494 battles
12 hours ago, Droz1937 said:

No (well, a CV did eventually kill me but a lot of other ships shot at me too)

image.thumb.png.554d179a499c7a6338b8b5407943be87.png

2. CVs getting into matches 2 tiers higher than them seems to put them in a state where all they can really do is spot for the team. Their planes get mauled too quickly by ships 2 tiers higher+.

Yes (in part, you don't have to be uptiered until they fix the AA bug)

image.png.7d33aa35e00fda1cfb65c702449d9b0d.png

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this