Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RumpledSteelskins

This is why I hate playing ranked

37 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
380 posts
12,115 battles

Almost from the start of this match, 3 of my 5 teammates were telling me all the stuff I was doing wrong...not going where they thought I should go....not shooting at what they wanted me to shoot at...saying they were gonna report me for bad play (and they did...Karma went down 3 points, whoop-de-do).   And here's the result.  Taking a break from ranked....this isn't the first incident this season, and I will be honest...this season seems like it has been LESS salty than previous ones....but it's still there and I'm tired of it.  

If I'm having a bad game, I don't mind getting told off...but when I'm getting it when it isn't warranted, it urinates me off!!!

\venting over.....thanks for listening.  Off to play Assassins Creed Odyssey.....SINGLE PLAYER

Inkedshot-19.02.08_13.24.23-0330_LI.jpg

Inkedshot-19.02.08_13.39.03-0211_LI.jpg

• Cool 2

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
882 posts

It is for this reason I rarely play ranked or randoms and if I do.... it is with chat off.

No matter if the battle is a victory or defeat, it is just not fun.

[WPP1]
Beta Testers
395 posts
4,086 battles

I agree man. Ranked seems to bring out the elitist types who spew toxic crap on the regular. That or it brings out those who have no idea that a team works together. Add to that the frustrating yo-yo climbing and falling ranks..ugh. 

• Boring 1

[CAST]
Members
1,423 posts
7,924 battles

I haven't seen as much trash talking in ranked this year as in previous years. 

I have seen a couple of games where a player or two commented on positioning.  A game had a player indicating that 2 of our BBs were hiding.  I was in a BB, so I was one of the BBs he was indicating.  What he didn't know was that the 2 BBs "hiding" were actually positioned so that the DDs ( we had already avoided a torp spread) and 2 of the other teams BBs couldn't hit us while we wailing on the broadside BB and cruisers that we could see.  Once they were gone, we pushed out and finished off the rest of the team.  Both of us finished 1 and 2 with over 2200XP each in the win.  Its not always what they think they see.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
2 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I haven't seen as much trash talking in ranked this year as in previous years. 

I have seen a couple of games where a player or two commented on positioning.  A game had a player indicating that 2 of our BBs were hiding.  I was in a BB, so I was one of the BBs he was indicating.  What he didn't know was that the 2 BBs "hiding" were actually positioned so that the DDs ( we had already avoided a torp spread) and 2 of the other teams BBs couldn't hit us while we wailing on the broadside BB and cruisers that we could see.  Once they were gone, we pushed out and finished off the rest of the team.  Both of us finished 1 and 2 with over 2200XP each in the win.  Its not always what they think they see.

no one is playing it.

[CUTE]
Members
249 posts
13,560 battles
31 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

Almost from the start of this match, 3 of my 5 teammates were telling me all the stuff I was doing wrong...not going where they thought I should go....not shooting at what they wanted me to shoot at...saying they were gonna report me for bad play (and they did...Karma went down 3 points, whoop-de-do).   And here's the result.  Taking a break from ranked....this isn't the first incident this season, and I will be honest...this season seems like it has been LESS salty than previous ones....but it's still there and I'm tired of it.  

If I'm having a bad game, I don't mind getting told off...but when I'm getting it when it isn't warranted, it urinates me off!!!

\venting over.....thanks for listening.  Off to play Assassins Creed Odyssey.....SINGLE PLAYER

Your first problem is being in the rank 10 bracket :( 

• Cool 1

[DIRTY]
Members
3 posts
12,121 battles

They really need to make the top 3 on losing team not lose a star, half the team plays like complete chumps so they can run up a damage count while sacrificing their teammates if the battle looks like its not a sure win.

• Cool 2

[TRG]
Members
219 posts
13,097 battles
32 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

How is the Alsace stacking up to Musashi and Iowa in Ranked?

Members
631 posts
11 battles
32 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

Let me help you. Ranked is 1 vs 11, you are competing against the reds as well as the greens. When you realize that, you will succeed. Stay alive long enough to see which team makes a mistake and capitalize. Saving a star is how to rank out.

• Bad 1

[DOG]
Members
506 posts
6,384 battles
33 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

This is the first season I've played more than a couple of ranked battles.  If you did that well in an Alsace, I don't know what they were complaining about.  I normally do okay with that ship in random, but I can't get it to work in ranked. Now, I've been having a pretty good run with Yugumo.  What burns me is when I have a really really good game and we still lose the match.  I think to myself, "Well, at least I'm probably the highest scorer on my team, so I won't lose a star."  Then when the match is over it turns out I'm the second highest scorer on the team (once by 8 points!)  :Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF2]
Members
380 posts
12,115 battles
1 minute ago, GSXstage1 said:

How is the Alsace stacking up to Musashi and Iowa in Ranked?

So far it seems pretty situational...I haven't played Alsace since they nerfed the sigma...it was still 1.8 when I ground through it....I rebought it for this ranked season.  Sometimes it tears stuff up...sometimes you can't hit water if you fall out of a boat.  The secondaries are still awesome though.....about half those secondary hits were on the Musashi…..but the main battery guns are just trollish now....I didn't get a lot on him with those.   The single citadel I got was on their Kron at about 6km.....so 12 shots at basically point blank and mostly broadside for one cit.  

[SHAFT]
Members
314 posts
11,756 battles
45 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience bud.

I have found that ranked in general has been less salty this time around. That being said, we're heading into the second week, so most of the better players have either ranked out or hit the amount of steel that they wanted to get (me for example, I got to 7, got enough for Stalin and will definitely not be playing any ranked this weekend because the spuds are out on weekends, not saying I fall into the better category either). Most of the ones around 10 are probably getting very frustrated bouncing between 12 and 10 and it will get worse over the next couple of days.

Take a break and try back again around Tuesday (not Monday, Mondays have been as bad as weekends of late). I will be grinding elite xp in operations with the occasional co-op or low tier game just to get first win bonus on my premiums.

Good luck.

Edited by Rabin69

[INTEL]
Members
1,014 posts
9,102 battles

Only two games out of the 40 I've played have had some less than helpful chat.  Both losses and in first one I saved my star with a 304k damage game.  In the latter one I would have saved my star if I had not been influenced by the dead chat player and done something I wouldn't normally do.

All-in-all I'm having a good time and the toxicity is pretty low.

[SHAFT]
Members
314 posts
11,756 battles
4 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

So far it seems pretty situational...I haven't played Alsace since they nerfed the sigma...it was still 1.8 when I ground through it....I rebought it for this ranked season.  Sometimes it tears stuff up...sometimes you can't hit water if you fall out of a boat.  The secondaries are still awesome though.....about half those secondary hits were on the Musashi…..but the main battery guns are just trollish now....I didn't get a lot on him with those.   The single citadel I got was on their Kron at about 6km.....so 12 shots at basically point blank and mostly broadside for one cit.  

Alsace with IFHE is a beast in the late part of the game from what I've sen this season. Those secondaries eat low health dds or bbs who stray too close.

[WOLF2]
Members
380 posts
12,115 battles
7 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

Saving a star is how to rank out.

9 minutes ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

Your first problem is being in the rank 10 bracket :(

That's been the other problem I've had this season....I went to rank 10 with my first game from the stars accumulated from last season (got to rank 4).  And I'm still there....I have saved more stars this season than I've gained.  I've dipped down to 11 a couple of times and back to 10....but I haven't been past 2 stars at rank 10 yet.  I haven't looked at my stats for this season because I'm afraid to....I know it's not gonna look pretty......

[PQUOD]
Members
1,033 posts
7,628 battles

To play ranked it helps to have thick skin really. Yes seen some salty chatter. That's what this is for. If enough people report someone for salting excessively. They get chat bans

reporting in game.jpg

[-1]
Members
213 posts
3,911 battles
30 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

I agree man. Ranked seems to bring out the elitist types who spew toxic crap on the regular. That or it brings out those who have no idea that a team works together. Add to that the frustrating yo-yo climbing and falling ranks..ugh. 

lol--ranked is all about elitism; play coop if you feel offended

• Boring 1

[WPP1]
Beta Testers
395 posts
4,086 battles
21 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

I never said it offended me, I just stated a fact. 

Members
385 posts
5,179 battles
34 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

So far it seems pretty situational...I haven't played Alsace since they nerfed the sigma...it was still 1.8 when I ground through it....I rebought it for this ranked season.  Sometimes it tears stuff up...sometimes you can't hit water if you fall out of a boat.  The secondaries are still awesome though.....about half those secondary hits were on the Musashi…..but the main battery guns are just trollish now....I didn't get a lot on him with those.   The single citadel I got was on their Kron at about 6km.....so 12 shots at basically point blank and mostly broadside for one cit

What do you use for your commander skills when taking Alsace into Ranked?  I have a 14-pointer on her, looking for recommendations.

[WOLF2]
Members
380 posts
12,115 battles
2 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

What do you use for your commander skills when taking Alsace into Ranked?  I have a 14-pointer on her, looking for recommendations.

I have Honore (19 points) on mine...transferred from Republique for ranked.  Ship and commander set up for full secondary build with leftovers on survivability.

Edited by RumpledSteelskins

Members
385 posts
5,179 battles
Just now, RumpledSteelskins said:

I have Honore on mine...transferred from Republique for ranked.  Ship and commander set up for full secondary build with leftovers on survivability.

I also have JJH on mine.  Alsace turrets turn fast enough that you don't really need the improved EM.  I would normally use my 14-points on PT, AR, SI, FP and CE.  Few enough cruisers in Ranked that you really don't need FP to deal with HE spam?  Maybe AFT instead?  I have taken her into Co-op where the bots like to get real close, with BFT and AFT and gotten >150 secondary hits, which is fun.

[O_O]
Members
77 posts
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

It's not the offence. It's the entitlement and toxicity. Someone can carry a team, all while others shred that person because s/he isn't playing the way they would.

Making a suggestion, or offering ideas for strategy doesn't have to include toxic remarks and such. I never understood this childish behaviour or why people who claim to be mature believe it is necessary. There is nothing elite about shrieking negativism and profanity.

Edited by WTFoxtrot
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
99 posts
10,473 battles
1 hour ago, CapnKrrunch said:

They really need to make the top 3 on losing team not lose a star, half the team plays like complete chumps so they can run up a damage count while sacrificing their teammates if the battle looks like its not a sure win.

2 nights ago got in a match with the same Mushy 3 times.  Literally sat in the corner and farmed damage the whole match.  Just shot BBs from across the map.  And of course since he has uber long range guns and 25% more HP than anyone else on the team, he lasted the longest.  Finished 2nd to him all 3 matches in a dd out capping buffs and spotting.  He goes into each match in Save a Star mode and if his teams bust [edited]for a win, good for him.

Got a chat ban and stopped playing Ranked.

NT

Edited by NightTerror

Members
1,478 posts
10 battles

I tell my team that I apologize in advance for sucking. That way if I die and someone starts talking I fall back on I told you I sucked ahead of time lol. 

Sign in to follow this