You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ozz98

About Giulio Cesare and thanks wargaming

80 comments in this topic

[CRUEL]
Members
3 posts
4,250 battles

I have two overpowered (op) premiums the Giulio Cesare and Fūjin. I support war gaming changing them to balance the game. I have been playing World of Tanks (WoT) for years and I don't really play it anymore because it is in a poor state when it comes to the balance of several premium tanks that they are not willing to fix. For the health and enjoyment of every one, wargaming should not be afraid of changing premiums. The one thing that can change my mind is if wargaming started to behave in the way we fear they may. Where they release op premiums to boost sales then nurfing them after there sales goals have been met to balance the game. 

The way I see it is that in WoT after the problems they had with balancing the Type 59 years ago they adopted the standard of never nerfing premiums that several people are arguing they adopt in this game. The result of this decision along with others have been poor. Power crepe has a real negative impact on that game and I think that giving the devs the tools to slow and hopefully stop power creep in this game will keep me playing world of warships for years to come. I would rather the devs spend their time on new maps and game modes than balancing 10 ships to account for 1 op premium that they can't change. 

This is just my two cents. I have only ever only posted on the forums when I was annoyed with something in the game and thought I should put in the time to post about things I do support. Thanks to all the wargaming employees for all the fun. I will keep paying for premium whether I need the benefit or not to support the game I enjoy and would encourage everyone to do the same.

• Cool 16
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 20

[PVE]
Members
814 posts
9,948 battles

Did you buy them because they were OP and would you have bought them if not OP?

That is the million dollar question.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,352 posts
8,292 battles
Just now, Rabbitt81 said:

When the kamikaze triplets were available, they were the chubby little sister to Minekaze. Basically trash, except that you could use them for captain training. It wasn’t until Minekaze got bashed with the nerf hammer that people realized the chubby little triplets looked pretty good after all.

Nobody got them because they were overpowered. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
814 posts
9,948 battles
5 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

When the kamikaze triplets were available, they were the chubby little sister to Minekaze. Basically trash, except that you could use them for captain training. It wasn’t until Minekaze got bashed with the nerf hammer that people realized the chubby little triplets looked pretty good after all.

Nobody got them because they were overpowered. 

They were nerfed for a reason and you could still buy them after the nerf. 

What about the Cesare then? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,458 posts
9,454 battles
8 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

I bought it because it was OP.

I don't mind that they are nerfing it. 

I will gladly trade mine in, and I will gladly never see them clubbing at T5 again.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[EQRN]
Members
658 posts
10,101 battles

I have the GC and bought it when I had a glut of doubloons and there was the xmas 50% sale.  It’s a potent ship no doubt.  

Other premiums I have I believe will get the hammer are Kutuzov and Missouri.  The MO will be nasty because the thing I fear gets nerfed (credit earning) has no effect on game performance.  

I did get a few more xmas crates than I would have to get a few more shots at the Kamikaze - won’t be making that mistake again.

The timing is especially bad with the cv rework and just coming off the Santa container spending spree to dump this sort of thing on the player base.

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,034 posts
7,633 battles

My problem with this suggested Nerf, the boat has been in game for 2 years, and now it's become too OP? Seems silly to cause this uproar now, and it's not even a Nerf, it's an uptier, that even worse. Fix the problem and leave it at its current tier. 

• Cool 3

[CAPGO]
Members
656 posts
4,015 battles

I think a lot of people agree that even the premium ships should not be excluded from the balance changes whether it's a buff or a nerf.

Propblem is.. It took WG more than a year for them to address GC, and they left other OP ships as is for several years. Even worse, they even promoted their sales around the idea of getting these OP ships. They encouraged people to buy crates ,which is becoming almost on par with gambling at this point, by using these OP ships.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[SSGS]
Members
72 posts
13,149 battles

I got the Kami and Fujin because I loved the Minekaze.  I like extreme stealth, torp only DD play.  I would not consider them OP because in the wrong conditions they are next to useless.  I use my skill to make sure I avoid planes and being detected by anything with guns, and trying to stay out of the 'wrong conditions'.  They are massively powerful if played correctly.

I really dont play the Minekaze anymore because of the nerf to torp speed and detection.  It is pretty much a lost cause in Minekaze trying to take out another DD with the slow torps and guns.  Kami and Fujin have a better chance in DD vs DD, but still not a good one.

That being said - I did outgun a Blys once in Kami...thanks to him having to dodge all my torps, and my aim just being a bit better.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,352 posts
8,292 battles
9 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

They were nerfed for a reason and you could still buy them after the nerf. 

What about the Cesare then? 

I have a 33%wr in Cesare. It’s certainly not OP in my hands.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,171 posts
11 minutes ago, Ozz98 said:

snip

I have Belfast and Kamikaze R and I too support WG's decision to rebalance these screwed up premiums. I'm perfectly fine if WG wants rare OP ships, so long as they're paper/fakes and not real historical ships. I visited the real Belfast twice during my childhood so that ship means alot to me. I never would have gotten her had it not been for sheer dumb luck, but I still feel sorry for new players who will never get to buy her unless they get extremely lucky from supercontainers or gamble their life away on santa crates. I've not spent any real money on WoWS because WG screwed up my most coveted ship, Imperator Nikolai. The Cesare rebalance does give me hope that I will finally see Nikolai for sale, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. WG should've done this from the very beginning to avoid the firestorm it has caused.

Last I heard, WoT was planning to rebalance premiums with preferential MM. They offered no gold refund whatsoever, only an option to trade-in your tank if you do not wish to keep it anymore but they charged a gold fee for it. Unsurprising as WoT is run by a bunch of jerks like SerB. No idea how it all went, but I hope it doesn't happen here.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,032 posts
9,192 battles
4 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I hear you brother.  It's only going to make it worse for me.  It's fun even when I lose.  It'll be less fun when I start losing more :Smile_facepalm:

Members
2,079 posts
8,154 battles

They can balance all they want, but changing premium tier should never be happening.  MM brackets change your playing experience too much.  T5 is different from T6 because it never sees T8.  T7 is different from T8 because it never sees T10.  The difference might sound trivial, but it is not, because of how skewed tier populations are in game.

• Cool 3

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
686 posts
8,673 battles

If you like playing the Cesare at T7 just wait till you're seeing T8's.  They don't need to be nerfing anything.  They're just setting a precedent for future nerfs.  It'll all be power creeped sooner or later in any event. 

• Cool 1

[DDM_]
Members
1,369 posts
4,265 battles
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Can't believe some are still saying they can balance as long as it isn't my ship.

Pretty standard in these parts. "Everything is on the table until it affects my favorite ship or class and then it's not fair and I can't believe WG is doing it" is the mantra around here it seems. 

Think I have 23 or 26 premiums, buff them, nerf them, remove them, makes no difference to me I got my money's worth out of the ones I paid for in terms of enjoyment, and the ones I won in random crates or through missions didn't cost me a dime so...............

• Cool 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles

ten bucks he got Christmas drop, cant play it... and uses the potential changes to complain about something... Sounds like my ex, when she found out I didn't make 200k per year...

• Funny 1

[WDS]
Members
1,074 posts
7,740 battles
44 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

46% In my very mashed potato hands .

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,352 posts
8,292 battles
7 minutes ago, clammboy said:

46% In my very mashed potato hands .

Weird thing is I’m not really a complete potato. I have a 58% wr in Texas, for instance. GC for some reason just doesn’t click with me.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,905 posts
4,253 battles
1 hour ago, Ozz98 said:

I have two overpowered (op) premiums the Giulio Cesare and Fūjin. I support war gaming changing them to balance the game. I have been playing World of Tanks (WoT) for years and I don't really play it anymore because it is in a poor state when it comes to the balance of several premium tanks that they are not willing to fix. For the health and enjoyment of every one, wargaming should not be afraid of changing premiums. The one thing that can change my mind is if wargaming started to behave in the way we fear they may. Where they release op premiums to boost sales then nurfing them after there sales goals have been met to balance the game. 

The way I see it is that in WoT after the problems they had with balancing the Type 59 years ago they adopted the standard of never nerfing premiums that several people are arguing they adopt in this game. The result of this decision along with others have been poor. Power crepe has a real negative impact on that game and I think that giving the devs the tools to slow and hopefully stop power creep in this game will keep me playing world of warships for years to come. I would rather the devs spend their time on new maps and game modes than balancing 10 ships to account for 1 op premium that they can't change. 

This is just my two cents. I have only ever only posted on the forums when I was annoyed with something in the game and thought I should put in the time to post about things I do support. Thanks to all the wargaming employees for all the fun. I will keep paying for premium whether I need the benefit or not to support the game I enjoy and would encourage everyone to do the same.

you assume WG will balance, and not over nerf them. you assume they will only nerf ships you think are overpowered.

WG is not known for small incremental, nerfs, or logical ones.

• Cool 2

[-BMV-]
Members
1,226 posts
5,774 battles

I have a three OP ships, KA, Belfast, and Kami R. I have no problem with them re-balancing them so they can be sold. 

I bought the KA because I love BB's from this time period and after the clamor of how OP she was I was afraid they would shelve her... which they did after a longer time than I expected. 

I bought the Belfast for History and because I like UK ships.

The Kami I didn't buy but got for free in an even in 2015 I think. Yes she was OP then but was actually slightly worse than her tech tree counter part. So at the time no one would buy Kami for her power if they could have Min for free.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,295 posts
19,880 battles
1 hour ago, Ozz98 said:

Switch and bait is against the law and given doubloons instead of cold cash people paid with should be reimburse at the very least by WG 

• Cool 1

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,596 posts
1,105 battles

Wot pretty much screwed themaleves by selling garbage tanks, thus treating their player base as stupid dim witted fools who  can get cheated. So wallet warriors left enmass from wot and the play4free leeches who suport nerfing premium tanks refuse to make it up. So they sold OP tanks so the wallet warriors can come back. 

If WOWS wants to go through the cycle they can go ahead or do the smart thing and sell the sister ships of these OP ships which are balance instead. 

• Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
1,074 posts
7,740 battles
13 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Weird thing is I’m not really a complete potato. I have a 58% wr in Texas, for instance. GC for some reason just doesn’t click with me.

Me either over 900 games in the Massachusetts 52% win rate but this is the only ship I have an over 50% win rate in . 

[NMKJT]
Members
1,789 posts
5,241 battles
1 hour ago, Rabbitt81 said:

No, I got the MA for that (ranked usage). If WG tuned that ship a bit I wouldn't complain (rip effortlessly butchering Bismarcks and Tirpitzes like helpless pigs in ranked though). GC I got because the Cavours are some of my favorite WW1 era BBs.