Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shinnidan

Seriously?!? Operation Aegis... O_O

74 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles

Okay...i just don't understand some players.  :Smile_amazed:

Operation Aegis is so dam easy to get 5 stars!  why the hell are some of yall wandering all over the map?! :Smile_facepalm:

the bots will only be basically in 4 bunches, and if you play it more than once...you will know that they will always go or be in the same place.    kill them group by group...if yall concentrate fire on each group of bots that come out, they will go down fast.  instant 5 stars (except in the end need to just concentrate on killing the designated BBs and ignore all other ships).   i just don't see why some of yall have to go far far out of the engagement zone.  some as far as the southern borderline.  :Smile_facepalm: if some of yall have never played Aegis OP...its NOT hard to figure out what you need to do. :Smile_facepalm:

it should be common sense...and get quick exp and cash...

thats my rant for this weekend.  sighs :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30
[FF]
Members
76 posts
2,333 battles

My favorite is the guy that goes straight towards the area to rescue the commander in the water after his ship sinks.....only to motor right past the circle and never stop to get him. By the time you realize it's one of those chuckleheads...he drowns before you get to it.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles
1 minute ago, redneck1776 said:

My favorite is the guy that goes straight towards the area to rescue the commander in the water after his ship sinks.....only to motor right past the circle and never stop to get him. By the time you realize it's one of those chuckleheads...he drowns before you get to it.

the sharks didn't get him?!? :Smile_amazed:

damn....that would have been a Oscar winning Jaws scene...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,608
[KSE]
Members
7,741 posts
8,075 battles

Reported for excessive use of "yall", reported a second time for not spelling "ya'll" correctly.

 

:Smile_trollface:

 

But yes, how people fail Aegis is beyond me.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles
5 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Reported for excessive use of "yall", reported a second time for not spelling "ya'll" correctly.

 

:Smile_trollface:

 

But yes, how people fail Aegis is beyond me.

:Smile_teethhappy: reported for excessive use of "Grammar Nazi-ism...."  

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[P2W]
Members
132 posts
8,260 battles

First, it's neither yall nor ya'll; if you're going to correct somebody else, it's a good idea to be right. The word is a contraction for you all, so it's y'all, with the apostrophe indicating where letters were omitted. Note that Yankees think this is a plural term, but it can be either singular or plural depending on context. If you need to emphasize that it's really a group then you use "all y'all"

Here endeth the Southern lesson for the day.

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
452
[TDRB]
Members
1,866 posts
6,204 battles
8 minutes ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

First, it's neither yall nor ya'll; if you're going to correct somebody else, it's a good idea to be right. The word is a contraction for you all, so it's y'all, with the apostrophe indicating where letters were omitted. Note that Yankees think this is a plural term, but it can be either singular or plural depending on context. If you need to emphasize that it's really a group then you use "all y'all"

Here endeth the Southern lesson for the day.

Yankees think????? (joking, don't get in a huff)

Y'all is believed to came from the Scottish "ye aw". Many Scots settled in the southern colonies following the Jacobite rising of 1745.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles

lol...."oh....wot a tangled web we weaved..."

from Grammar-Nazis to history buffs...lol :Smile_teethhappy: whats next? 

truly entertaining...:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[INR]
Members
675 posts
3,756 battles
47 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Reported for excessive use of "yall", reported a second time for not spelling "ya'll" correctly.

 

:Smile_trollface:

 

But yes, how people fail Aegis is beyond me.

Except it's an informal contraction of "you all" and should therefore be spelled "y'all".

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[RAWR]
Members
92 posts
4,420 battles
22 minutes ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

First, it's neither yall nor ya'll; if you're going to correct somebody else, it's a good idea to be right. The word is a contraction for you all, so it's y'all, with the apostrophe indicating where letters were omitted. Note that Yankees think this is a plural term, but it can be either singular or plural depending on context. If you need to emphasize that it's really a group then you use "all y'all"

Here endeth the Southern lesson for the day.

Agreeing with the above point. The apostrophe follows the Y, and precedes the A.

Additionally, when the situation dictates, you can also use you'uns which is generally understood to be y'all plus three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[INR]
Members
675 posts
3,756 battles
10 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yankees think????? (joking, don't get in a huff)

Y'all is believed to came from the Scottish "ye aw". Many Scots settled in the southern colonies following the Jacobite rising of 1745.

((Wikipedia, so take with a tablespoon of salt.))

Y'all = You all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y'all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
402 posts
4,273 battles

My personal favorite derp that has happened in Aegis so far this week was when I was running it with Ryujo. I had a Farragut decide that he needed to escort my carrier the entire match, despite my setting a preplanned course that keeps my ship as close to the action as possible for speed of squadron travel, but safely out of detection range until possibly the very end. I've run this way several times and only once ever been fired upon, and like I said, it was at the very end when it no longer mattered. Oh and for the record, I'm half yankee, half southern and I do know how to spell y'all even though I don't say it much. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles
10 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

My personal favorite derp that has happened in Aegis so far this week was when I was running it with Ryujo. I had a Farragut decide that he needed to escort my carrier the entire match, despite my setting a preplanned course that keeps my ship as close to the action as possible for speed of squadron travel, but safely out of detection range until possibly the very end. I've run this way several times and only once ever been fired upon, and like I said, it was at the very end when it no longer mattered. Oh and for the record, I'm half yankee, half southern and I do know how to spell y'all even though I don't say it much. 

yup drove my Ryujo close...and have not been targeted, but then again when half the team runs away in the opposite direction...:Smile_facepalm:

so wot would you call that?  Southern-Yank? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
908
[NMKJT]
Members
3,443 posts
59 minutes ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

First, it's neither yall nor ya'll; if you're going to correct somebody else, it's a good idea to be right. The word is a contraction for you all, so it's y'all, with the apostrophe indicating where letters were omitted. Note that Yankees think this is a plural term, but it can be either singular or plural depending on context. If you need to emphasize that it's really a group then you use "all y'all"

Here endeth the Southern lesson for the day.

Bless your heart

 

Jk

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
402 posts
4,273 battles
8 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

yup drove my Ryujo close...and have not been targeted, but then again when half the team runs away in the opposite direction...:Smile_facepalm:

so wot would you call that?  Southern-Yank? 

I'm fine with half-breed personally. One side of me is already made of most of Europe thrown into a blender and left on for 15 minutes. And people say white people are not diverse.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
597
[1STBG]
Members
1,163 posts
4,993 battles
1 hour ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Reported for excessive use of "yall", reported a second time for not spelling "ya'll" correctly

 

image.jpg

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles
1 minute ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

I'm fine with half-breed personally. One side of me is already made of most of Europe thrown into a blender and left on for 15 minutes. And people say white people are not diverse.

i hear you...i'm mixed Asian....got some Australian in the pot too(which would explain why my mom has a little European blood in her).  :Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
118
[ICOP]
Members
145 posts
7,464 battles
1 hour ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

First, it's neither yall nor ya'll; if you're going to correct somebody else, it's a good idea to be right. The word is a contraction for you all, so it's y'all, with the apostrophe indicating where letters were omitted. Note that Yankees think this is a plural term, but it can be either singular or plural depending on context. If you need to emphasize that it's really a group then you use "all y'all"

Here endeth the Southern lesson for the day.

Close, but not exactly.  The plural is "all y'all".  Any southern gentleman knows that.  :)

My frustration in Aegis is when the BBs follow the transports to the base and do not engage the enemy BBs at the end of the match.  Can you say '4 stars' and 'frustrated'?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles
1 minute ago, Joe_918145 said:

Close, but not exactly.  The plural is "all y'all".  Any southern gentleman knows that.  :)

My frustration in Aegis is when the BBs follow the transports to the base and do not engage the enemy BBs at the end of the match.  Can you say '4 stars' and 'frustrated'?

 

yeah, i notice that too!  

the 3 BBs that need to be destroyed at the end are pretty tough...so need them BBs to knock out some of them HP.  i get that some can use range ....but when they are on east side hiding in them island or far west trying to see if they can catch waves in Calf...or south at the border eating tacos...thats not helping, huh...lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
340
[WOLFC]
Members
772 posts
7,370 battles
32 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

... so wot would you call that?  Southern-Yank? 

I'm from the Texas Third Coast ... the wife is from the Fort Worth area.  I sometimes jokingly refer to her as my "Yankee Bride".

Yeah, I have the bruises to prove it ... :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

I'm from the Texas Third Coast ... the wife is from the Fort Worth area.  I sometimes jokingly refer to her as my "Yankee Bride".

Yeah, I have the bruises to prove it ... :Smile_veryhappy:

:Smile_amazed: you actually called her that?! ....

"all forces! concentrate fire on the designated target!" lol :cap_rambo: God be with you my child...lol 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,608
[KSE]
Members
7,741 posts
8,075 battles
1 hour ago, WuYixiang said:

Except it's an informal contraction of "you all" and should therefore be spelled "y'all".

Except I was clearly joking around, and I'd have thought that folks realized that I didn't spell it correctly myself on purpose.

 

I suppose I would have thought wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×