Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

WW2 BC FOUND

20 comments in this topic

[TRG]
Members
219 posts
13,097 battles

GUYS, FOR THOSE INTERESTED JUST SAW IN THE NEWS THE WRECK OF THE JAPANESE BATTLECRUISER HIEI HAS BEEN FOUND. SHE IS CAPSIZED BUT IN DECENT CONDITION. SAW IT ON FOX,,COOL PICS

Edited by GSXstage1
misspelling

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,385 posts
4,550 battles

misleading title. It not a BB

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,456 posts
9,384 battles

THIS HAS BEEN POSTED BEFORE PLEASE TRY TO DO A SEARCH BUT THANK YOU FOR THE INFO HEY THANKS MAN!

• Funny 1

[-BMV-]
Members
274 posts
14,638 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

misleading title. It not a BB

Agreed, its CC (Battlecruiser) not BB (Battleship). This kind of mistakes usually annoys me, but i cannot get angry at someone having the avatar of a 1970 Buick GSX. God what a nice beast that is.

Edit: Im an idiot its CC for Batlecruiser not BC.

Edited by Sidelock
  • Funny 1

[TRG]
Members
219 posts
13,097 battles

YEP, I made a mistake using BB instead of BC. Sorry. And I just saw it so I thought I had an exclusive. My Bad guys and Ladies.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
901 posts
7,334 battles

Then why does it have a Battleship icon in game? :Smile_trollface:

[NMKJT]
Members
3,437 posts
8 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

Agreed, its BC (Battlecruiser) not BB (Battleship). This kind of mistakes usually annoys me, but i cannot get angry at someone having the avatar of a 1970 Buick GSX. God what a nice beast that is.

Just normal stuff. In WW2 if an Allied soldier saw a German tank he'd call it a Tiger. Didn't matter what it was.

Same dynamic at work

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles
24 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

Agreed, its BC (Battlecruiser) not BB (Battleship). This kind of mistakes usually annoys me, but i cannot get angry at someone having the avatar of a 1970 Buick GSX. God what a nice beast that is.

No it is not.  The Kongos were rebuilt and reclassified as battleships.  Hiei was sunk as a battleship.

[-K-]
Members
5,751 posts
9,793 battles

Did they know it was Hiei because it had pink camo? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,430 posts
2,075 battles
19 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

No it is not.  The Kongos were rebuilt and reclassified as battleships.  Hiei was sunk as a battleship.

It was not reclassified as a battleship because the Japanese suddenly considered it a battleship - the only reason they were referred to as battleships was because the Japanese removed the battlecruiser category from their registry. 

In terms of their role within the Japanese fleet and the views on their expendability by IJN high command, they were still very much considered as and treated as battlecruisers.

• Cool 1

[TRG]
Members
219 posts
13,097 battles
16 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Did they know it was Hiei because it had pink camo? :Smile_hiding:

lmbo!

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles
4 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

It was not reclassified as a battleship because the Japanese suddenly considered it a battleship - the only reason they were referred to as battleships was because the Japanese removed the battlecruiser category from their registry. 

In terms of their role within the Japanese fleet and the views on their expendability by IJN high command, they were still very much considered as and treated as battlecruisers.

So you she she was classified as a fast battleship by the IJN.  Thanks for agreeing.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles
8 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

So you she she was classified as a fast battleship by the IJN.  Thanks for agreeing.

Man, if you believe every governmental designation verbatim then you are going to love the showers at Auschwitz, and good luck taking the 'F'-117 into combat with another plane too.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles
3 minutes ago, mofton said:

Man, if you believe every governmental designation verbatim then you are going to love the showers at Auschwitz, and good luck taking the 'F'-117 into combat with another plane too.

Then there's no reason to use the term battlecruiser that it originally was called by the same logic.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles
Just now, FlakKnight said:

Then there's no reason to use the term battlecruiser that it originally was called by the same logic.

Quiet imaginary construct 'FlakKnight'!

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles

It was used doctrinally as a fast battleship on the third battleship division before it sank.

It's a battleship.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,430 posts
2,075 battles
4 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

And, as I said before - that was only a function of the deletion of the 'battlecruiser' category, and was inconsequential to any aspects of their operations. They were still very much considered battlecruisers by the IJN.

[PVE]
Members
7,176 posts
12,368 battles
2 hours ago, Sidelock said:

Agreed, its CC (Battlecruiser) not BB (Battleship). This kind of mistakes usually annoys me, but i cannot get angry at someone having the avatar of a 1970 Buick GSX. God what a nice beast that is.

Edit: Im an idiot its CC for Batlecruiser not BC.

Yup those Stage 1 and Stage 2 Buick GS's (1970 versions) were some bad mamajama's. They were the only real competition for the MOPAR HEMI's and actually were slightly faster. You only feared ONE car if you had a HEMI at the drags and that was a 1970 Buick GS S1 or S2. If it was a Stage 1 you thought you had a shot. If it was a Stage 2 you suddenly developed mechanical issues and couldn't race LOL. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Sign in to follow this