Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_no_one_

To all carrier players.

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

200
[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles

Dear Captains,

We've encountered two issues with anti-air defense mechanics after the 0.8.0.1 hotfix:

  • Large damage spikes from AA explosions in tier VIII and above (this is a bug, the damage should increase proportionally with tier);
  • Continuous DPS on several ships/tiers needs further adjusting (mostly toning down slightly);

We're already working on resolving both issues, but to avoid any new mistakes, we will be spending a couple of days double-checking everything and preparing a small update.

We plan to release this hotfix early next week..

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update0801/

 

Well atleast they were quick to understand the problem with the hotfix.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
862
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles

you can all have fun until next week bieBBers and CLaustrophobics. because after that,we soniCVisions will rule again.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
38 posts
3,064 battles

Well that is some good news. I still think that the problem lies with fighter consumable being under powered, and with out CV vs CV game play devolves in to A damage race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FBXGC]
Members
313 posts
2,111 battles

It's almost like their promise to be as quick and efficient with the tweaking after launch is true. I know many were skeptical and the arguments about making the change at all are still valid but I think we can put to bed any arguments over whether or not they are trying to balance this out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
593
[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,504 posts
2,599 battles
3 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

It's almost like their promise to be as quick and efficient with the tweaking after launch is true. I know many were skeptical and the arguments about making the change at all are still valid but I think we can put to bed any arguments over whether or not they are trying to balance this out.

That's because they're sitting on the "Razor's Edge" with this one.
Make carriers too powerful, and they lose half their playerbase.  Make carriers too weak and they lose all their carrier players (and anyone who might fancy being a CV main).

They need to get this right ASAP :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
633
[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,507 posts
11,864 battles

Hotfix for hotfix for hotfix in hotfix thats going will be one interessing month.

Also, what the hell wargame dont test basic stuff like AA build vs cvs before release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
179
[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,552 posts
1,049 battles

Doesn't matter BB still has the best AA stats. If planes can still get through like nothing, than BB mains will make sure to feedback properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[WOSV]
Members
435 posts
2,519 battles

And the see-saw continues...

Let's hope it actually helps properly this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,195 battles

there a lesson that WG need to learn from this....the test server doesn't give them all the data they need.  

and only when it goes live with the whole community messing with the new stuff they see all mess its creating and more and more questions and dissatisfaction coming out of it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
350 posts
4,049 battles

How can you balance something when bots know to turn for torpedoes and your normal bad player doesn’t.  Even if you think it’s balanced you can’t fix stupid. Hence most of the tears on the forums. CV’s were way worse back in the day and we survived. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
227
[-BUI-]
Members
560 posts
2,537 battles
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

Hotfix for hotfix for hotfix in hotfix thats going will be one interessing month.

Also, what the hell wargame dont test basic stuff like AA build vs cvs before release?

Apparently reading the numbers in your own game is too much work, its obviously better to just change the code and not even glance at it after that....

:cap_fainting:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
789
[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles

To bad the Snooze bowl is over...

It would be like the vendors in he stands 

"Hotfix! Get your Hotfix here! It cost a tone it will give you more headaches later, get them  while they're HOT! HOT FIX!

In all seriousness. I want to see CVs stay out of 0.8.0.1 Kreyspy Kream lvl of frusration/disappointments. In both planes shot down AND how much DMG they can do without being to feel like is a struggle.

If a Conqueror can do 200k-300k sitting back and flinging HE salvos. A CV should be able to do the equivalent equally (I do mean ALL cvs of both nations). 

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
633
[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,507 posts
11,864 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

To bad the Snooze bowl is over...

It would be like the vendors in he stands 

"Hotfix! Get your Hotfix here! It cost a tone it will give you more headaches later, get them  while they're HOT! HOT FIX!

In all seriousness. I want to see CVs stay out of 0.8.0.1 Kreyspy Kream lvl of frusration/disappointments. In both planes shot down AND how much DMG they can do without being to feel like is a struggle.

If a Conqueror can do 200k-300k sitting back and flinging HE salvos. A CV should be able to do the equivalent equally (I do mean ALL cvs of both nations). 

Conkekror is also broken.... but the fun fact they never will bother "fix it" because its not a cv.

I think a medium 80~130k dmg for TX is ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[P2W]
Members
126 posts
8,144 battles
1 hour ago, _no_one_ said:

Dear Captains,

We've encountered two issues with anti-air defense mechanics after the 0.8.0.1 hotfix:

  • Large damage spikes from AA explosions in tier VIII and above (this is a bug, the damage should increase proportionally with tier);
  • Continuous DPS on several ships/tiers needs further adjusting (mostly toning down slightly);

We're already working on resolving both issues, but to avoid any new mistakes, we will be spending a couple of days double-checking everything and preparing a small update.

We plan to release this hotfix early next week..

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update0801/

 

Well atleast they were quick to understand the problem with the hotfix.

Perhaps the time to double-check your work is before you release the hotfix. I mean, the claim that you couldn't figure this out in advance might possibly hold for the continuous DPS case (although I doubt it), but given that changing the flak damage was one of the focus areas for this hotfix I would think that checking over the values carefully would be pretty high on the list of things to do.

missed-target.jpg.001.jpg?resize=760,402

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles
17 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

To bad the Snooze bowl is over...

It would be like the vendors in he stands 

"Hotfix! Get your Hotfix here! It cost a tone it will give you more headaches later, get them  while they're HOT! HOT FIX!

In all seriousness. I want to see CVs stay out of 0.8.0.1 Kreyspy Kream lvl of frusration/disappointments. In both planes shot down AND how much DMG they can do without being to feel like is a struggle.

If a Conqueror can do 200k-300k sitting back and flinging HE salvos. A CV should be able to do the equivalent equally (I do mean ALL cvs of both nations). 

LOL +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[-TD-]
Members
88 posts
1,771 battles

Yeah I was about to make a post about T8 ships wiping out entire flight squad in mere seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
610
[LUCK]
Members
1,616 posts
21,616 battles
1 hour ago, _no_one_ said:

Dear Captains,

We've encountered two issues with anti-air defense mechanics after the 0.8.0.1 hotfix:

  • Large damage spikes from AA explosions in tier VIII and above (this is a bug, the damage should increase proportionally with tier);
  • Continuous DPS on several ships/tiers needs further adjusting (mostly toning down slightly);

We're already working on resolving both issues, but to avoid any new mistakes, we will be spending a couple of days double-checking everything and preparing a small update.

We plan to release this hotfix early next week..

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update0801/

 

Well atleast they were quick to understand the problem with the hotfix.

Last week was a nightmare for nonCVs. This week AA appears a tad strong. I hope they find balance and the playerbase swells so I don’t spend 70% of the time uptiered in my T8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,627
[_-_]
Members
1,572 posts
1 hour ago, Halonut24 said:

And the see-saw continues...

Most likely for a long progression of hotfixes and updates. I predict at least a year of kicking and screaming tantrums about sky cancer in general.

Then we get...drum roll please...

image.png.60874806b54be9f854b1aea44476861a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
179
[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,552 posts
1,049 battles

This is annoying this means I need to invest in AA modules and captain skills for the mighty Mo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
305 posts
879 battles
11 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Then we get...drum roll please...

I think you mean DRUM Roll

800px-USS_Drum.jpg

 

(That's USS Drum)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×