You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BarronRichthofen

WTH WG

19 comments in this topic

[DRHS]
Members
300 posts
12,453 battles

So just finished a match in ranked. It was the first time I've ever seen a DRAW in Ranked. The thing I'm WTH about is only the top players on both teams saved a Star. Everyone else lost a star. WTH. at the very least in a draw there should be a neutral outcome no star loss. The enemy did not win, we did not win. There should have been no gain of a star but again there should have been no loss of a star either. this is just wrong WG. We bust our asses to at the very leat not loose a star, but even with a Draw we loose a star and get xp/ silver rewards of a loss. I can live with the latter but with a Draw we should not loose a Star. Ranked it tough enough without having a Draw loose you a star as well.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,881 posts
2,681 battles

Nearly had one last night..I really thought it was coming... we were down one ship and score was tied..  They took  our last BB out with only 3 seconds left and the score was tied as it happened.  I was wondering what the outcome would have been had the clock ran out?.  

[DRHS]
Members
300 posts
12,453 battles

Nowhere in the rules does it state you will loose astar for a Draw..

• The Eleventh Season runs from January 31 till February 26.
  • In order to participate in Ranked Battles you will need to have achieved at least Level 14 in your Service Record.
  • Only Tier IX ships are allowed in these battles.
  • As the Eleventh Season of Ranked Battles lasts only one month, there is total of 18 Ranks, fewer in comparison to the previous season. For simplicity, they have been combined into Leagues: Second, First, and Premier.
  • Battles are held in a "6 vs. 6" format, and team line-ups will be completely equivalent in terms of ship types and tiers.
  • New players of Ranked Battles will start the Season from Rank 18. Those who participated in the Tenth Season of Ranked Battles will get bonus stars, one for each Rank they previously attained.
  • By winning battles, players earn the stars needed to climb the ranking ladder. At the majority of Ranks, a defeat means a lost star.
  • Ranks 18-15, 12, and 1 are irrevocable, and you cannot lose a star for defeat at Ranks 18-17. Be the first on your team in terms of XP earned and keep your hard-earned star even for a lost game.
  • A bonus star is granted for reaching a new Rank between Ranks 18-11.
  • Unique stars are counted to get a Ranked Battles emblem.
  • The flags given for reaching Leagues will be removed from players' accounts when the Season ends.
  • All participants who have reached Rank 15 will receive a commemorative flag for participating in the Season, which will remain in your collection after its end.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,519 posts
10,213 battles
6 minutes ago, BarronRichthofen said:

• In order to participate in Ranked Battles you will need to have achieved at least Level 14 in your Service Record.
  • As the Eleventh Season of Ranked Battles lasts only one month, there is total of 18 Ranks, fewer in comparison to the previous season. For simplicity, they have been combined into Leagues: Second, First, and Premier.
  • Battles are held in a "6 vs. 6" format, and team line-ups will be completely equivalent in terms of ship types and tiers.
  • New players of Ranked Battles will start the Season from Rank 18. Those who participated in the Tenth Season of Ranked Battles will get bonus stars, one for each Rank they previously attained.
  • By winning battles, players earn the stars needed to climb the ranking ladder. At the majority of Ranks, a defeat means a lost star.
  • Ranks 18-15, 12, and 1 are irrevocable, and you cannot lose a star for defeat at Ranks 18-17. Be the first on your team in terms of XP earned and keep your hard-earned star even for a lost game.
  • The flags given for reaching Leagues will be removed from players' accounts when the Season ends.
  • All participants who have reached Rank 15 will receive a commemorative flag for participating in the Season, which will remain in your collection after its end.

A draw is a loss for both teams.

[D12]
Members
1,150 posts
9,064 battles

not as bad as a points draw on a loosing team and because your name starts with later letter of the alphabet you placed second and lose a star :) I think it's fixed now but I've lost quite a few that way :cap_wander:

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,389 battles
13 minutes ago, BarronRichthofen said:

Is a draw a win?

[TRG]
Members
227 posts
13,182 battles

I was involved in a draw last week on Ranked. I was 3rd on the board and did not lose a star. Strange you did. Id send in a ticket and get clarififcation ASAP.

[SALVO]
Members
18,369 posts
18,943 battles
40 minutes ago, BarronRichthofen said:

WG considers draws to be losses and treats them as such.

[DRHS]
Members
300 posts
12,453 battles
34 minutes ago, Citrusss said:

not as bad as a points draw on a loosing team and because your name starts with later letter of the alphabet you placed second and lose a star :) I think it's fixed now but I've lost quite a few that way :cap_wander:

That would suck even worse.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,519 posts
10,213 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Hehe, no

As far as stats are concerned a draw is a loss because it is not a win. I figure that everyone that gets a draw should go out an buy a lottery ticket and if it is in ranked buy two.

[CAST]
Members
1,423 posts
7,924 battles

WG has always classified games as "wins" and "not wins", when it comes to rewards.  It is bad when everyone (except 2) loses on a draw in ranked battles, because ranked has more implications than a regular random battle.

[SALVO]
Members
18,369 posts
18,943 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

Hehe, no

It is as far as WG's concerned.  So, yes.

[WORX]
Members
2,572 posts
13,955 battles
2 hours ago, BarronRichthofen said:

As other have pointed out. A draw is a loss for both teams, no matter the game mode... Rank has the top EXP earners will not lose their star.  The rules have not changed in that regard.

IMO its fair, its how it should be done.  A draw in boxing doesn't reward the challenger with the belts. The Champions doesn;t in turn lose the belts. The only winners are the spectators and the combatants. 

A draw should not be rewarded, but it should be commended for the best outcome from what I guess was one heck of a Ranked match.

Edited by Navalpride33

[DRHS]
Members
300 posts
12,453 battles
On 2/8/2019 at 2:32 PM, Navalpride33 said:

As other have pointed out. A draw is a loss for both teams, no matter the game mode... Rank has the top EXP earners will not lose their star.  The rules have not changed in that regard.

IMO its fair, its how it should be done.  A draw in boxing doesn't reward the challenger with the belts. The Champions doesn;t in turn lose the belts. The only winners are the spectators and the combatants. 

A draw should not be rewarded, but it should be commended for the best outcome from what I guess was one heck of a Ranked match.

Bad annology, boxing only has 2 competetors. A soccer match, footbal game or some other team sport would be better but I can think of no team sport where a draw would result in the "MVP" getting a draw and the rest of the team getting a loss. WG wants a team game and individual game as well. IMO you can have it both ways. I'm all for the MVP not loosing a star in a defeat but when it's a draw I call a Technical Foul on Wargaming.

[WORX]
Members
2,572 posts
13,955 battles
3 minutes ago, BarronRichthofen said:

but I can think of no team sport where a draw would result in the "MVP" getting a draw and the rest of the team getting a loss. WG wants a team game and individual game as well. IMO you can have it both ways. I'm all for the MVP not loosing a star in a defeat but when it's a draw I call a Technical Foul on Wargaming.

????:cap_wander:

[A-I-M]
Members
1,168 posts
15,162 battles
On 2/8/2019 at 1:08 PM, BrushWolf said:

A draw is a loss for both teams.

I have experienced this in a past season.