You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

CV attrition battle

6 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,217 posts
13,845 battles

Has anyone considered the tactic of baiting the enemy CV to cause it to launch its fighter, then going off and attacking something else?  Do this with consecutive sorties until the CV is out of fighters, then go all in to kill the CV?  Not sure of its viability as it might take too much time.  Just wondered if anyone thought about doing this and looked at the numbers...time...sorties required...net benefit.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Members
55 posts
2,934 battles

The CVs fighter squad lasts like 7 or 8 minutes and they have like 3 or 4 of them so it's a waste of time to do that. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,023 posts
7,968 battles

on PTS I would do this, bait and wait, but on the live server, defensive fighters appear to do less dmg,/are less effective as long as I don't loiter too long. So I just dive, make my attack run, and f recall.

[SCREW]
Members
583 posts
5,932 battles
51 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Has anyone considered the tactic of baiting the enemy CV to cause it to launch its fighter, then going off and attacking something else?  Do this with consecutive sorties until the CV is out of fighters, then go all in to kill the CV?

No need, the fighters are more flash than substance tbh...

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,881 posts
2,681 battles
1 minute ago, Sethanas said:

No need, the fighters are more flash than substance tbh...

Pretty much this.   However the AA on most of them is amply effective for defensive purposes.  Add to that limited flooding & fires.    Tough task to remove a CV via air.   

[OPG]
Supertester
2,033 posts
11,367 battles

What has been stated already is true.  The CV has too many and they last too long for this to work, in the end they dont really matter anyway, but ultimately the CV takes so long to kill by air it is pointless to try.