Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S842

Here is the solution to the last patch mess

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

62
Members
201 posts
16,908 battles

The solution is to go back to the previous version, and then to carefully test and retest BEFORE they implement changes in a future patch.  Sure, the game had its problems before, but this latest patch has created a ground swell of discontentment in the player base, created an entirely different game, and hot fixes (there will be more) that inadequately try to paint over problems.  Plus, it is nice that WarGaming will let us reset all our Commanders for free, but this is actually an admission that they are dumping the problems they created on us and saying, "now you go fix the mess we created with your Commander skills as best you can".  If you have a lot of ships in port, going through every Commander is a lot of time that I don't have before this offer expires.

Lastly, I was watching Flamu's Montana video this morning (just out) and at 5:36 he mentions how testers told Wargaming that rockets would make DD's a disappearing class, but they did not listen and released without changes.  It is irrelevant if the Hot Fix fixed this.  The point is really that WarGaming is not testing adequately -  they either stubbornly resist making changes, or recklessly disregard potential problems before releasing a software revision.  This is damning evidence of poor development.

I would just like to say that I am NOT against change, but when you see the player base so up in arms, one has ask if taking a step back before resuming forward is not the best plan.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
848
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,389 battles

@S842 I refer you to the spending intentions poll and my dissertation in it.

@S842 I am referring you to have a look at that thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
460
[H_]
Members
1,209 posts

Carrier were the strategic weapons of their era....  It is right, that WG include them seriously....  Of course, the root cause is that our hosts took carriers as tactical weapons and that was they worst mistake they could have made...  Look, BB's influence the battle space out to 30Km.   Carrier influence the battle space beyond 100 Km's....   Ah, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the problems here:  maps are too small for carriers !!!

I'm not sure if our host actually cared enough to start with and that only adds problems.....  Carriers from day one were wrongly applied weapons.....  They never operated alone and this is a cooperative FPS !!!  Geeze guys....

Adding unlimited aircraft onto congested maps was out right juvenile and the testers of this patch.........well, either "got it" and realized that it would be a meta swing we've never seen before or were clueless??  Again, not rocket science to see that strategic weapons with weapons effectiveness 5x that of a BB could and would create a nightmare.  

But, here we are....  I'm not going to re post my suggestions yet again.   The root cause is map size...........  Build strategic sized maps and DD's will have a role again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
Members
201 posts
16,908 battles
23 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@S842 I refer you to the spending intentions poll and my dissertation in it.

I would have read your poll, but this is a link to ME, not your poll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[SCREW]
Members
583 posts
5,932 battles
1 hour ago, S842 said:

The solution is to go back to the previous version, and then to carefully test and retest BEFORE they implement changes in a future patch.  Sure, the game had its problems before, but this latest patch has created a ground swell of discontentment in the player base, created an entirely different game, and hot fixes (there will be more) that inadequately try to paint over problems.  Plus, it is nice that WarGaming will let us reset all our Commanders for free, but this is actually an admission that they are dumping the problems they created on us and saying, "now you go fix the mess we created with your Commander skills as best you can".  If you have a lot of ships in port, going through every Commander is a lot of time that I don't have before this offer expires.

Lastly, I was watching Flamu's Montana video this morning (just out) and at 5:36 he mentions how testers told Wargaming that rockets would make DD's a disappearing class, but they did not listen and released without changes.  It is irrelevant if the Hot Fix fixed this.  The point is really that WarGaming is not testing adequately -  they either stubbornly resist making changes, or recklessly disregard potential problems before releasing a software revision.  This is damning evidence of poor development.

I would just like to say that I am NOT against change, but when you see the player base so up in arms, one has ask if taking a step back before resuming forward is not the best plan.

 

You don't succeed by moving backwards.

I just went threw and reset all my commanders (well over 100 of em) you can leave them un-specced and just set em up as needed.

I'm still doing above my average damage in DDs, if you have smoke I really don't see how CVs are a problem, if anything they're WAY less dangerous than they used to be. Sure it's annoying to be dunked by wave after wave of rocket planes, but back in the day you were instead subjected to a torpedo dodging mini-game every few minutes on the off chance that they didn't delete you on the first pass...

Playerbase would be up in arms if wargaming made the sky blue..... oh.... wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
Members
201 posts
16,908 battles
6 minutes ago, Sethanas said:

You don't succeed by moving backwards.

I just went threw and reset all my commanders (well over 100 of em) you can leave them un-specced and just set em up as needed.

I'm still doing above my average damage in DDs, if you have smoke I really don't see how CVs are a problem, if anything they're WAY less dangerous than they used to be. Sure it's annoying to be dunked by wave after wave of rocket planes, but back in the day you were instead subjected to a torpedo dodging mini-game every few minutes on the off chance that they didn't delete you on the first pass...

Playerbase would be up in arms if wargaming made the sky blue..... oh.... wait...

through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[KRAK]
Members
1,998 posts
14,613 battles
1 hour ago, S842 said:

The solution is to go back to the previous version, and then to carefully test and retest BEFORE they implement changes in a future patch.  Sure, the game had its problems before, but this latest patch has created a ground swell of discontentment in the player base, created an entirely different game, and hot fixes (there will be more) that inadequately try to paint over problems.  Plus, it is nice that WarGaming will let us reset all our Commanders for free, but this is actually an admission that they are dumping the problems they created on us and saying, "now you go fix the mess we created with your Commander skills as best you can".  If you have a lot of ships in port, going through every Commander is a lot of time that I don't have before this offer expires.

Lastly, I was watching Flamu's Montana video this morning (just out) and at 5:36 he mentions how testers told Wargaming that rockets would make DD's a disappearing class, but they did not listen and released without changes.  It is irrelevant if the Hot Fix fixed this.  The point is really that WarGaming is not testing adequately -  they either stubbornly resist making changes, or recklessly disregard potential problems before releasing a software revision.  This is damning evidence of poor development.

I would just like to say that I am NOT against change, but when you see the player base so up in arms, one has ask if taking a step back before resuming forward is not the best plan.

 

Flamu was wrong. DDs are not disappearing at all. Most matches have 3 or more per side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
Members
201 posts
16,908 battles
26 minutes ago, Sethanas said:

You don't succeed by moving backwards.

I just went threw and reset all my commanders (well over 100 of em) you can leave them un-specced and just set em up as needed.

I'm still doing above my average damage in DDs, if you have smoke I really don't see how CVs are a problem, if anything they're WAY less dangerous than they used to be. Sure it's annoying to be dunked by wave after wave of rocket planes, but back in the day you were instead subjected to a torpedo dodging mini-game every few minutes on the off chance that they didn't delete you on the first pass...

Playerbase would be up in arms if wargaming made the sky blue..... oh.... wait...

Well, that is if you believe this was a step forwards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[SCREW]
Members
583 posts
5,932 battles
22 hours ago, S842 said:

Well, that is if you believe this was a step forwards...

I do believe that, CVs have been in a messed up state from the start, any change is a good change after this long. Frankly with a few more balance passes the game will be in a much better place than it was last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,968 posts
6,687 battles

The discontent is mainly by folks who do not want to change and those who did not understand - even after the Devs said they knew they would have to make additional changes - that future changes WERE going to be done.  They tested as much as they could - they needed to get more people doing what people do - play against other people and do different things.   Nothing beats live testing with the end players - QA and Alpha can't get close with a system as complicated as this game.  The Devs announced they were going to make changes and people did not listen or knowingly ignored it.

Just in case you missed it again - they will continue to make changes to the balance.  There is ZERO way to go live from any amount of testing and have 'balance'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FSA2]
[FSA2]
Members
10 posts
1,447 battles
On 2/9/2019 at 10:10 AM, CylonRed said:

The discontent is mainly by folks who do not want to change and those who did not understand - even after the Devs said they knew they would have to make additional changes - that future changes WERE going to be done.  They tested as much as they could - they needed to get more people doing what people do - play against other people and do different things.   Nothing beats live testing with the end players - QA and Alpha can't get close with a system as complicated as this game.  The Devs announced they were going to make changes and people did not listen or knowingly ignored it.

Just in case you missed it again - they will continue to make changes to the balance.  There is ZERO way to go live from any amount of testing and have 'balance'.

I couldn't agree more. They will dial things in soon enough. Until then we all either need to be patient or find something else to do with our time for now. Take a break and come on back. It is a game and is intended for entertainment purposes after all. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×