Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JustinOldDude

Disapearing ship nonsense

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
169 posts

Why is it that A Bot ship randomly disappears from view? Don't start with the detection range and smoke issue I am fully aware of that. I was flying torp bombers

going to attack a French Courbet with a detection range of 15.8 Km and I was about 6 km away and it disappears right in front of me. This [edited] has been going on for more than the 2 plus years I have played this game. WG fix this nonsense!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
180 posts
2,725 battles

OP, you seriously missed that whole Dev blog? See the wiki section "Legendary Module: Cloaking Device"

IMG_5509_zpsnxsye2yo.jpg.56000bc15acf7f676b781c3e8e9cadcb.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,300
Members
20,840 posts
5,617 battles
20 minutes ago, JustinOldDude said:

Why is it that A Bot ship randomly disappears from view? Don't start with the detection range and smoke issue I am fully aware of that. I was flying torp bombers

going to attack a French Courbet with a detection range of 15.8 Km and I was about 6 km away and it disappears right in front of me. This [edited] has been going on for more than the 2 plus years I have played this game. WG fix this nonsense!

Bug Reporting is a different section, this is General Discussion....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,891 posts
10,762 battles
11 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Bug Reporting is a different section, this is General Discussion....

This is also "cant-be-out-played-must-be-cheat" section.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,300
Members
20,840 posts
5,617 battles
7 minutes ago, chewonit said:

This is also "cant-be-out-played-must-be-cheat" section.

I wonder if an island had anything to do with it.

I've been ready to pop up over an island with DBs, to hit a ship on the other side, and have to reacquire it, because my planes didn't have LoS, and the DD spotting my target smoked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
169 posts
On 2/8/2019 at 10:32 AM, Skpstr said:

Bug Reporting is a different section, this is General Discussion....

I did report it twice and still nothing gets done.

Edited by JustinOldDude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,300
Members
20,840 posts
5,617 battles
37 minutes ago, JustinOldDude said:

I did report it twice and still nothing gets done.

Best thing is always have a replay.

Not so that you can say, "Hah! Told ya!" but so we can say "Hmmmm..... ok, ok, that's it, that's what happened".

Even just watch the replay yourself. View from different angles and such. If you know the game mechanics, 9 times out of 10 you'll figure it out. If not, then post it, and somebody will figure it out.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,238
[SYN]
Members
14,871 posts
11,351 battles

If I had to guess, the game settings you have causes a more detailed ship model to render inside of 6km and your PC couldn't load the model in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,665
[PSP]
Members
8,056 posts
On 2/8/2019 at 9:52 AM, Skpstr said:

I wonder if an island had anything to do with it.

I've been ready to pop up over an island with DBs, to hit a ship on the other side, and have to reacquire it, because my planes didn't have LoS, and the DD spotting my target smoked up.

This.

The Wiki on detection is outdated and needs to be corrected with new information relevant to the rework. It has been my experience that a CV's planes can no longer be spotted nor spot through islands.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531
[SIMP]
Members
1,132 posts

I'm with the Op in this.

So freaking annoying to line up on a bot, and it just fades out.

So start re-aiming guns to another target... it fades back in. Move guns back... it fades out. It's complete B S and literal crap coding. Fix it WG.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
805
[ARGSY]
Members
1,714 posts
10,082 battles
4 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

I'm with the Op in this.

So freaking annoying to line up on a bot, and it just fades out.

So start re-aiming guns to another target... it fades back in. Move guns back... it fades out. It's complete B S and literal crap coding. Fix it WG.

It's still there, you just cant always see it. 

I feel like you would be loads of fun to play "peek-a-boo" with. Now that my kids are all over 4 years old, I have no one to laugh at my face hiding antics...

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[FLEE]
Members
2,173 posts
4,949 battles
On 2/9/2019 at 2:32 AM, Skpstr said:

Bug Reporting is a different section, this is General Discussion....

Well, in that case, every bloody post about the changes since 0.8.0 should be off in the bug-reporting room, n'est-ce pas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,300
Members
20,840 posts
5,617 battles
1 hour ago, JervisBay said:

Well, in that case, every bloody post about the changes since 0.8.0 should be off in the bug-reporting room, n'est-ce pas?

Mais oui, mon ami!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×