You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

Spending intentions poll

Spending and purchase intentions  

564 members have voted

1. 1. How do recent and proposed changes to the game affect your future spending plans?

• they make me want to spend more money on WOWS
    • they make me want to spend less money on WOWS
    • they make zero difference to my intentions
  2. 4. When will you next make a purchase of virtual goods, in WOWS?

• Today
    • This month
    • Sometime in the next 6 months
    • I don't know
    • Never
  3. 5. Which aspect of WOWS affects your spending intentions the most?

• Gameplay balance
    • Premium shop special offers
    • Future and currently available premium ships
    • Community activities (clan/ranked battles, for example)
    • None of the above (detail in reply to the topic if possible)

223 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,959 posts
7,946 battles

Simple question, simple answer. 

You may express the detailed reasons for your vote below. 

sister poll here : https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/183706-playing-intentions-poll/?

comrade in arms poll here : https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/183807-battle-mode-poll/

Edited by LoveBote
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[INTEL]
Members
9,241 posts
26,899 battles

I am not spending another cent here until the presence of CVs is curtailed to at least the level of before 0.8.0. I am not spending money to be an XP pinata for a game mechanic that doesn't even belong in WOWs. 

• Cool 11
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 4

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles

I'm not going to spend money anytime soon. I dont like this patch and i dont have good expectations for the near future. And if WG goes trough with the nerf to GC improbably not going to buy premium ships anymore. 

• Cool 3

[IXM]
Members
189 posts
1,738 battles

Even if I were to ever spend a dime on this game, which I never was, I definitely am not with the way this game is balanced now. 'Balance' is not what I'd call it either. So many players are upset about how things are now, WG will have to keep changing things. Personally, I think there's no way to balance CVs and they should just be removed.

• Cool 4

[WOLFB]
Members
326 posts

I actually think that, in the long term view, we'll end up in exactly the place we were in 6 or 8 months ago. I think this whole thing is a gigantic waste of time. It's playable, but it's a waste. Until it settles out, I'm not spending anything more. And if, two months down the road, it hasn't settled out sufficiently, then I'll probably just go. But as of today, I'm still moderately hopeful.

• Cool 3

Members
631 posts
11 battles

I've spent a lot. I have never been ship buyer, but I do like captains XP, so I buy the boxes that drop the extra strong economic and xp flags... I also go ham on xmas crates....just get the goodies and ship drops. As long as I continue to play I will purchase items that help me generate captains xp as well as free xp.

• Cool 3

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
433 posts
11,135 battles

I know we just got the first of a likely series of patches to fix cvocalypse, but I'll reserve judgement on the final product once it's done. Until then I'm not playing randoms, which is a shame but it's not worth the aggravation. I am hopeful that War Gaming has heard the community's displeasure with their uptiering of the Stromboli of Doom and will not move forward in that regard. If they do then there's really no reason to buy any more premium ships.

• Cool 3

[H_]
Members
1,209 posts

To be honest, I'm going to have to pay to get my PC fixed: registry cleaned and operating software re-installed after 8.0...... ..

No.  Not a cent.  And, I'm not sure I'd recommend any of the current "World of" games to mature players looking for something non-arcade where groups can gather to have fun as a group....  Sorry.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TDD]
Members
1,012 posts
8,219 battles

I learned my lesson with WG it's free to play I will play when i feel like it nothing they say or do will make me spend another dime here. period

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,912 posts
5,442 battles

When I bought ships last year, I had definite intentions for the role of every ship in my fleet. I know what I wanted, and why I wanted it.

There are enough premium ships in the game that not all of them are going to fit my particular requirements.

Right now I am looking at buying two already-announced ships this year: Exeter and possibly Leone. If last year's special on Warships premium time comes back up at Christmas, I will buy that as well. 

If I get to the Daring this year, I will pay for the doubloons necessary to acquire her permacamo.

There is nothing else right now that really grabs my attention. Maybe if there is another dirt-cheap sale later this year. 

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,799 posts
6,089 battles

It is my view we see a lot of emotion in these polls & once the dust has settled most will be spending as usual.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,862 posts
2,628 battles

I am primed to Purchase my first Premium CV....  Farming salt & tears of surface ship owners.   It will be glorious.   Well probably not due to on going nerfs via hotfixes to balance forum rage.    

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[CSALT]
Members
492 posts

IRT #5, what will influence my spending the most?  Am I having fun or not.  It is that simple.  More fun = more willing to spend $.

• Cool 6

[WDS]
Members
1,032 posts
7,707 battles
27 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I am not spending another cent here until the presence of CVs is curtailed to at least the level of before 0.8.0. I am not spending money to be an XP pinata for a game mechanic that doesn't even belong in WOWs. 

I played last night in the Massachusetts and I had a game with no CVs a bunch with only one CV so maybe its calming down . If I want something and I have enough money left over after paying bills I'm buying it .

• Cool 2

Members
279 posts
3,196 battles
1 minute ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

IRT #5, what will influence my spending the most?  Am I having fun or not.  It is that simple.  More fun = more willing to spend $.

This, definitely! 

The other issue is trust, if they reverse their position and begin to "balance" premium ships, why would anyone ever buy one, except as a collectors item.

The last time I got caught up in the "balance" of a ship was when the American cruisers split.  What they did to the Pensacola in the name of "balance" was a crime.  Admittedly they did do better on most of the other ships, but that one was mangled after the change.  It's an example of how far wrong the re-tiering process can go.

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
882 posts

I don't play randoms anymore - the recent changes don't effect my spending and I don't give 2 shites about CV gameplay, therefore:

I'll buy Wichita and probably Exeter - but who knows when they are coming out.

Eventually will get Vanguard, but want to see if I can earn her in the Air Supply Containers in 0.8.1 first.

If they nerf them, will make a decision then.

• Bad 1

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
18 posts
4,260 battles

I think people hate change more than anything else.  I think the CVs are fun and I can actually take them into random fights.  Maybe I’ve gotten lucky when playing on the water but when I’ve been attacked I got plane kills and when damage didn’t seem that excessive.  So for me the game has gotten better, with the understanding they will find issues we expose and hotfix them.  So with that said, my spending is mostly the same. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[REEF]
[REEF]
Beta Testers
689 posts
8,619 battles
17 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

This is an excellent response in my opinion and fits me as well.  If I'm not having fun I won't be playing much or not at all and won't be spending.  If I'm having fun then I will play more and spend money.

• Cool 2

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,072 battles

As someone who has spent far more than I'd care to know on this game I'm done if they really are looking at moving premium ships around tiers. That breaks the faith enough that I'm done.

• Cool 6

Members
20 posts
4,898 battles

IRT #5, what will influence my spending the most?

I am a wallet whale.  I spend a LOT per year on WOWS.  Mostly in the form of premium time, containers for flags + ships, premium boats for their play style and specific tier that they are in.  I can say that I will not buy another premium using real money if they go ahead with their GC changes.  If they want to change it and up-tier it, then freeze the original at t5 and release the "fixed boat" as GC B or some other name.  It was bad enough they moved Saipan to t8.  I can give them a pass since it was a Global change to CVs and not just a fix to one boat.

I will most likely still purchase premium time, but I will wait and see on that after my 380 days run out. 

• Cool 4

Members
245 posts
4,477 battles
22 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I learned my lesson with WG it's free to play I will play when i feel like it nothing they say or do will make me spend another dime here. period

I'm similar, but...

1) I never expected to spend anything. 

2) My budget for spending was always what I might spend on a game like Battlefield 4, COD, or GTA. That is only what the upfront cost is (about $70).

3) that said...  premium time was never something I bought.  Just some ships & crates. 

Effects of this decision are: 

1) I don't play high tiers. Too expensive.  Massive F2P penalty. 

2) I've become #1 potato cause I don't play much.  Real life is way more interesting. 

3) I always remember that loot boxes are gambling. Which is cool if you're into gambling. 

• Cool 2

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
18 posts
4,260 battles
1 minute ago, LubzinNJ said:

As someone who has spent far more than I'd care to know on this game I'm done if they really are looking at moving premium ships around tiers. That breaks the faith enough that I'm done.

I believe they said you would get a refund for the ship if they do it.  They allow us to know what they are thinking and people freak out.  The change isn’t live and if it is you’ll be refunded.  They will stop telling us anything if we keep it up.  The best thing for the game long term is balance/ not OP ships.

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
16 posts
8,360 battles

My favorite ships that I have spent the most money on keep getting nerfed through mechanics changes while the ones I would generally go to for the easy wins keep getting buffed.  We have ships like Missouri when at 3/4 health that can’t even swing arround and bring guns to bear on a Hargumo that pops up 8 k out then when firing at a stationary in smoke broadside dd it can’t hit it!  Didn’t even get a second round off before it melted off the 3/4 hp pool health bar. These are point blank shots with the worst dispersion I’ve ever seen.  I can spec a boat so no it’s not my modules.  I used to be able to defend myself from a dd and it could honestly be give or take who’d win, now I just run, he loaded fire 12 guns or 9 and 1 round hits a module for zero damage,  the rest land in 7 different time zones. Cruisers no longer have a midship citidel, battleships as well for that matter.  If my shots are not being rendered going under the turrets I over pen everything.  Even sent tickets in as to that effect.  “Working as intended”.   The new CV rework... if the rest of the game worked as well as it did about 13 months ago I’d be playing and putting up with that mess, it’s not, I was frustrated with game play long before cv play thing hit.

Edited by Harley_Quinn1
Grammar
  • Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,505 posts
13,624 battles

It's all about the "fun factor". I'll spend the cash for the entertainment value. I fully expect CV's will be balanced. WG has said that 8.0 is still part of testing to balance them. They'll get it done and not everyone will agree or be happy, others will be excited, when they announce they are finished balancing.

Good job, WG. Keep at it and make it right.

• Cool 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,072 battles
1 minute ago, Pipps13 said:

I believe they said you would get a refund for the ship if they do it.  They allow us to know what they are thinking and people freak out.  The change isn’t live and if it is you’ll be refunded.  They will stop telling us anything if we keep it up.  The best thing for the game long term is balance/ not OP ships.

Refund in doubloons not the money people paid for the ship.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1