TheURLGuy

How It Works: AA Defenses, Fighters, and Aircraft

19 comments in this topic

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,908 posts
2,281 battles

I would have waited on that until you got the AA buffs all sorted out. 400% jump in damage between Tier 7 and 8. Bottom tiered carriers struggling against +2 tiered ships' AA.

[DENY]
[DENY]
Beta Testers
241 posts
10,168 battles
24 minutes ago, TheURLGuy said:

We continue our series of video tutorials dedicated to the new aircraft carrier game play.

Read it on the portal

I know I've asked this question at least six times this week and I'll continue to ask this question until one of the developers or administrators finally come out and explain to us why this will not work.

limit of +1 -1 to CV's should also help quite a bit with balancing AA damage. Because trying to balance T8 CV with the AA of a T6 and T10 just doesn't make sense to anyone and how it can make sense to you is beyond me. But now if you balance a T8 CV with the AA of a T7 and T9 that seems to make a little more sense. And now T8 ships don't have to worried about being balanced to deal with T10 CV. And you don't have to balance T6 ships to T8 CV's, and your T6 CV's don't have to be balanced to T8 ships. 

And like I've already stated I don't need a battle to pop within 20 seconds of me getting into Q, I'm sure players would be fine with slightly longer Q time's for better matchmaking.

[WARHK]
[WARHK]
Members
85 posts
4,012 battles

Removed half of the carriers...why?  Seems these tier gaps are easier balanced when they aren't so huge.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,414 posts
4,288 battles

Not to bash the work that is done, but I see little point for something that may well change in a week or two.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
57 posts
14,624 battles

CV rework is the worst update by WG, ever. Your game was more fun to play when it featured gun based ships. Now, the WHOLE game is just about dodging continuous air attacks. Your CV rework has made WoW a carrier dominant/focused game and it is frustrating and un-enjoyable to play. I don't play this game to keep you in business I played it because it was fun. Go back to the old CV/AA rules and just eliminate strafing, limit the number of squadrons in the air at one time to 3, and only put in 1 CV per team, max.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,002 posts
432 battles
57 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Not to bash the work that is done, but I see little point for something that may well change in a week or two.

Do you believe this will be fundamentally different?

[TDD]
Members
1,015 posts
8,219 battles

the only thing the cv rework has done is reinforce that the CVs need to be removed totally from the game

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,414 posts
4,288 battles
11 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Do you believe this will be fundamentally different?

At the moment I sincerely have no idea and am not sure of anything :Smile_hiding:.

[KILL]
Beta Testers
7 posts
22,236 battles

CV STILL SUCK anyone know of a game that plays like the old wow?????

• Cool 1

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
3 posts
12,314 battles

So is it going to be World of Ships vs. Aircraft? The game mechanics changed so drastically, maybe adding to Captain Skills will offset the CV buffs? I liked World of Warships as was, good CV operators were like gods and very capable of ruining your day. Now it seems it takes very little skill to cause havoc, deny the occupation and taking of key areas is simple. You should have talked to the developers of WoT about buffing one type of vessel over all others. For WoT it was artillery  (the equal of CV in WoS).  I can and have adapted to the changes, giving up skills and perks to allow defence against surface ships for anti-aircraft fire which can be offset by the CV skills and perks. Catch 22. The game  has changed and based on in-game comments, many are not happy with the new one. The constant spotting by air (outside of AA rangeability) needs a fix. Longer smoke duration and smoke for all surface ships to allow taking of key areas and or limit CV to one per game. The seemingly endless supply of aircraft is frustrating. Also, to provide for the credit losses, especially for tier 8 through 10, increase the credits for damaging planes? Too convoluted, maybe I should just play another game for a while. As far as choosing a CV to play, it requires too many keys for my controller and I cannot type therefore I gave that up the first year.  Maybe sticking to the playing lower tier ships will solve the problems for me, but this limits my development of my upper tier ships. Good luck with whatever you do the graphics are outstanding.

[B_O_W]
Members
344 posts
6,078 battles

When my Mac client does not crash in a pvp match (which is very rare), my US cruisers do a good job against aircraft.  But when I use a DD, I become their focus, making the DD class useless.  BB's (and CV's) must have a good AA build cruiser close to protect them, so that CL/CA is then not involved in going after DD's as their priority.  The AA changes have made managing the AA effort a more important aspect (skill effort) of the game than sinking ships.

Instead of improving CV game play and blending it in to current game play, it has drastically changed all aspects of game play for all ship classes and tiers.  I am not amused.

Members
2,665 posts
3,637 battles
5 hours ago, nina_blain_73 said:

the only thing the cv rework has done is reinforce that the CVs need to be removed totally from the game

I'm a massive defender of CVs... and I upvoted this. 

I feel dirty.

I still believe CVs can be fixed and balanced, I just dont think WG will ever pull it off.

• Bad 1

Members
126 posts
3,534 battles

The chances of WG removing CVs from the game are about as equal as the chances of them removing SPGs from WoT

[RSWF]
[RSWF]
Members
3 posts
6,289 battles

I have stopped playing my CV's because I don't find the new system enjoyable. however since this seems a work in progress, I shall reserve judgement on the affects to my enjoyment of the other classes of ship untill the final adjustments are made.

[F1RE]
Members
13 posts
12,184 battles

@Radar_X as a cv main and the second best ryujo player NA and top 5 in the global scale since the rework I am just saying this and hopefully you guys at wows will listen. the update/hotfix was fine I agree with the AA fix. my only complaints are as follows.

1.) Plane hp needs to be adjusted to a bit higher rating not much higher because when you can only get 1 torp run in on a ship it is not fun and defeats the purpose of the rework in my opinion.

2.) Torp planes for all lines should not have the accuracy de-buff while maneuvering, the reason I say this is with the new AA buff you may get a torp off to hit on top of this you come back for another run if lucky and cannot get a good run due to this de-buff, AA will ultimately win out because the pilot has to start a straight run at a longer distance. Yes everything here I have said I have experienced myself what i have stated here would not make planes OP in the current climate please just have the devs try it.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,049 posts
565 battles
On 2/8/2019 at 7:42 AM, XturbohawkX said:

Removed half of the carriers...why?  Seems these tier gaps are easier balanced when they aren't so huge.

At the moment we intend to transition them into second carrier branches of aircraft carriers with alternate game-play styles - another way to influence the battle, a different approach to claiming victory for you and your team, as well as different interactions with allies and enemies. 

This was taken directly from this article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

[WARHK]
[WARHK]
Members
85 posts
4,012 battles
On 2/8/2019 at 3:43 PM, Silisquish said:

The chances of WG removing CVs from the game are about as equal as the chances of them removing SPGs from WoT

100% chance for me. Sold them all. Maybe one day when they are OP I'll go back into the mud.

Members
126 posts
3,534 battles
10 hours ago, iKami said:

At the moment we intend to transition them into second carrier branches of aircraft carriers with alternate game-play styles - another way to influence the battle, a different approach to claiming victory for you and your team, as well as different interactions with allies and enemies. 

This was taken directly from this article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

If the second carrier branch is tier 5-7-9 (with CVLs like Long Island?), does that mean that you will downtier the old T7 CVs like my Kaga? Because I partly bought it because it was a Tier 7 (upper mid-tier with good matchmaking) not a Tier 8.

Edit: oh I see there still won't be any odd-tiered CVs at all.

Edited by Silisquish