You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Currency Announced for Azuma, Yoshino, Neustrashimy

60 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,240 posts
12,499 battles

Info found on reddit. Interesting that Azuma will be FXP. I thought for sure it would be Steel and the DD would be FXP and I got it backwards LOL. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

Also find it interesting that the TX Azuma (Yoshino) will be a Coal ship. I would have thought this one would be Steel too.

Azuma, Yoshino, Neustrashimy (self.WorldOfWarships)

submitted 44 minutes ago by DevBlogWoWs

Dear players,

We’ve received a lot of questions about several work-in-progress ships’ distribution method. Today we’ve made the decision about three of them, and we’re sharing it with you to bring more clarity and avoid any confusion in the future.

• Azuma (IJN cruiser, tier IX, in testing) will be available for Free XP.
  • Yoshino  (IJN cruiser, tier X, modernized Azuma, in development) will be available for Coal.
  • Neustrashimy (Soviet tier IX destroyer, in testing) will be available for Steel.

The release dates for these ships will be published later, in the respective news on the game website.

Thanks for reading, good luck, and fair seas!

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 11

[RKLES]
Members
8,378 posts
10,645 battles

Thank you +1 :Smile_honoring:

Excited the IJN CAs are coal and Free XP instead of steel or cash.

• Cool 3

[FML]
Members
2,143 posts
11,269 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Now the question is which comes out 1st; Alaska or Azuma???

or.... Option C?

:p

I get the feeling that Alaska will, forever, be on the verge of release... only never to be unleashed upon the hungry hordes of WoWS NA players.  The proverbial bright light on the hill, yet always just over the horizon...

For the developers' lolkek.

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
951 posts
4,442 battles
42 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Now the question is which comes out 1st; Alaska or Azuma???

Either is fine.  If they stagger the release that will give me time to get together the other 400k free xp I will need.  :Smile_smile:

+1 for the PSA, Admiral.  :Smile_medal:

Members
2,844 posts
3,092 battles

Well that dashes my plan to earn the Neustrashimy anytime soon. Maybe for the best. 

Members
402 posts
4,273 battles

Woot! The two 'super cruisers' that I most want to have and they not only are for currencies I can get (being a non-competitive player that is so far happy being clanless), but I can likely already spare the coal and convert the part of the roughly 6 million XP I have stored in my IJN/Axis fleet. Not sure what I'll end up doing when Alaska comes out, my US/Allies account is dirt poor compared to my IJN/Axis one, that should give you some idea what nations I've ended up preferring. What I'd give to be able to merge my accounts, so that I would have an easier time keeping them both funded. That's what I get for my dumb mistake when I first signed up.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,052 posts
10,177 battles

Neustrashimy looks pretty unimpressive from what I’ve seen. So no loss there. 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,118 posts
5,524 battles
1 hour ago, Excuse_Maker said:

Good Bye Alaska, Good bye Jean Bart

Don't you mean goodbye Salem?

The Tier X Japanese heavy, for coal, will IMO likely sit alongside Salem for a while and then replace her; compare Coal Musashi and Jean Bart, which were both available until the end of 0.7.12 when Musashi disappeared.  When? Who knows? But Salem came out mid 2018 in update 0.7.6 (per Wiki), so I wouldn't anticipate her going away before July this year and maybe later.

The Tier IX Japanese heavy is for FXP, and I see no reason why she should endanger Jean Bart.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Don't you mean goodbye Salem?

The Tier X Japanese heavy, for coal, will IMO likely sit alongside Salem for a while and then replace her; compare Coal Musashi and Jean Bart, which were both available until the end of 0.7.12 when Musashi disappeared.  When? Who knows? But Salem came out mid 2018 in update 0.7.6 (per Wiki), so I wouldn't anticipate her going away before July this year and maybe later.

The Tier IX Japanese heavy is for FXP, and I see no reason why she should endanger Jean Bart.

already have Salem. The two I mentioned would be the two that I have been saving for next, but now with the Rising Sun... I'm turning Japaneso, At least I think so.

See the source image

[ARGSY]
Members
8,118 posts
5,524 battles
4 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

The two I mentioned would be the two that I have been saving for next, but now with the Rising Sun... I'm turning Japaneso, At least I think so.

Aha, I see what you mean now. :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,552 posts
19,392 battles

Nice, a tier 10 available for coal! I almost broke down and bought the Jean Bart out of boredom. Glad I didn't.

Any excitement I had about Alaska is gone, took way too long to release and talked myself out of it. Pretty much decided to not bother with of the tier 9 freemium ships after getting that crap ship Kron. What a pointless boat. 

[BNKR]
Members
1,051 posts
1,004 battles

I'm delighted to hear about the two Japanese cruisers being available for more easily obtainable currency. I've basically given up on Alaska at this point.

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,165 posts
6,967 battles

It'll be interesting to see a 1vs1 between stalingrad and yoshio... Yoshi would probably win because of the HE alpha and fire setting, but it'd have to angle too much to fire all of its guns and become vulnerable (if it wanted to kill stalingrad quickly)... So it'd have to bow tank and do it slowly i guess

[ARGSY]
Members
8,118 posts
5,524 battles
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

What a pointless boat. 

*sighs with relief at having chosen Musashi*

7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Nice, a tier 10 available for coal!

Do you have Salem? Worth a look given her absurdly low service costs for tier (especially in PvE) and markedly enhanced heal over Des Moines. I play mine in co-op quite a bit.

[CAPGO]
Members
656 posts
4,015 battles

But is Neustrashimy worth the steel? I thought it was a mediocre ship at best?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,552 posts
19,392 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Do you have Salem? Worth a look given her absurdly low service costs for tier (especially in PvE) and markedly enhanced heal over Des Moines. I play mine in co-op quite a bit.

I have the Salem and I love her, such a great ship and even I am not a potato enough not to make credits with her in co-op.... She does not bring home the bacon like Missouri does, but she holds her own. Salem is hands down my favorite tier 10 ship so much so that I don't play any of the tech tree crap. 

Really don't find high tier gameplay loads of fun, tier 8 seems to be where I stop and lose interest in advancing. I have more fun around tiers 3-6 and that is where I prefer to play. I only want tier 10s to farm the annual rewards of owning them. Personally don't find any of them interesting at all save Salem. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[TOG]
Members
3,030 posts
16,305 battles

Well, I was wondering what I was going to do with 2 mill XP.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,118 posts
5,524 battles
15 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Salem is hands down my favorite tier 10 ship so much so that I don't play any of the tech tree crap. 

Them's... ah say, them's fighting' words, boy! </foghorn-leghorn>

I have precisely TWO T10 ships, Salem and Minotaur. Minotaur brings something to the table that no US cruiser after T5 does (lots of torps with useful range), and I had to complete at least one tech tree grind, if only for the record. I will probably get Daring and that's it for T10, unless I puddle my way through other lines through sheer force of persistence or until I have so many credits that even T10 operating costs are a drop in the bucket.

But yes, Salem is DISGUSTINGLY easy to push the "Battle On" button for. When the Indianapolis Marathon was running and the Arsenal had just been released, she was an impossible dream (and IIRC she had not yet had her huge service cost bonus baked in). I was more than a little shocked to find myself closing in on Christmas with enough coal to buy her once the coupon had refreshed, especially given that I'd blown God knows how much on completing the Bismarck, Dunkirk, French AND Second Anniversary collections all from coal crates, & grabbed myself a commander and two coal ships (Aigle, Campbeltown) besides.

Members
2,077 posts
8,128 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

...Salem is hands down my favorite tier 10 ship so much so that I don't play any of the tech tree crap...

That is because you never used Salem in challenging environment where tech tree crap kicks the living guano out of it.

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Pretty much decided to not bother with of the tier 9 freemium ships after getting that crap ship Kron. What a pointless boat. 

Kron is one the most OP ships among high tier ships, if you know how to use it.  I had exceptionally good experience with it with over 70% WR in randoms.