You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeaKnight_1990

Grind Goals for the Year

16 comments in this topic

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,550 battles

So after using up my Free XP and credit refund to get the Midway, I now have laid my hands on two Tier X's. I have around 88k XP on my Fiji, a similar amount on my Gneisenau, and smaller amounts on my T7 DDs (Mahan and Jervis.) Also, I am up to 60k on my Ibuki, so I might potentially have a third T10 by the time the year is out (which is when also my 360 days plus extra of premium will be;) maybe four or five.

What are your goals for warship grinds for this year? I know we're already a month and change into the year, but I couldn't help myself.

• Cool 2

[NSEW]
Members
703 posts
9,053 battles

If and when I do still play this game until the late 2019. Mostly due to real life reasons, and considering the direction of the CV rework (let's not rule this out completely). 

I would perhaps practice more on how to deal more effective damage with my Sharnhorst. How to raise my skill level with my Sims. Maybe, try to hold onto Free XP for longer for a bigger payout. Maybe another super duper boat with special abilities might rear its pretty bow.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,437 posts

My goal is simple, just grind out a line. I am really off put from the game recently so if I can stick it out to the end of the year I will be happy, and the best way to do that is to grind a line for me - I like meeting goals. 

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,494 battles
19 minutes ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

So after using up my Free XP and credit refund to get the Midway, I now have laid my hands on two Tier X's. I have around 88k XP on my Fiji, a similar amount on my Gneisenau, and smaller amounts on my T7 DDs (Mahan and Jervis.) Also, I am up to 60k on my Ibuki, so I might potentially have a third T10 by the time the year is out (which is when also my 360 days plus extra of premium will be;) maybe four or five.

What are your goals for warship grinds for this year? I know we're already a month and change into the year, but I couldn't help myself.

Congrats. I just unlocked and purchased that ship myself. I won over a week of Premium time in the current box event too, which has really helped me upgrade and outfit it. Now, I'm hoping that they fix the hotfix soon so that I can play it.

The Midway was the last of the USN line that I had to grind out. I'm still grinding on the legendary upgrades for three of them though. Legendary upgrades, at least the two I've got, appear to be excellent additions to a ship.

My goals for next year might be to grind out the top German BB as I really like to brawl with BBs. It seems to be pretty much immune to aircraft attack as well. I might grind out that IJN gunship DD too; it also is fairly immune to aircraft fire and I really like playing DDs as gunboats.

Edited by Snargfargle

[MACH1]
Members
154 posts
12,421 battles

Grind out the last 2 T10's I don't have both are CV's so we will see how that goes. Also continue to work on win rate went from 47% to 52.5% learning from past mistakes:Smile_honoring:

[FAE]
Members
2,309 posts
2,881 battles

1. Fiji - done! 

2. Worcester - almost done with Cleveland, free exp past Seattle? 

3. Des Moines - Still on New Orleans

Get better at most of my other ships. 

4. Get a higher tier UK BB premium to train Orion captain. Nelson for free exp? 

5. Get Shinonome

[ARMDA]
Members
318 posts
2,518 battles

1. Get Montana

2. Grind British CLs to Edinburgh

3. Grind RU CLs to T8

4. Get better at DDs (grind an IJN DD line in the process)

5. Grind the two US cruiser lines (grind to Helena and hopefully Worcester)

6. Grind German BBs to Bismarck and maybe FDG

7. Collect freebies from events

Lots of grinding

Edited by destawaits

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,107 posts
4,337 battles

Well top priority grinding-wise is to get Daring for me, she'll be my fifth tier 10 and finally give me a tier 10 for each role (counting CL and CA separately). After that... I really don't know. I've got Buffalo so I could go for Des Moines, but I kind of want to get Henri IV first. I could go after Harugumo, but I'm fine just sticking with Kitakaze. I'm trucking right along on my Lexington grind, but with all that XP and over 100k X worth of stuff to unlock once I get it I probably won't get Midway for a while. I know I'll definitely be looking into the RN carriers when they hit though, it'll be nice to have a third option there. And I've put off my Bismarck grind long enough too, it's probably time to start looking into getting Fat Freddy.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,925 posts
5,442 battles

I am sort of currently burned out on grinds right now, having either power-ground or free XP'd or combinations of both to Tier 5 or better in everything except Japanese carriers (just got the T4 before the patch) and US battleships (never started).

Vague plans for the rest of the year:

Soviet DD - I have permacamos won in game for Minsk and Kiev, and a 10 pointer monster captain pre-specced for Kiev. So why not?

Japanese CV - Slow and steady progress in co-op learning the new style, to at least Ryujo for dailies and mission eligibility.

British CV (when released) - they're giving us a T8 permacamo in an upcoming collection, so why not set that as a reasonable long-term goal?

British DD - I have the giveaway Lightning permacamo. Goal is to get at least there (currently at Jervis), then reassess on how fast I want to push for Daring.

Given that progress on grinds is never backwards unless you spend XP on guns, fire control, better torpedoes, etc., I'm content to take bites of a few thousand XP here and there and wait for stuff to happen.

But first I must reverse the severe deficit in credits that comes from having ground out so many ships in so little time! :Smile_teethhappy:

[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
4,923 battles

I've got some Russian captains in reserve, so in preparation for the upcoming Russian bb's, my main goal is to start throwing Elite Captain XP on at least one of them, until he has at least 14 points.      That means grinding where I already have 19-pt captains...all the other bb lines.  

Edited by ThumperD702

[WOLF2]
Members
1,160 posts
8,217 battles

1.   Grind up to 25 19pt skippers

2.  Finish Izumo and Alsace grinds to get Yammy and Republique (T9 Ranked helps)

3.  Finish DM Donskoi grind to Moskva

4.  Work on Zao and Hindy grinds (long way to go - only at T7 for both cruisers)

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
266 posts
8,782 battles

I have a bunch of lines parked at tier 9 which I should finish the grind for, and then there are the CVs which I restarted fresh from t4 for the rework.

The year just started but I'm burnt out from all the constant non-stop events, I don't know how many goals I'll achieve until the end of the year... I should get at the very least one t10 ship, since some of those t9 grinds are halfway done and I should just start spamming signals and camo that I have hoarded for too long

[H_]
Members
1,212 posts

If i can get my PC fixed and can reload the game......

I have six 19 point captains and want a 19 point CPT in every ships I play on a regular basis.  I need 6 more and I'm looking at those CPT that are in the 15 to 18 range now....  

If, I can get my PC to work........... 

[SDU]
Members
7 posts
890 battles

Im still working on my mid tier ships from most nations, so Id like to get everyone to tier 7, right now I just have my BB and cruiser from Germany at Tier 6.

I really wish I could play for longer periods of time, but just cant focus that long.

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,550 battles

OK, now for an update. I have Edinburgh and KG5, researched Bismarck, and am now up to 140k XP on the Ibuki. 

[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,463 battles
On 2/8/2019 at 3:51 AM, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Congrats on Midway. I was only to T6 before the rework and FXP'd some for benefits of the rework.

Here are my goals for 2019. You can see others in this thread.  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/176804-wows-goals-for-2019/

1. Improve some more. I think this shall always be my first goal. - TBD is current status

2. New lines. I want to get all the ships I can, so I will be working on each new line to T6 and any lines I don't have to T6 as well. (bumped it from T5)  - Got T6 Furious, so looking good so far.

3. CVs are pretty much on hold until the rework as I'm up to T6. I will see if I can grind to the T7 CVs before the rework. - As stated above, FXP'd to T8 and I should get T8 UK early access CV. So this should be half credit I guess. :)

4. Make more 19pt Cmdrs. - I started 2019 with 1 and now have 3.

1N3S1qw.jpg

5. Make my T6+ Cmdrs into at least 10pt Cmdrs. - I've added more T6 Cmdrs since the start of the year and completed a few as well.

FsAbgVh.jpg