You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
luckyhoho

move CV to coop and bot modes only plz

22 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
287 posts
15,079 battles

overall the experience of playing CV vs bot in random battles are positive

so how about make it that way then, there's not much interaction between the CV and surface ship been attacked anyway

they are just bots to each other anyway

nerf the bot AA somewhat, one colorado took down 50 planes from my CV in a coop battle lol

• Bad 12

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles
Just now, luckyhoho said:

nerf the bot AA somewhat, one colorado took down 50 planes from my CV in a coop battle lol

I think one reason the bot AA may seem more effective is that the AI is controlling the sectoring thing and it could be done faster than if a human is doing it. I don't know this for a fact, but it would make sense as I have seen the same complaint from carrier players in co-op. They seem to lose loads of planes against the bot ships Now it could be they are still new to carriers and haven't mastered avoiding flak, dunno for sure but the AI controlled AA would make sense. Remember that bots know the millisecond you launch torpedoes and start taking evasive action instead of when the torps fired come within detection range. They also know when you change from HE to AP and will start to turn the ship the closer your guns get to being loaded to avoid citadel penetrations. It is all a function of the AI.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,552 posts
1,049 battles

Not going to happen until they updated the coding so it’s CV free. 

[NSEW]
Members
703 posts
9,053 battles

move CV to coop and bot modes only plz

Also, give us back the Musashi, Missouri, Krons-bang in the tech tree. As well as many many more chances of getting Super containers filled nothing but flags, and introduce more arbitrary currency to make it not more confusing and segmented. 

Could it be...maybe. Juuuust maybe. WG realised the end game of the product have been reached. Ergo, coal, steel, whateverelsetheyaddtothisgrowinglist to prolong the end of life product for another year or so.

[TCNNA]
Members
448 posts
13,073 battles

Also bot know exactly where are DD on the map even if not spotted.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles
21 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

Oh yeah, they will follow you all over the map even though you may never be spotted. I learned this by accident when I first started playing. Another thing you get used to with bots is never being spotted and trying to ambush one from around an island. The second they clear the island their guns just miraculously happen to be pointed right at you even though they may have been firing at ships on the other side of the map just a bit earlier... All this stuff is annoying but it is to be expected with an AI because balance is always a problem when dealing with artificial intelligence and computer games. They can literally make an AI that is totally unbeatable (no fun) or make one that is totally inept and can be massacred easily (still not fun). Finding a balance is tricky and I have to admit, Wargaming has done a pretty good job balancing fun and playability. Their work on some different AI behaviors are spot on as well like bot DDs using smoke and kiting cruiser bots and I look forward to their eventual inclusion into the game.  

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,379 posts
18,758 battles
52 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Oh yeah, they will follow you all over the map even though you may never be spotted. I learned this by accident when I first started playing. Another thing you get used to with bots is never being spotted and trying to ambush one from around an island. The second they clear the island their guns just miraculously happen to be pointed right at you even though they may have been firing at ships on the other side of the map just a bit earlier... All this stuff is annoying but it is to be expected with an AI because balance is always a problem when dealing with artificial intelligence and computer games. They can literally make an AI that is totally unbeatable (no fun) or make one that is totally inept and can be massacred easily (still not fun). Finding a balance is tricky and I have to admit, Wargaming has done a pretty good job balancing fun and playability. Their work on some different AI behaviors are spot on as well like bot DDs using smoke and kiting cruiser bots and I look forward to their eventual inclusion into the game.  

Just wish Tanks would stop investing in whatever their trinket of the week is, (bloody GC did a Tanks update last week, and another just tonight,) and maybe spend some money creating a co-op mode.

If that game is losing players, maybe that would at least give newer players a place to learn how to play, instead of just going out as fodder for the tryhards that fill up most of those battles anyway.

[PVE]
Members
7,176 posts
12,363 battles
2 hours ago, Mikebello said:

2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Been there. If you ever get in a game where you are running from bots that are chasing you in any ship not just DD (undetected) watch their course and guns. Every course change you make to try and increase distance or maybe head another way to lose them they will mirror with an intercept course. Also, when you move their guns move to track you unless they are following you while shooting at other greens. IF it is JUST you their course and guns mirror your movements.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Been there. If you ever get in a game where you are running from bots that are chasing you in any ship not just DD (undetected) watch their course and guns. Every course change you make to try and increase distance or maybe head another way to lose them they will mirror with an intercept course. Also, when you move their guns move to track you unless they are following you while shooting at other greens. IF it is JUST you their course and guns mirror your movements.

Face it, the bots are dirty cheats... That is reason enough to blast them from the seas!

[PVE]
Members
7,176 posts
12,363 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Face it, the bots are dirty cheats... That is reason enough to blast them from the seas!

Yes and it is why Co-op is so fun = killing the little SOB's LOL. :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
933 posts
4,397 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yes they are!  Just pray that they don't "choose" you.  If they decide you need to be sunk, they will ALL start to focus you down PERFECTLY.  I've been there and it is no fun.  

Don't get me wrong, I like the aggressive game play.  Much more enjoyable than in any other mode.  But, boy are they ruthless.  I mean, absolutely zero "ruth" to be had.

If they ask "Are you Sarah Conner?", just say no.  :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,924 posts
5,442 battles
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Face it, the bots are dirty cheats...

I'd love to see Flamu play a whole stream worth of co-op, simply to listen to the unending stream of obscenity that would flow from his mouth once he experienced that meta for himself. How many times could he say the F word in a minute, I wonder? How fast can a wounded Harugumo with AR reload? :Smile_trollface:

[TCNNA]
Members
448 posts
13,073 battles

Imho the most difficult class to play in co-op are cruiser. DD can smoke hide ambush. BB have some armor an bot usually shoot at lowest HP ship. Cruiser in open get focus fire and citadel hit from 20km away 🤣

[PVE]
Members
7,176 posts
12,363 battles
6 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

Imho the most difficult class to play in co-op are cruiser. DD can smoke hide ambush. BB have some armor an bot usually shoot at lowest HP ship. Cruiser in open get focus fire and citadel hit from 20km away 🤣

I actually agree with you. Smoke Cruisers like BRN, Kutuzov, Flint, excluded.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles
1 minute ago, Mikebello said:

I absolutely love cruiser play in co-op. BBs are just too slow for me and DDs just a bit too fragile. The cruisers are "just right". They are fast enough to zip around and have decent firepower without being too fragile (relatively speaking of course). If I want action, I follow the DDs and get attacked first. Staying alive is always a challenge. If I want to survive longer, I slow down and go in with the BBs. I do this with "smoking cruisers" like Kutuzov or the British line. IMHO they are just really well rounded, they bring lots of tools to use in a match and I can quickly reinforce a failing flank. DD play is all about getting those torps off and BBs are always looking for a good broadside. Cruisers can take advantage of any situation and is why I like them so much. Plus if you go full potato, no one seems to mind like they do if a BB or CV derps. I think people just expect cruisers to get sunk....

• Cool 1

[TCNNA]
Members
448 posts
13,073 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

. I think people just expect cruisers to get sunk....

Yesterday I give up Russian cruiser line at tier 7. Sooner or later a bot BB aim at you and even if I try do Dodge.......boom citadelled from other side of the map. 😀😁🤣

[PVE]
Members
7,176 posts
12,363 battles
5 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

Yesterday I give up Russian cruiser line at tier 7. Sooner or later a bot BB aim at you and even if I try do Dodge.......boom citadelled from other side of the map. 😀😁🤣

Donskoi at T9 is fragile but a little less so and it actually has useable 8km torps. Moskva at T10 is a beast but can be blapped easy if you show side. I didn't keep any of the T5-T9 RU CL's but I have kept and enjoy Moskva.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,552 posts
1,049 battles

Love it that I can take the Mushashi out without any fear from CV. Not like random where we are test dummies. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
933 posts
4,397 battles
42 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

Either get your Shchors back and grind it out or free xp to the Chapayev.  She is awesome.  She also can do Cherry Blossom.  I was no fan of the Shchors either.  I had my best game AND my worst game in her on the same day.  :cap_fainting:

Chappy is wonderful.  I recommend you try her out. 

p.s. - Did you like Budyonny?

[TCNNA]
Members
448 posts
13,073 battles
Just now, Captain_Slattery said:

p.s. - Did you like Budyonny?

Yes. I find Budyonny very fun. Schors make me cry. Grind in co-op is too much for me. Better accumulate free XP and jump her.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
933 posts
4,397 battles
2 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

Yes. I find Budyonny very fun. Schors make me cry. Grind in co-op is too much for me. Better accumulate free XP and jump her.

Budyonny is my favorite RU cruiser.  I think Chapayev plays a lot like her.  You may find the same thing.  Good luck with her.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles
1 hour ago, Mikebello said:

LOL yeah they love shooting at you from far away. I have seen BBs fighting other ships on the far side of one cap while I go to capture another and the second I get spotted, while they are still engaged with the other ship, will take a shot and give me a good spanking. It is frustrating. BTW they do this across all tiers, if the bot BBs have a good shot at your citadel, they will take it. Keep grinding the tier 7s. Other than Fiji which is a really outstanding ship, the others are not horrible, just nothing to write home about. I sold every one save Fiji. The tier 8 cruisers, IMHO, are some of the most interesting ships in the game and loads of fun if you like cruisers. The tier 6's come a close second, again just fun ships to play. 

• Cool 1