You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VaygrEmpire

AR viable post CV hotfix?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
142 posts
3,802 battles

For CV I mean. CV planes lose HP extremely fast, so what would happen if one had AR invested?

[SFOR]
Members
933 posts
6,592 battles

Your planes will fly faster against the AA and will die faster. Funny isn't?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,692 posts
8,180 battles

Adrenaline Rush is only "okay" for CVs.  Ideally, it will help get your planes out of trouble.  Unfortunately it will also make flying into trouble more difficult to avoid as your planes accelerate as they suddenly take a lot of damage, thus increasing their turning radius and keeping them in the bad for longer.

[ODIN]
Members
674 posts
2,935 battles
14 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Adrenaline Rush is only "okay" for CVs.  Ideally, it will help get your planes out of trouble.  Unfortunately it will also make flying into trouble more difficult to avoid as your planes accelerate as they suddenly take a lot of damage, thus increasing their turning radius and keeping them in the bad for longer.

Are we sure that the speed buff from AR affects turning radius? I just started messing with it, but haven't been able to get a good read on it yet. Plane health is pretty binary, this patch: alive, then abruptly not. XD

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,299 posts
7,997 battles

It's very good now that you need to fly outside of AA range to recall your injured planes, else they get shot down.

[ODIN]
Members
674 posts
2,935 battles
Just now, NeoRussia said:

It's very good now that you need to fly outside of AA range to recall your injured planes, else they get shot down.

You also need to never use your planes to attack a ship, as the planes that just dropped their ordinance automatically break off from the squad and slowly do the "recall" climb right there in the middle of all the AA... and get shot down.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,448 posts
19 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Are we sure that the speed buff from AR affects turning radius? I just started messing with it, but haven't been able to get a good read on it yet. Plane health is pretty binary, this patch: alive, then abruptly not. XD

Plane physics dictates that turn radius is best at optimal speed. if you go faster or slower than the optimal speed the radius get's bigger - aerodynamics is funny that way. It's why in a fighter sim you slow and speed up both in a turn to get around the fastest

Who knows in game how it is, I struggle with flying the planes because I have all this muscle memory telling me to do something else to turn faster

[ODIN]
Members
674 posts
2,935 battles
12 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Plane physics dictates that turn radius is best at optimal speed. if you go faster or slower than the optimal speed the radius get's bigger - aerodynamics is funny that way. It's why in a fighter sim you slow and speed up both in a turn to get around the fastest

Who knows in game how it is, I struggle with flying the planes because I have all this muscle memory telling me to do something else to turn faster

I'm quite familiar with how actual planes work, but I'm equally familiar with how little reality can apply to a game like WoWs.

• Funny 1