Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Plaatduutsch

Kitakaze is a Fun Ship, but I am Hesitate to Buy Her Camo

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

132
[C-HAG]
Members
496 posts
8,352 battles

With WarGaming constantly tweaking high tier ships, I don't feel my investment secured. 

I bought the Yueyang Camo, and then this ship got severely nerfed.

Same thing happened to Hindy, just less severe. 

AA nerf to Fletcher after the CV rework is also self-evident. 

Those are 5000 doubloon (~25 USD) items, and one nerf can make them completely not worth playing.  

Now, even with 50% off on Kita camo, I am NOT convinced to buy it. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[CSALT]
Members
500 posts

I would suggest waiting to make the decision until after you've tried the Harugomo.  Then you can decide if you're going to keep the Kitkat or not.  If you keep the kitkat, get the cammo.  If you're just going to grind through the kitkat or use it temporarily for ranked, I would suggest using consumable cammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[BUOY]
Members
264 posts
8,886 battles

Honestly... the Kitakaze is probably going to be nerfed at some point in the future... but that point is certainly not in the immediate future (they would have nerfed the ship before ranked if that was the case) and probably several months away since WG has their hands full with the CV rework / RN CV's / VMF BB's and so on and so forth.

If you want to rank out in the ship and aren''t swimming in 1x use camos, 2k dubs ($8-$10.34 worth) for +100% XP / -20% service and not having to spend anything more might be worth it even if they nerf the ship into oblivion the moment ranked ends since that is a couple hundred games where you've saved 24k silver per game and almost certainly ground out the Harugumo even though it's not as fast as some 1x use camos.

OTOH if you're swimming in 1x use paint and/or don't care about ranked and/or aren't gonna play DD's until the CV rework settles since all DD's are in a bad spot well... the permaflage doesn't look nearly as shiny.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[NSEW]
Members
719 posts
9,060 battles

I had many chances to purchase various ship's permanent camo. However, I saw that the price of them aren't justified. I would rather use that amount towards Premium time.

One camo that I do wish I've purchased is the now unlocked Yamato. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[NSEW]
Members
719 posts
9,060 battles
1 hour ago, lloyd1701 said:

Honestly... the Kitakaze is probably going to be nerfed at some point in the future... but that point is certainly not in the immediate future

Come to think of it. Was there a nerf of Akizuki that I forgot from the past? Was it her snappy steering? or her tight turning circle radius? Or her tier beating AA suite "as designed"?

This wasn't meant to be sarcastic, truly; but as I type with passing key strokes. I has become one...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
630
[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,060 posts
14,816 battles

Yep my wallet is closed too, im not going to invest money in this as the wind blows game either.

To many unknowns with them and im not playing as much either anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
197
[SIDE]
Members
775 posts
3,703 battles

I loved the Kitakaze and Hated the Harugumo, I retrained my captain back to the kitakaze as it fills the traditional DD role way more than the Harugumo does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[KP]
Members
220 posts
202 battles
7 hours ago, Plaatduutsch said:

With WarGaming constantly tweaking high tier ships, I don't feel my investment secured. 

I bought the Yueyang Camo, and then this ship got severely nerfed.

Same thing happened to Hindy, just less severe. 

AA nerf to Fletcher after the CV rework is also self-evident. 

Those are 5000 doubloon (~25 USD) items, and one nerf can make them completely not worth playing.  

Now, even with 50% off on Kita camo, I am NOT convinced to buy it. 

With all the free camos WGing hands out there is literally no reason whatsoever to buy premium camo. I had a post deleted by mods stating this. The bait and switch fraud they pulled with the Alsace/ Jean Bart sealed WGings fate from my pocket book perspective. 

Never give them money is my new motto. If you have a ton of doubloons from Christmas crates and want to blow them then that's one thing but buying doubloons with cash to buy a perma camo for a Beta game that changes every patch is insanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[TNG]
Members
334 posts
16,613 battles

I too have the YY camo and haven't played her at all since the Nerf Bat {still unjustified}, Thanks WG for nerfing a ship no one really was complaining about!  PS have you seen Daring's stats?

Try this for the YY...in the new CV "meta".

Forgo stealth, use Legendary mod with radar brings you down to 6.5k, use radar when spotted and play the YY as normal, disengage and stay close to fleet for AA support. Repeat as necessary until all DD's are gone. Cap with fleet rolling in, as you long range torp enemy ball of red ships. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
190
[WOLFB]
Members
338 posts
8 hours ago, Plaatduutsch said:

With WarGaming constantly tweaking high tier ships, I don't feel my investment secured. 

I bought the Yueyang Camo, and then this ship got severely nerfed.

Same thing happened to Hindy, just less severe. 

AA nerf to Fletcher after the CV rework is also self-evident. 

Those are 5000 doubloon (~25 USD) items, and one nerf can make them completely not worth playing.  

Now, even with 50% off on Kita camo, I am NOT convinced to buy it. 

I agree completely with the comment of waiting till you try the Harugumo. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Haru - she doesn't so much sail as wallow. I have good games or bad games, but seldom in between games. So I sold the Haru and made the Kitakaze my main ride on that line. In such a case, the premium camo has much more value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[TNG]
Members
334 posts
16,613 battles
24 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

With all the free camos WGing hands out there is literally no reason whatsoever to buy premium camo. I had a post deleted by mods stating this. The bait and switch fraud they pulled with the Alsace/ Jean Bart sealed WGings fate from my pocket book perspective. 

Never give them money is my new motto. If you have a ton of doubloons from Christmas crates and want to blow them then that's one thing but buying doubloons with cash to buy a perma camo for a Beta game that changes every patch is insanity.

I'm going to "try" not to spend a dime in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[EQRN]
Members
655 posts
10,091 battles

I’ve got a few perma camos I paid for, all but one on sale.  One is the Fiji, and I’m afraid she’s going to get the nerf bat sooner or later.  So sale or not, probably not buying any more.

I really want the Exeter, but the GC fiasco is going to make me very hesitant to open the wallet for that one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
340
[WOLFC]
Members
772 posts
7,370 battles
2 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I’ve got a few perma camos I paid for, all but one on sale.  One is the Fiji, and I’m afraid she’s going to get the nerf bat sooner or later.  ...

Aside from the perma camo for the pre-split Cleveland, Fiji is the first and only one I've bought and is probably one of the most fun ships I have.

It begs a question,  if Wargaming keeps nerfing all the "Fun" ships ... that means there's no more fun ... so what's the point in playing?

nerfbat.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[JASH]
Members
3,603 posts
9,214 battles

Not only would I be hesitant on buying the camo but I've also not rushed or focused on getting Kitakaze itself, and I could acquire Kitakaze specified with a trained 19 pt cpt today.

I've been playing this game long enough to recognize where the value of this stock is going in the long run. We've essentially already seen this play out before with another freaky high tier gun boat DD/light cruiser without a citadel; it's name is Khabarovsk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,520
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles

The treatment meted out to Yueyang is a good reason to me not to invest in a T10 permacamo.

The other reason is that WG are sometimes quite generous with free permacamos, I have one for Worcester from Sharks/Eagles. I also bought a permacamo for Cleveland, before WG totally devalued it by giving out free ones.

Between risk of massive over nerf, and risk of free one anyway, I'm not interested in buying them beyond the one I have for Henri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[CAPGO]
Members
656 posts
4,015 battles

I have bought perma camos for all of my T10 AND T9 SHIPS I have.

I have perma camo for Roon, Neptune, Ibuki, Seattle, Kitakaze, Izumo, and even Friedrich Der Grosser.

I don't think I am the right person to give you any suggestion whether you should buy or not because I am little bit of a sucker as you can see

With that being said, I can say Kitakaze camo is visually one of the nicer ones out of the pack.

Edited by VVoony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
425 posts
6,467 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

Aside from the perma camo for the pre-split Cleveland, Fiji is the first and only one I've bought and is probably one of the most fun ships I have.

It begs a question,  if Wargaming keeps nerfing all the "Fun" ships ... that means there's no more fun ... so what's the point in playing?

nerfbat.jpg

Depends on the perspective of those fun ships, trying to take a fletcher which was once a top DD up against a Kita or Jutland is no fun at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
10,762 battles

With all the freely obtainable camos with better benefits, I really don't see the point of premium camos. At all.

And YY owners are still waiting for their premium camo refunds. /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,553 posts
13,246 battles

While I enjoy the Kitcat and Haru- I fully expect them to be nerfed in the future.  One of my favorite ships in the game, my Yeuyang was nerfed soooo hard that it and it’s permanent camo have become a Port Queen - it does take a lot of games to pay off perm camo on higher tier ships - if you are planning on playing it a couple of hundred times, it is an ok investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[JASH]
Members
3,603 posts
9,214 battles
1 hour ago, mofton said:

The treatment meted out to Yueyang is a good reason to me not to invest in a T10 permacamo.

The other reason is that WG are sometimes quite generous with free permacamos, I have one for Worcester from Sharks/Eagles. I also bought a permacamo for Cleveland, before WG totally devalued it by giving out free ones.

Between risk of massive over nerf, and risk of free one anyway, I'm not interested in buying them beyond the one I have for Henri.

And yes, the Yueyang precedence is another strike, IMO.

That Yueyang nerf was obviously dumb to begin with. As ship power balance and the game itself have rapidly shifted by the week ever since the folly of what WG did with that has only become something beyond. It reveals a glimpse of how extremely short sighted and ad-lib/improvisational WG's development planning is; more so than I'd imagined before. It has to rank among the worst individual ship balancing judgments WG has ever made in this game. Yueyang could be closer to balanced today if they simply undid the mistake they made last November.

Edited by MrKilmister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×