You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awesomeartichokes

Best tactic to avoid deplaning

15 comments in this topic

Members
259 posts
11,638 battles

I am so frustrated about losing planes in the squadron to AA and as a result getting deplaned.

The solution is to trigger attack runs on the way to the enemy.

Send the torps, rockets, bombs into islands. But get your squadron down to the last 1 or 2 attack wave. This means that you don't risk any more planes that would have just been killed any way without being able to do an attack.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
1 minute ago, awesomeartichokes said:

I am so frustrated about losing planes in the squadron to AA and as a result getting deplaned.

Send the torps, rockets, bombs into islands. But get your squadron down to the last 1 or 2 attack wave. This means that you don't risk any more planes that would have just been killed any way without being able to do an attack.

that's what i do with islands,use them for cover to avoid most of the AA barrage,but then i lose all my planes when they start climbing.

[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles
7 minutes ago, awesomeartichokes said:

It is the reverse F-key method. And from my experience in the battles today is the way to go.

[PSP]
Members
7,918 posts
10,490 battles

WG issues a patch to fix a problem with an exploit in a class and then people have to use another exploit to even make the class playable. I hate to say this, as I've always thought that WG was doing a pretty good job overall, but someone really dropped the ball with this rework  They had better get their act together soon or they will see their game, a very good game,  rapidly dwindle away and die.

[AFW]
Members
116 posts
2,978 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

WG issues a patch to fix a problem with an exploit in a class and then people have to use another exploit to even make the class playable. I hate to say this, as I've always thought that WG was doing a pretty good job overall, but someone really dropped the ball with this rework  They had better get their act together soon or they will see their game, a very good game,  rapidly dwindle away and die.

Using terrain for effect is not an exploit.  It is called terrain masking.  There is nothing wrong with using terrain. Ask any cruiser player and others to use islands for cover.  Pretty much anyone.

WG has their own exploit, hydro and radar that sees through islands.  Honestly, I am still amazed they have never addressed this magic.

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles
22 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

So very true 

[PSP]
Members
7,918 posts
10,490 battles
10 minutes ago, Big_Pimpin said:

Using terrain for effect is not an exploit.  It is called terrain masking.  There is nothing wrong with using terrain. Ask any cruiser player and others to use islands for cover.  Pretty much anyone.

WG has their own exploit, hydro and radar that sees through islands.  Honestly, I am still amazed they have never addressed this magic.

You didn't read the original post. Go back and read it carefully.

• Cool 1

[AFW]
Members
116 posts
2,978 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

You didn't read the original post. Go back and read it carefully.

I read all the posts in this thread, "carefully"  That was my response.  

Have a fine Navy day.

[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles
6 minutes ago, Big_Pimpin said:

Have a fine Navy day.

i appears that you don't read and you are also a liar or maybe you lack the brains to understand.

Anyway. have a nice day.

• Bad 1

[NSEW]
Members
703 posts
9,053 battles
1 hour ago, _no_one_ said:

i appears that you don't read and you are also a liar or maybe you lack the brains to understand.

Anyway. have a nice day.

Quite the statement from you sir. How is he a "liar"? or as you've so eloquently wrote;  "lacks the brains to understand."? Have you got some raw data, as well as many simulated tests to justify that conclusion? Oh, wait a minute here...This sounds awfully familiar. 

Also, side note @_no_one_  you still haven't replied to my question in another thread as well (hint: Motor vehicle manufacturer).

[TATER]
[TATER]
Beta Testers
51 posts
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Quite the statement from you sir. How is he a "liar"?

His response to "players are dropping payloads on islands (on way to target) so they attack with less planes" was "terrain masking is not an exploit". He then claimed to have read all the posts in the thread ("carefully"). Either he did not read them, or he did not understand what they were talking about. It appears some of his neurons have misfired and he read "launching payloads into islands" as "hiding behind islands and using them for cover"

[PSP]
Members
7,918 posts
10,490 battles
3 hours ago, Big_Pimpin said:

Have a fine Navy day.

"Using terrain for effect is not an exploit.  It is called terrain masking."

was your response to

"I am so frustrated about losing planes in the squadron to AA and as a result getting deplaned. The solution is to trigger attack runs on the way to the enemy."

That is what is called a non sequitur, where the original statement and response have nothing to do with each other.

You may have keyed into the word "islands" as mentioned later on but the OP was just saying to drop ordinance onto the ocean or onto the islands.

What the OP is recommending here is that you send two of your three attack groups from a squadron back to the ship for safety long before you get close to the enemy. You recall them by releasing their ordinance.

The final attack group will attack, and will be destroyed but you will save 2/3 of the squadron. Since the hotfix, all of a squadron is destroyed on an attack run due to overwhelming AA as you never get the chance to wheel around for a second attack.

The OP makes a lot of since here but I sort of balk at using an exploit. However, it might needs be done until they fix the hotfix.

Edited by Snargfargle

[AFW]
Members
116 posts
2,978 battles

So cute! You sir, can go.....imagine the rest. 

6 hours ago, _no_one_ said:

Anyway. have a nice day.

[WOLF6]
Members
2,298 posts
5,124 battles
5 minutes ago, Big_Pimpin said:

So cute! You sir, can go.....imagine the rest. 

He’s right, though. You did miss the point. 

[AFW]
Members
116 posts
2,978 battles
15 minutes ago, Thornir said:

He’s right, though. You did miss the point. 

How so? 

8 hours ago, awesomeartichokes said:

Doesn't this imply using islands? A player cannot control the altitude of thier planes.  Planes hug the islands as they fly over or around them.

8 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

that's what i do with islands,use them for cover to avoid most of the AA barrage,but then i lose all my planes when they start climbing.

Interesting. Use them for cover.  This player said "islands" to avoid damage from AA. 

Terrain masking = real tactics.

AA through islands, hydro through islands, radar through islands = magic

We good now? Or shall we continue to belabor on how I missed the point in my response to these comments on this thread?