You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
krisinsane

Carriers are now completely USELESS

102 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,824 battles

Thanks for ruining them, Wargaming. You could have tuned them somewhat, but no, you had to utterly demolish CVs. It is now impossible to get any sustained strikes in a tier 8 carrier.

This is so frustrating, as I was very excited to finally use carriers in this game, and now you've just completely made me lose incentive to play anymore.

You ruined a good thing, and if your internal testers couldn't determine that you went way overboard on your AA "tuning", they need to be fired immediately, due to complete incompetence.

You. Ruined. Your. Carrier. Rework. 

Might as well call it the 0.8.0 Antiaircraft Enema.

Get your head out of that orifice and pay attention to what you're doing, you guys are supposedly professional game developers. Act like it.

• Cool 19
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 7

Members
291 posts
4,600 battles

Absolutely concur.  Flak is now murderous as I just posted.  The best thing I did all night was make the enemy stick together and watch me instead of my WASD shipmates. The DDs loved it!  That lead to some great views of massive broadsides connecting as the enemy maneuvered to avoid me but got wrecked by a surface ship.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,216 posts

What happened to “give the changes a chance?”

I’m actually ok with the rework conceptually.  Haven’t played 8.01... but it definitely needed more work.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,298 posts
4,981 battles
Just now, JonnyFreedom said:

Tell that to the guy who avg's 110k in his Lexington that I just ran into.

wow WG,thanks to this hotfix lexington is now broken. i can't even think rationally,i'm crying right now.NERF  LEX NOW.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
820 posts
10,579 battles
9 minutes ago, xPapa_Smurfx said:

Absolutely concur.  Flak is now murderous as I just posted.  The best thing I did all night was make the enemy stick together and watch me instead of my WASD shipmates. The DDs loved it!  That lead to some great views of massive broadsides connecting as the enemy maneuvered to avoid me but got wrecked by a surface ship.  

I think they actually reduced the damage of flak, but buffed the continuous damage (I'd have to read the patch notes again to be sure).   The flak never really was hard to deal with unless they had defensive fire on, and it still is pretty easy to avoid.  The buff to continuous damage though, that is where the [edited] is.  It is WAY to strong especially considering how often T6 and T8 CVs are bottom tier in their battles. 

• Cool 1

Members
291 posts
4,600 battles
1 minute ago, ClockworkSpectre said:

I think they actually reduced the damage of flak, but buffed the continuous damage (I'd have to read the patch notes again to be sure).   The flak never really was hard to deal with unless they had defensive fire on, and it still is pretty easy to avoid.  The buff to continuous damage though, that is where the [edited] is.  It is WAY to strong especially considering how often T6 and T8 CVs are bottom tier in their battles. 

I can tell you that every time I hit the LMB, a wall of flak would pop up right in front of me and demolish my squadron.  I MIGHT be able to make one attack, but rarely if ever got two attacks in, and that was attacking lone ships.  I'm sure most people have cranked up their AA defenses after the initial CV debacle, but getting anywhere near a tier 6 or above US cruiser or BB was absolute certain death.

Members
51 posts
11,883 battles
35 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Maybe before the hotfix. After the hotfix, the continuous aa damage of tier 9-10 ships will cut that average right down.

Members
1,373 posts
47 battles

Reminder that the hotfix is only the first step to CV and AA rebalance.

Why are you people still acting like any new patch or hotfix is the last one the game will ever receive?

• Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
639 posts
1,539 battles
4 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

Maybe before the hotfix. After the hotfix, the continuous aa damage of tier 9-10 ships will cut that average right down.

He was at 11 games that he earned today.

Members
3 posts
1,884 battles
1 minute ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Why are you people still acting like any new patch or hotfix is the last one the game will ever receive?

I think it is because of how far they went overboard with it.  It's one thing to make small adjustments on a few items at a time, but to this extent is IMO way too much all at once.  I know the Haku was broken (OP) and needed fixing but the T8 CV's had a hard time as it was when up tiered.  Now it is ridiculous.  When you can't even make an attack run (single run, mind you) on a lone ship because their AA destroys your squadron, that's too much.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
51 posts
11,883 battles
6 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Heh, perhaps people are acting this way because they know more A+ WG balancing is in flight?

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,287 posts
19,856 battles
12 minutes ago, The_Real_1hit said:

I think it is because of how far they went overboard with it.  It's one thing to make small adjustments on a few items at a time, but to this extent is IMO way too much all at once.  I know the Haku was broken (OP) and needed fixing but the T8 CV's had a hard time as it was when up tiered.  Now it is ridiculous.  When you can't even make an attack run (single run, mind you) on a lone ship because their AA destroys your squadron, that's too much.  

Reason I again shelved all my CVs not due to multi-tasking but because now it's just plain old broken with their tinny winy quick patch emergency so called up-grade  

[LUCK]
Members
1,616 posts
21,625 battles
1 hour ago, krisinsane said:

Thanks for ruining them, Wargaming. You could have tuned them somewhat, but no, you had to utterly demolish CVs. It is now impossible to get any sustained strikes in a tier 8 carrier.

This is so frustrating, as I was very excited to finally use carriers in this game, and now you've just completely made me lose incentive to play anymore.

You ruined a good thing, and if your internal testers couldn't determine that you went way overboard on your AA "tuning", they need to be fired immediately, due to complete incompetence.

Get your head out of that orifice and pay attention to what you're doing, you guys are supposedly professional game developers. Act like it.

Last week was horribly wrong on so many levels. This weeks installment is, perhaps, too strong on the AA side. I certainly don't have any solutions.

Perhaps the biggest issue is the +2/-2 MM, particularly CVs. What do you balance them to? Their tier or the MM spread? If they tune up a T8 CV to it's potential of T10 then T6s are toast - kind of like last week. 

I want you to enjoy your CV play as much as I like all the others. Hopefully they can find some semblance of balance where, sure you'll lose planes but also have an ability to influence the battle like everyone else, not determine it.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,443 posts
53 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

It was a knee-jerk overreaction. The message is they clearly don't want CVs to be successful. I am also annoyed that last week I had to learn CVs over from scratch, and now this week I again have to learn CVs over from scratch. 

The Haku needed to be dialed back, clearly. But none of the other CVs were over performing.  

[SALTY]
Members
339 posts
5,476 battles
2 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

That's not abnormal or worthy of complaining about. The CVs are currently doing roughly the same damage they were previously in the hands of the top 5% players per WoWS numbers. Win rates are actually lower, so that damage is seemingly more spread out rather than focused. Once the flooding damage nerf goes live those numbers will go down even further.

Only the Hak and its abnormal drop attack was breaking the game.

Edited by harikari25

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,572 posts
4,183 battles

Before people start frothing at the mouth, this patch isn't final.  If anything, WG is throwing stuff to the wall and seeing what sticks in regards to patch changes and more. 

I would advise patience since WG is effectively overhauling a major aspect of the game with these patches.  This is not going to be fixed with one patch and it could take a month before things normalize again.

• Cool 1

Members
487 posts
1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

I was also like this when 0.8.0 went live, thinking this would be game breaking, but my views have changed and I've decided to give the devs a chance to try and fix it. Any issues I'm having with the game right now are on my end because my PC is quite old. I'll upgrade it once I'm done with college or when I get enough dough to upgrade it. 

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
2 hours ago, krisinsane said:

After you CV driver's weeklong frenzy of totally ruining gameplay for the other 3 classes I hope that you're not looking for any sympathy from us BB CA/CL and DD drivers.

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SOV]
Members
1,338 posts

Sipan planes against a lone t8 Alspice. Took out  every plane in one pass. I droped and flew and gone.

Every game was just like that. 10 min to do 10k or so and if the team won another 20k in garbage damage.

Wot and mino are impossable to attake literaly impossable.

Somthing tells me it will take more than 1 week to get a hot fix.

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,292 posts
7,994 battles

I still average 100k+ in Hakuryu and Midway, lower tiers seem fine to me as well. I shifted a lot of my attention to spotting and getting rid of pesky destroyers though, so overall usefulness of CV is around the same. All but one of my games after 0.8.0.1 were wins.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,662 posts
8,145 battles

wjXeuSQ.jpg
This hasn't been my experience.  It's more difficult, yes.  You have to respect AA ships of all types, including destroyers.  I like that aspect a lot.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,443 posts
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

This hasn't been my experience.  It's more difficult, yes.  You have to respect AA ships of all types, including destroyers.  I like that aspect a lot.

From what I hear, the RN test ships are stronger than the current ships, is that true?