You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MrCoffee

Comments on Hotfix 0.8.0.1

14 comments in this topic

[-GS-]
Members
13 posts
3,373 battles

I get why the hotfix was needed. There were many issues, including the Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free -F Key and a few overpowered carriers.

Now, things have gone in the opposite direction.

1. There was obviously a change to the "F" key. Planes are no longer invulnerable. (Which is good!). However -- in most cases -- *all* planes are shot down before they can get out of range.
  2. Medium range and short-range flak *melts* planes. There is no way to dodge. Between this and #1 (above), most sorties are suicide missions.
  3. Torpedos are nerfed, also. I went from a semi-narrow spread to a wide spread. ...no matter what I did. Now, I'm lucky to get *one* torpedo hit per pass, whereas my Tier 6 carriers could at least get two torpedo hits pre-hotfix.

Maybe the carriers were too powerful before, now they are too weak. I feel like I was *finally* getting the hang of everything...but now I can't really play CVs because the planes melt away. I get it...things needed to be balanced. But again...suicide missions do not = balance. My last game, I lost 65 aircraft and only had 23,000 damage to show for it.  The games before that, I lost 59 planes and had 5k damage, and before that, lost 47 planes and got 20k damage.

In all cases, most of the damage was done with rockets. Torpedo planes can't hit much with the ultra-wide spread. Dive bombers don't survive the AA flak long enough to drop.

It's....frustrating. I'm going back to playing other ships for a while. I understand that CVs -- and other ships -- needed to be balanced.  And maybe things will be better at the higher tiers. However, I'm not going to get there if I have to continually endure the games that I've just played.

</end rant>

<edit>  Even the planes that complete an attack are shot down now. Nothing survives.

Edited by MrCoffee
adding additional information
  • Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
2 posts
3,819 battles

I can tell you from experience that its not better at high tier, all cv's have been hit by this. all we can do is pray that WG will realize how unbalanced the nerf is and dial it back a bit. I admit the haku needed a nerf but now 30k at tier 10 is about what you can expect

• Cool 2

[TIPS]
Beta Testers
102 posts
2,162 battles

Keep playing CV's, so the devs can gather the data needed to fix the current mess we find ourselves in.  Why the CC's and Supertesters didn't scream more loudly about the  Hakuryu is beyond me, but I think that AA swung too far the other way.  We need all of the mediocre players to put time in CV's, so the devs realize what needs tweaked!

• Cool 1

[-GS-]
Members
13 posts
3,373 battles
26 minutes ago, Sierra1968 said:

Keep playing CV's, so the devs can gather the data needed to fix the current mess we find ourselves in.  Why the CC's and Supertesters didn't scream more loudly about the  Hakuryu is beyond me, but I think that AA swung too far the other way.  We need all of the mediocre players to put time in CV's, so the devs realize what needs tweaked!

Ugh...you're right. It's just going to be painful! :-D

Members
56 posts
2,408 battles

Yeah, what Sierra said. With every CV game, WG is getting data for feedback on their hotfix. They've probably realized the absurd AA power of TX ships or the ineffectiveness of T8 against TX but it takes time to think of a solution that satisfies everyone.

The CV rework is a long struggle filled with hardships but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Cool 1

[70]
Members
1,057 posts
4,871 battles

Do these fools not know that Tier 4/6 planes were stringbags to begin with?

Ugh. Typical pendulum swings.

Members
55 posts
2,934 battles
4 hours ago, Sierra1968 said:

I honestly don't think the CC and supertesters really care about cv gameplay, I pretty sure most of them don't even like cv's, but then again I don't know, nor do I really follow/care about them.

Members
245 posts
1,774 battles

The situation is getting worse every day ... I don't like how things are going. As a CV player since the beggining of the OBT, i'm very dissapointed that this rework happened (RTS mode should be maintened and the rework mode should be used only in the Consoles - i don't care about the cross-play bul@#$%it at all). 

Anyway ... it's too late. Let's see what happens (remove CVs maybe?)

[-GS-]
Members
13 posts
3,373 battles
10 hours ago, deboned said:

Nerf the rocket planes pls.

Really?? That is the *only* plane I can still do damage with right now. :-(

[-GS-]
Members
13 posts
3,373 battles
On 2/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, Italo_Bandeira said:

The situation is getting worse every day ... I don't like how things are going. As a CV player since the beggining of the OBT, i'm very dissapointed that this rework happened (RTS mode should be maintened and the rework mode should be used only in the Consoles - i don't care about the cross-play bul@#$%it at all). 

Anyway ... it's too late. Let's see what happens (remove CVs maybe?)

Yeah...it's crazy. :-(

[SMART]
Members
5 posts
3,765 battles

This game is a SINKING SHIP.  They killed it with this rework.  They shot themselves in the foot and the playerbase is shrinking massively in response.  I dont think they will ever recover from this debacle.  They might as well start working on World of Warships 2(console only).

[DPS]
Members
101 posts

They just needed to fix the F key.  Not the damage.  Before 8.0.1 planes were dying, and more would have died if the F key worked as it does now... but they're idiots, and don't play test their of F'in game.  Hak nerf was needed, but the bloom with long distance torps is retarded... a f'in monkey would have been able to tell that that wouldn't work even if they had play tested it ONCE.  F'in [edited].

• Cool 1