You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Any of you IJN dd players feeling the backlash?

8 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
375 posts
4,513 battles

Played 4 games tonight with T8-9 IJN dds (2 with the Akizuki, 2 with the Yagumo).  Was yelled at by my team early  for not attacking the closest cap.  I think that it's residual resentment over the fact that we held back during the recent flood of CVs in the game (BTW - highest plane count in a single ship (46) with the Akizuki - we still lost).  I think that the other players in the game feel like we abandoned them during the 2 CV games recently.  There is some truth to that.  I did not play my torp boats until the CVs thinned out.

Attached is one game tonight.  Was yelled at early in the game for not going straight for the 1st cap.  I was proven right, but never got any acknowledgement even after I went above the 100K damage and helped win the game for my team by capturing a second cap and having a devstrike on a BB in the process.

It  feels as if there is some latent anger against us IJN players.  Curious what you guys think.

Yugumo.JPG

[NOBS]
Members
1,033 posts
7,626 battles
4 minutes ago, AMajor said:

Played 4 games tonight with T8-9 IJN dds (2 with the Akizuki, 2 with the Yagumo).  Was yelled at by my team early  for not attacking the closest cap.  I think that it's residual resentment over the fact that we held back during the recent flood of CVs in the game (BTW - highest plane count in a single ship (46) with the Akizuki - we still lost).  I think that the other players in the game feel like we abandoned them during the 2 CV games recently.  There is some truth to that.  I did not play my torp boats until the CVs thinned out.

Attached is one game tonight.  Was yelled at early in the game for not going straight for the 1st cap.  I was proven right, but never got any acknowledgement even after I went above the 100K damage and helped win the game for my team by capturing a second cap and having a devstrike on a BB in the process.

It  feels as if there is some latent anger against us IJN players.  Curious what you guys think.

Yugumo.JPG

DD lose games, BB win games!

(Remember that and turn off in-game chat and do your thing)

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,289 posts
19,874 battles

And the present up-graded carriers is killing everything good in the game . Remember that ! ! ! 

[M-T-B]
Members
24 posts
4,426 battles

Survived a few battles in my Japanese Tier VIII & IX.  The Hot Fix threw the CV's for a loop so there's hope. Few DD's cap well at the moment. Expect "no" or "late" capping in the first 5 minutes there's just too much pressure on a Cap. The new mantra is "Dodge Everything"!!!

[WOLFC]
Members
376 posts
5,123 battles

95 games out of 100, nobody discusses anything in game beyond pleasantries like good luck and gga

[CVA16]
Members
2,802 posts
10,545 battles

Even before the CV rework, capping early was an iffy, very dangerous thing. Good way to get radared, focused and sent back to port with very little to show for it. Now you are additionally announcing your general location to the red CVs that are looking for a relatively undefended target. Tell the cruisers hiding in back that they are welcome to come cap if they are so sure it is so safe.

That said, you could set a trap by smoking an AA cruiser nearby and stepping on the CAP to see what shows up. But that means the cruiser is going to have to move up into the danger zone too. Just make sure the cruiser turns his AA off so the planes aren't warned early. Unfortunately, coordinating this in a non-division random battle can be tough.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
2,127 posts
10,692 battles
9 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

95 games out of 100, nobody discusses anything in game beyond pleasantries like good luck and gga

That is about reversed with me.  I always tell me team the general idea of what I intend to do, especially in a DD.  Have good punctuation, be polite and most of the time guys will follow my lead.  If not, so be it I do my own thing.

21 hours ago, AMajor said:

Yugumo.JPG

Nice game.

If something doesnt make sense to you, dont do it.  Trust your gut.

I got some Kagero videos coming up soon that you will like.

• Cool 1

Members
11 posts
6,348 battles

On most maps there is just no reason to be first into a cap, in my Yug l have to make sure of what opposition DD l’m fighting the cap for. I would say 75% of the time it’s a Fletcher...which I’m not getting into a gun battle with...spot and get help.