Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_5_6__2015

Cleaned my ships out.

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4
[J-F-F]
Members
35 posts
16,781 battles

Since the CV rework has caused so many issues and since WG gave us some time to change captain skills for free along with upgrades (which was a nice idea). I have gone through and removed all of both from  173 ships. The only ships left battle ready are tier 6 cruisers for the current Operation of the week. On Tuesday night of next week, I'll clean those off also and then wait for the dust to settle after hotfixes, public testing leading to updates and so on. I figure I will not play another Random battles again until mid summer once it all gets smoothed out. Right now it's just not fun when matchmaker gives one side two CVs with captain who know what they are doing and the other gets two morons who should never have raised above Hosho to begin with. Spending the first three minutes of battle dodging torps and then being sunk may be fun for the CV, but not for the other 10 players.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,571
[PSP]
Members
7,922 posts
10,490 battles
9 minutes ago, _5_6__2015 said:

Since the CV rework has caused so many issues and since WG gave us some time to change captain skills for free along with upgrades (which was a nice idea). I have gone through and removed all of both from  173 ships. The only ships left battle ready are tier 6 cruisers for the current Operation of the week. On Tuesday night of next week, I'll clean those off also and then wait for the dust to settle after hotfixes, public testing leading to updates and so on. I figure I will not play another Random battles again until mid summer once it all gets smoothed out. Right now it's just not fun when matchmaker gives one side two CVs with captain who know what they are doing and the other gets two morons who should never have raised above Hosho to begin with. Spending the first three minutes of battle dodging torps and then being sunk may be fun for the CV, but not for the other 10 players.

Took a while, didn't it? I did the same and I've far fewer ships than that. Until the rework settles down I'm only playing a few ships and leaving the rest of them unspec'd. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,599
[KSE]
Members
7,724 posts
8,049 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

Took a while, didn't it? I did the same and I've far fewer ships than that. Until the rework settles down I'm only playing a few ships and leaving the rest of them unspec'd. 

Just had you on a team in randoms. Saw your DM get wrecked, feelsbadman. o7

 

I'm doing the same, I have a few 19 pointers spec'd and maybe a coupe of 17-18 pointers, and that's it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,949
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

Took a while, didn't it? I did the same and I've far fewer ships than that. Until the rework settles down I'm only playing a few ships and leaving the rest of them unspec'd. 

The absolute best thing to do until things settle back down. I only have maybe 6 ships I am using right now and only 3 captains. All the rest of the fleet have no modules and none of the other captains have any skills assigned. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
119
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
259 posts

Keep in mind that the free respec has been extended to the 11th.

I will probably unspec a bunch of my rarely used ships and leave them for a while but I am not about to limit myself to just a few ships for several months.  It's not much money at all to pay for a respec.  I view it as a small price to pay for entertainment that I enjoy, several nights a week. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
598
[NOBS]
Members
1,014 posts
7,516 battles

I think it easier to just quit then to respec and remove modules from captains and boats. 

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[J-F-F]
Members
35 posts
16,781 battles
24 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Took a while, didn't it? I did the same and I've far fewer ships than that. Until the rework settles down I'm only playing a few ships and leaving the rest of them unspec'd. 

About 2 hours. I went through and removed captains first and then went back through taking of the modules. That way I wasn't going back and forth between the two screens on every ship one at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,599
[KSE]
Members
7,724 posts
8,049 battles
4 minutes ago, _5_6__2015 said:

About 2 hours. I went through and removed captains first and then went back through taking of the modules. That way I wasn't going back and forth between the two screens on every ship one at a time.

I didn't remove modules on my main account, but I did on my NA Alt and EU accounts. Both are reset to nothing mounted, no captains spec'd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[J-F-F]
Members
35 posts
16,781 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Keep in mind that the free respec has been extended to the 11th.

I will probably unspec a bunch of my rarely used ships and leave them for a while but I am not about to limit myself to just a few ships for several months.  It's not much money at all to pay for a respec.  I view it as a small price to pay for entertainment that I enjoy, several nights a week. 

That is true about the cost, unless you have to pay it many times for ships as hotfixes change the setup you might want. Now If there was a way to only change individual skills and not drop the whole lot, that might work out cost wise. But I have yet found a way to pick and choose one to change. If there is a way, please share it with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,926
[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,459 battles
41 minutes ago, _5_6__2015 said:

Since the CV rework has caused so many issues and since WG gave us some time to change captain skills for free along with upgrades (which was a nice idea). I have gone through and removed all of both from  173 ships. The only ships left battle ready are tier 6 cruisers for the current Operation of the week. On Tuesday night of next week, I'll clean those off also and then wait for the dust to settle after hotfixes, public testing leading to updates and so on. I figure I will not play another Random battles again until mid summer once it all gets smoothed out. Right now it's just not fun when matchmaker gives one side two CVs with captain who know what they are doing and the other gets two morons who should never have raised above Hosho to begin with. Spending the first three minutes of battle dodging torps and then being sunk may be fun for the CV, but not for the other 10 players.

 

If you wait until Tuesday, it will be after the free respec is over. It ends early morning Mon, Feb 11th.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update0801/

wDjDm9s.jpg

 

From before the respec was extended, it has been mentioned that there will be another around 8.2, which should be mid-Mar to mid-Apr.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/re-spec-my-authoritah/

unxxCId.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[HELLS]
Members
1,853 posts
17,981 battles

Done this with 10 ships and captains, another 86 to go. Keeping my 19-pointers spec'd and putting 7 of them in my T9s for Ranked. I am grinding to Amagi and Shiratsuyu to get up to the IJN BB and DD T10s, and trying to teach myself how to hit a target in an AA rich environment with Langley and Ranger in Co-op a couple of games per day each, and grinding the special upgrades for Worcester and Gearing. Once the RN CVs drop (after the current Ranked season ends, I expect), Langley and Ranger are gone and the other CV grind starts. If the game meta changes too much for my liking I may reduce my fleet down to the RN and Commonwealth ships only, plus my Premium ships, and let my premium account lapse when it expires at Christmas. I have reached the point where I only play in Randoms when I absolutely have to to meet a mission or challenge goal, maybe two or three games a day maximum. Many days I don't even play enough to get the three crates. Even the 200% first win bonus won't draw me in.

The last two updates sort of chilled my interest in gameplay with all the changes....too much at once..I do not like to be a guinea pig or a pincushion for what is a effectively a test on the live server...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles
9 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

...

If the game meta changes too much for my liking I may reduce my fleet down to the RN and Commonwealth ships only,

...

I've already liquidated everything except for my IJN CAs and Leander. I'll probably sell Leander when Exeter comes out, too.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles
12 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

I've already liquidated everything except for my IJN CAs and Leander. I'll probably sell Leander when Exeter comes out, too.

Ouch, I can't imagine doing that; I worked hard to get to almost 200 ships.  And, I copuld never let go of my beloved Leander (and Fiji, oh, and Perth).  I actually, I don't find a lot of the play too different.  The primary difference for me is that I can play CVs again - I am only up to tier 6 and put them in dry dock after trying to learn them almost two years ago.  I will get the T8 CVs this weekend so that I can assign Commanders for free, but probably not play them for a while until things settle down.  Right now it is suicide to fly near a T8 -T10 ship, from what I can tell.  Between Ranked, PvE, and operations, there is plenty for me to do.  I still have Musashi, Kron, Black, the Boise twins, and about 15 others I got from crates to learn to drive.  If it weren't from reading the forums, it would just be another set of skills to try to master for me, LOL.

The respec is nice because there are Commanders I have wanted to change around.  I have started to reset just about all of my Commanders and empty most of my ships, especially the Port Queens.  As I get around to playing a ship again, I will set her/him up.  I thought it was humorous when I came across a couple of ships during the Snowflake event that I had gutted the last time there was a free respec/retraining event.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles
7 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Ouch, I can't imagine doing that; I worked hard to get to almost 200 ships.  And, I copuld never let go of my beloved Leander (and Fiji, oh, and Perth).  I actually, I don't find a lot of the play too different.  The primary difference for me is that I can play CVs again - I am only up to tier 6 and put them in dry dock after trying to learn them almost two years ago.  I will get the T8 CVs this weekend so that I can assign Commanders for free, but probably not play them for a while until things settle down.  Right now it is suicide to fly near a T8 -T10 ship, from what I can tell.  Between Ranked, PvE, and operations, there is plenty for me to do.  I still have Musashi, Kron, Black, the Boise twins, and about 15 others I got from crates to learn to drive.  If it weren't from reading the forums, it would just be another set of skills to try to master for me, LOL.

I had Ryuujou before 0.8.0 and had all but given up on getting a refund, so that was pretty nice. I sold the majority of my Premium and Tech Tree ships, with the exception of Atago and the IJN CA line (Furutaka and up). I'm not a fan of BBs (I've played up to Nagato and Queen Elizabeth and owned Warspite and Hood), so I cleared them out as well after the rework. I tried to get into DDs, but I find torpedo-reliant ships to be more frustrating than fun, but I did enjoy gunboats like Akizuki, Błyskawica, and Haida.

IJN CAs haven't changed since 0.8.0 or even 0.8.0.1 as far as I can tell, and they're nimble enough to evade most incoming air strikes. I don't really enjoy UK CLs, but I need something to train Jack and Bert Dunkirk for when Exeter is release, so I've kept Leander around for the time being. I prefer her to Fiji, and I refuse to touch Edinburgh and up because going up against Midway and Hakuryu is infuriating, especially since the UK line doesn't have access to DefAA, and smoke doesn't deter the really good CVs from blind dropping you.

7 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

The respec is nice because there are Commanders I have wanted to change around.  I have started to reset just about all of my Commanders and empty most of my ships, especially the Port Queens.  As I get around to playing a ship again, I will set her/him up.  I thought it was humorous when I came across a couple of ships during the Snowflake event that I had gutted the last time there was a free respec/retraining event.

The respec is probably my second favorite thing about 0.8.0 (the first being the delicious forum salt mines). I'd been looking to reshuffle my captains, and I finally have a means to do so without spending a stupid amount of Elite Commander XP or Dubloons. I've reset all of my captains except for Jack Dunkirk and Yamamoto Isoroku, but I'll probably reset them before the free respecs end on Monday just so I can solidify my builds.

All in all, I'd say 0.8.0 is a net positive change for WG despite what the forum base seems to think. Just gotta wait for WG to finally balance the new CV and AA systems and the meta to settle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,935 battles

I just haven’t bothered loading up the game in two weeks. I miss it some, but not banging my head on the pavement. Wasting premium time, I guess. But not worth the aggravation, imo. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
777
[WOLF6]
Members
2,299 posts
5,124 battles
6 minutes ago, CatSnipah said:

I just haven’t bothered loading up the game in two weeks. I miss it some, but not banging my head on the pavement. Wasting premium time, I guess. But not worth the aggravation, imo. 

Same here. My premium expired 6 weeks ago and haven’t played since day 1 of 8.0. But I want to see the changes in Sims. And, because I am angry, I need to rage at WG and to do that, I need to keep up with the screw ups. But not paying for the “privilege”. Not another dime. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[HELLS]
Members
1,853 posts
17,981 battles
10 hours ago, WuYixiang said:

I've already liquidated everything except for my IJN CAs and Leander. I'll probably sell Leander when Exeter comes out, too.

Leander and Konigsberg are my best all-around ships, followed by Minotaur and Neptune, all at 50% winrate or higher. I'll probably get Exeter as a collector's item despite the fact she is probably going to be too weak even for T5 with her thin armor. In reality she was as well armored as the County class CAs that preceded her, and they took a lot of killing in battle. Just examine the battle damage it took to sink Dorsetshire, Cornwall and Canberra. WG's priorities never remotely resemble reality in any case...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,256
Members
20,696 posts
5,599 battles
12 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

I think it easier to just quit then to respec and remove modules from captains and boats. 

It is.

Of course, it's also easier to get a premium PornHub subscription than go out and meet a real girl, or eat 3 meals a day at McD's instead of cooking......

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
598
[NOBS]
Members
1,014 posts
7,516 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

It is.

Of course, it's also easier to get a premium PornHub subscription than go out and meet a real girl, or eat 3 meals a day at McD's instead of cooking......

Premium pornhub is over rated, youporn is free!

And what is this cooking you speak of?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[INTEL]
Members
1,014 posts
9,102 battles

I've despeced all of my AA boat captains and respeced then in a more generic way.  Then I've taken some reserve captains that I've never used and retrained them to my (former) AA ships.  Now I have two captains assigned to those and while the free respec is active I can play with AA builds on that 2nd captain.

This sounded like a good plan but in practice it not working out.  Why?  I'm not playing those ships in Randoms.  I can't test them in Co-op so they just sit.  I've switched almost entirely to Ranked and enjoying the heck out of it.  I run a few Co-ops at the end of the night if I want to get my final containers.   I'm playing fewer games overall and now I find that I have more 'free' time to do something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,256
Members
20,696 posts
5,599 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

And what is this cooking you speak of?

It's something my wife usually does...

Tastes better than McDonald's, cheaper, bigger portions, more convenient, (for me, I don't have to go anywhere lol) and the best part, you don't need to strap on a gas mask 2 hours later....:fish_boom:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles
1 hour ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Leander and Konigsberg are my best all-around ships, followed by Minotaur and Neptune, all at 50% winrate or higher. I'll probably get Exeter as a collector's item despite the fact she is probably going to be too weak even for T5 with her thin armor. In reality she was as well armored as the County class CAs that preceded her, and they took a lot of killing in battle. Just examine the battle damage it took to sink Dorsetshire, Cornwall and Canberra. WG's priorities never remotely resemble reality in any case...

She's actually strong at T5 and would even be a competitive T6 if she is released as-is. The armor is somewhat accurate (minus the barbettes and magazine armor).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles
13 hours ago, Thornir said:

Same here. My premium expired 6 weeks ago and haven’t played since day 1 of 8.0. But I want to see the changes in Sims. And, because I am angry, I need to rage at WG and to do that, I need to keep up with the screw ups. But not paying for the “privilege”. Not another dime. 

I would think it would be good to at least log on and reset your Commanders and unload your ships for free.  That way, when you calm down you can gloat on all the Doubloons you saved, LOL.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×