You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Few more questions

11 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,662 posts

Since the time to cash out of carriers has either expired or will expire in a few days, can we get an official statement on WoWS position on the rework 8.0 update hotfix status of carriers now? Is this what they're going to be going forward? 

Because as they stand right now - especially the T8 uptier into T10 AA and such, it's not a good time.

If your answer is yes, this is what its going to be going forward for a few releases, is it too late to get back all of the free xp and coins I spent "play testing" in the "live environment" with upgraded modules and such? If it's not too late, what day is the last, official day to get it all back. 

Do we even get it all back? 

Thanks for the official word. 

[1STBG]
Members
1,140 posts
4,850 battles

Can't tell of trolling. Get coins and fxp back? What made you think you would? 

Free respec/retraining/demounting was extended until the evening of 2/10. There will be another in 8.2. 

The hotfox was the first step in balancing CVs. It is ongoing. 

[PQUOD]
Members
1,036 posts
7,628 battles
9 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Free respec/retraining/demounting was extended until the evening of 2/10. There will be another in 8.2. 

Free captain retraining was extended to 2-10? I thought it was 2-8

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,662 posts
22 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

The ability to cash in your carriers if you did not like them was stated somewhere by a WoWS staffer, iirc, so not trolling. If I can get it back, it would be worth stepping back from the carriers for a while, as they are still play testing. Call it "balancing" if you like, but they are essentially utilizing the player base to do their QA testing for them. All this was - from what i've read by those who participated - fed back to WoWS during the PTS testing. They chose not to make the changes. Why? If all the stories are accurate, who knows? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,662 posts

Yeah, here... off the hotfix page in the main web portal: 

To allow you to adapt your Commanders and ships to the new carrier gameplay as comfortably as possible, from February 8 to February 11, you’ll be able to retrain your Commanders, redistribute their skill points and demount modernizations for free. This event includes all Commanders and ships, regardless of specialization or class.

As none of us know the final settings for AA(A) and such, I went through all my commanders (180+) and reset them to zero points used.  Why would I want to wait to do that since odds are things are going to change in the next week/month/etc... why pay to respec them in the future when I can reset them all now and simply wait for it all to get sorted out ?

WHich goes back to my question about cashing out the carriers. I'm not liking/enjoying the current carrier environment and want my "investment" back, as they wanted testing done in the live environment. I've done their "testing" and would now like my virtual stuff back. Some of course are very irritated in wasting (their words not mine) premium time "testing". 

Hope that clears it up. 

[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,463 battles
56 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Since the time to cash out of carriers has either expired or will expire in a few days, can we get an official statement on WoWS position on the rework 8.0 update hotfix status of carriers now? Is this what they're going to be going forward? 

Because as they stand right now - especially the T8 uptier into T10 AA and such, it's not a good time.

If your answer is yes, this is what its going to be going forward for a few releases, is it too late to get back all of the free xp and coins I spent "play testing" in the "live environment" with upgraded modules and such? If it's not too late, what day is the last, official day to get it all back. 

Do we even get it all back? 

Thanks for the official word. 

6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The ability to cash in your carriers if you did not like them was stated somewhere by a WoWS staffer, iirc, so not trolling. If I can get it back, it would be worth stepping back from the carriers for a while, as they are still play testing. Call it "balancing" if you like, but they are essentially utilizing the player base to do their QA testing for them. All this was - from what i've read by those who participated - fed back to WoWS during the PTS testing. They chose not to make the changes. Why? If all the stories are accurate, who knows? 

Cash out your CVs lasts until Mar 27th.

kvXoWUP.jpg

20 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Free captain retraining was extended to 2-10? I thought it was 2-8

It ends early morning Mon, Feb 11th.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update0801/

wDjDm9s.jpg

From before the respec was extended, it has been mentioned that there will be another around 8.2, which should be mid-Mar to mid-Apr.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/re-spec-my-authoritah/

unxxCId.jpg

[PQUOD]
Members
1,036 posts
7,628 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Cash out your CVs lasts until Mar 27th.

kvXoWUP.jpg

It ends early morning Mon, Feb 11th.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update0801/

wDjDm9s.jpg

From before the respec was extended, it has been mentioned that there will be another around 8.2, which should be mid-Mar to mid-Apr.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/re-spec-my-authoritah/

unxxCId.jpg

Thanks! :cap_like:

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,463 battles
8 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Thanks! :cap_like:

You are welcome :Smile_honoring:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,662 posts

Yes @Kizarvexis mucho thanks. I can now step back and not feel so rushed/hurried to make a choice...

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,463 battles
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yes @Kizarvexis mucho thanks. I can now step back and not feel so rushed/hurried to make a choice...

You are welcome.

I would not make any decisions on selling CVs until mid March. Especially, Saipan and Kaga. You get back 9,500 doubloons, but when they are sold again in 8.2, they will be 14,000 doubloons.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles
31 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I would not make any decisions on selling CVs until mid March. Especially, Saipan and Kaga. You get back 9,500 doubloons, but when they are sold again in 8.2, they will be 14,000 doubloons.

As someone who hates the rework I agree with this. If the only thing that is bothering you about the new carriers is balance, hang on to them. Personally I hate the new FPS perspective (and it makes me a bit nauseous) so I dumped mine because the mechanics are pretty well set and will not change. If you do decide to sell your tech tree carriers, hang on to the tier 4s. All the ship xp from the higher tier CVs will end up on those. If you sell the Langley or Hosho, all that ship xp gets dumped on the tier 1 ship which IMHO is worthless. Keeping a million or two ship xp on the low tier carriers allows you to immediately unlock the tier 6, or later the tier 5, carriers should you have a change of heart. BTW what I have done is unlock and purchase the tier 6 while keeping my Langley. The way I figure it is when they eventually release a tier 5 carrier, will have enough ship xp to get it too. Not that I want to play any of them, but should I need one for some reward mission, will have them available to use.