Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LupusMalum

WG, Can the Saipian please get its orginal planes back.

39 comments in this topic

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles

The Saipan selling point was high tier aircraft, now that it has been giving some of the slowest planes in existence with a very low hanger capacity, it kinda sucks now

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
761 posts
6,798 battles
12 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

The Saipan selling point was high tier aircraft, now that it has been giving some of the slowest planes in existence with a very low hanger capacity, it kinda sucks now

It has tier X planes that are far from slow.  It has a small hangar because the ship is the size of a crab boat.  The gimmick it had before is still the gimmick it has now - up tiered small squads.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
97 posts

With the latest hotfix they need to in crease the alpha or decrees plane respawn time, it's gotten the worst nerf from all CVS in game due to the hotfix. It long respawn times is 2 times more punishing with the in crease to AA buff. The smaller squads size is double impacted from this and the f spam change. As of now you are forced to fire into the water 2 times then attack to by pass the change. 

If this is the path going forward I'll be definitely selling it back, but because dabloons were nerf to uselessness by cash ships, coal/steel ships, I will prolly stop all future cash on this game and ride f2p train as I don't like being made a fool of twice. 

Wargaming is show it's true colors with this and the GC nerf. They think players don't realize what they did to the cash shop by trying to make all the best ships not purchaseable with dabloons. Then they will run into history as brothers to EA and Blizzard and company's that follow this business model.

• Cool 2

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles
8 minutes ago, galspanic said:

It has tier X planes that are far from slow.  It has a small hangar because the ship is the size of a crab boat.  The gimmick it had before is still the gimmick it has now - up tiered small squads.

The pre 8.0 Saipan had Vought F4 U-1 Corsairs with a real-world speed of 387.563 knots and Douglas A2D Skyshark Attack Planes which have a real-world speed of  435.3 knots. I know the real world speed may not have been used in the game, But I am not able to find that info of the in-game speed of the planes before the 8.0. After 8.0 the Saipan has F8F Bearcats with a cruise speed of 180 and max of  244 knots, while its attack planes are now BTD Destroyers with a cruising speed of 134 knots and a max speed of 188 knots. So Galspanic, you have no clue what you are talking about, good SIr.

• Cool 1

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles

The pre 8.0 Saipan had Vought F4 U-1 Corsairs with a real-world speed of 387.563 knots and Douglas A2D Skyshark Attack Planes which have a real-world speed of  435.3 knots. I know the real world speed may not have been used in the game, But I am not able to find that info of the in-game speed of the planes before the 8.0. After 8.0 the Saipan has F8F Bearcats with a cruise speed of 180 and max of  244 knots, while its attack planes are now BTD Destroyers with a cruising speed of 134 knots and a max speed of 188 knots. 

Edited by LupusMalum

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles

Dang, glad I sold mine now. The ship sounds perfectly pathetic especially with the new style of play.

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles

I am not happy with the treatment the Saipan received.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles

You have to do it from "Inventory" screen, there is a special spot near the bottom left just for carriers. CAUTION do not sell you tier 4 tech tree cvs. All the xp from the higher tier ships drops down to the next lessor carrier. When you sell your tier 6's, all the ship xp from all the other carriers is now on your tier 4. If you sell it, all that ship xp goes to the tier 1 boats which is worthless IMHO. You don't get much for your tier 4 carriers anyways. Keeping a Langley or Hosho with millions of ship xp allows you to immediately get the tier 6 should you want it or whenever they add tier 5s back to the game. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Funny 1

[WOLF6]
Members
761 posts
6,798 battles
13 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

The pre 8.0 Saipan had Vought F4 U-1 Corsairs with a real-world speed of 387.563 knots and Douglas A2D Skyshark Attack Planes which have a real-world speed of  435.3 knots. I know the real world speed may not have been used in the game, But I am not able to find that info of the in-game speed of the planes before the 8.0. After 8.0 the Saipan has F8F Bearcats with a cruise speed of 180 and max of  244 knots, while its attack planes are now BTD Destroyers with a cruising speed of 134 knots and a max speed of 188 knots. So Galspanic, you have no clue what you are talking about, good SIr.

What part don't I have a clue about?  You just threw numbers at me that are really fast compared to other CVs at tier 8.  The boat got bumped up a tier and the planes got bumped a tier.  They are faster than they used to be.  Seriously, what part am I missing - that it's a digital game piece and should have some reverence to the thing that it's somewhat based on??

EDIT:  Each plane has 2 torpedoes too... I can't find the others right now but the Saipan shoots a comparable number of fish with each run, yeah?

Edited by galspanic

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles
6 minutes ago, galspanic said:

What part don't I have a clue about?  You just threw numbers at me that are really fast compared to other CVs at tier 8.  The boat got bumped up a tier and the planes got bumped a tier.  They are faster than they used to be.  Seriously, what part am I missing - that it's a digital game piece and should have some reverence to the thing that it's somewhat based on??

EDIT:  Each plane has 2 torpedoes too... I can't find the others right now but the Saipan shoots a comparable number of fish with each run, yeah?

You don't have a clue about the speeds which I included in the quote you used from me. Please go back and try to comprehend,  thank you Kind Sir. I have played 500 games in the Saipan, pre-nerf so I have a little bit of an idea of what I am talking about.

Edited by LupusMalum
  • Cool 1

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles
Just now, _no_one_ said:

Balance reasons. They are already fast from a gameplay point of view.

No, they are very slow. 

• Cool 1

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles

Thank you for the response, what will I get back if I refund the Saipan.

Members
20,698 posts
5,599 battles
3 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

Almost positive the same doubloons you paid when you bought, it, but it might be the current price, if there's any difference.

Edited by Skpstr

[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles
6 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

No, they are very slow. 

Really? let me compare with the Hak:

attack planes max speed : 223 knots

torpedo planes max speed : 203 knots

Dive bomber planes max speed : 213 knots

Now compare this values with the speed values in the saipan planes and tell me if that is not balanced.

Edited by _no_one_

[WOLF2]
Members
260 posts
5,571 battles
5 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

9600 I think

Beta Testers
97 posts

Doesn't matter what planes or speeds are, wargaming has stated over again and again this is a VideoGame not a historical documentation on WWII equipment. 

They will use what they want for balance issues as they see fit. Else every one would play they same faction due to the most op gear available.

I'm just glade they didn't use the same model for ever CV with a reskin. I'd be pissed if all models looked the same except the skins .... be awesome every driving a generic boat but having a blue one a red one and a yellow with strips...cause it's premium you know.

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles
2 minutes ago, lucifier said:

Doesn't matter what planes or speeds are, wargaming has stated over again and again this is a VideoGame not a historical documentation on WWII equipment. 

They will use what they want for balance issues as they see fit. Else every one would play they same faction due to the most op gear available.

I'm just glade they didn't use the same model for ever CV with a reskin. I'd be pissed if all models looked the same except the skins .... be awesome every driving a generic boat but having a blue one a red one and a yellow with strips...cause it's premium you know.

I think you missed the point I am trying to make, and I also think you lack the perspective to have a rational conversation with.

Beta Testers
97 posts

Kinda a redundant post as this topic was posted a hour before this one. Use the search function it's forum basics one.

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles
6 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

9600 I think

thank you for the info

[TMDA]
Members
286 posts
13,643 battles
2 minutes ago, lucifier said:

Kinda a redundant post as this topic was posted a hour before this one. Use the search function it's forum basics one.

FU

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,379 posts
18,758 battles
4 minutes ago, lucifier said:

I’m just glade they didn't use the same model for ever CV with a reskin. I'd be pissed if all models looked the same except the skins .... be awesome every driving a generic boat but having a blue one a red one and a yellow with strips...cause it's premium you know.

Cardboard boxes with fancy skins and dime store balsa gliders ftw baby!

Won’t sell my Saipan.

Looking more and more like I’ll never play it again, but won’t sell it.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
97 posts
1 minute ago, LupusMalum said:

I think you missed the point I am trying to make, and I also think you lack the perspective to have a rational conversation with.

And I don't think you can read English.

I already told you why it doesn't matter what planes are on it...it is a Game.

Go out side your room and you'll see that is reality out there.

• Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Members
260 posts
5,571 battles
2 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

thank you for the info

its 9500 sorry

inventory.png

refund saipan.png

Sign in to follow this