You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

I Think That I Can Definitely Say...

161 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,044 posts

I think that I've played enough CVs that I've come to the conclusion that the rework of the rework has failed miserably. I'm shelving CVs until the next hotfix because they are nearly impossible to play now.

I get deplaned in my Midway if I try to attack anyone in the first ten minutes of the game and it's boring as heck, not to mention a drain on my credits, to spend most of the game just flying around and spotting. Only if the team is good and have "softened up" the enemy in the late game can I even make an attack run without losing a full squadron.

Essentially playing only half a match, I can only get about 20k or so damage, not nearly enough to even break even credit-wise, even on a Premium account. Sure, I might break even if I bought perma camo, a premium account, and ran every credit flag available but what's the point. It's no fun playing a class that can do little or no damage for most of the game.

I thoroughly enjoy the new CV mechanic. It's the overwhelming AA that's made it impossible to play right now though.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles

Nooo! You must keep trying little Snarg! Choose isolated targets. Defend DDs from rocket strikes. Focus fire is still the key. If you push a cruiser to go broadside or a destroyer out of smoke that is a win. Like a destroyer believe it or not with CVs damage isn't everything. Harassment. The scream of your engines will often scramble a player, as it did in times gone past.  

• Cool 1

[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,458 posts
5,626 battles

Come on Snargle, shouldn't you just suck it up and play the game?  You know, like how you told all DD players to?

• Cool 20
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 4

Members
129 posts
360 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I thoroughly enjoy the new CV mechanic. It's the overwhelming AA that's made it impossible to play right now though.

could be worse...just sayin'

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
5 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Come on Snargle, shouldn't you just suck it up and play the game?  You know, like how you told all DD players to?

See? Do you want players like this to enjoy your tears?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,885 posts

Wait a week so the next hotfix will balance it out somewhat.

Until then, enjoy revenge on op CVS from week one.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,714 posts
10,071 battles
11 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

He was right then and he's right now 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SALTY]
Members
339 posts
5,488 battles
6 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

The rework changes absolutely nothing about CV-DD interactions apart from taking away the ability to alpha strike the DD out of existence in exchange for rockets that deal reliable harassing damage.

Previously you could be perma lit by CVs if your own CV was an idiot and AA wasn't good enough to chase them off save for a few builds

Previously you could be outright deleted in one strike if the other CV knew how to cross drop

Previously double CV games weren't much fun for DDs

Previously you could manually drop into smoke if you really wanted to

CVs always hard countered DDs. Your only option pre rework was to smoke up and hope that the CV doesn't waste his strike on you. This wasn't a larger problem because of the low CV population. The majority of the DD tears are unfounded or are a result of the increased CV population, not drastic shifts in the meta. See crying about radar when it's the only thing keeping DDs from dominating a flank in high tier play.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,299 posts
7,997 battles

I can still pull more than 100k damage every game. Keep trying, it's a learning experience. You'll get it eventually.

• Bad 2

[PSP]
Members
8,044 posts

I've been in three matches with CVs since I posted this and all of them, on both teams, have said that they are done playing CVs until the massive AA problem is fixed. I rally am beginning to wonder if WG even tests this stuff in house before releasing it. First, the Haka was completely broken on the OP side and now the USN line is almost as broken on the UP side.

Playin a non-CV ship, I am now seeing a 4-1 ration of no CVs vs CVs in games. WG better fix this fast of there will be no CV players left. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[INTEL]
Members
9,289 posts
26,978 battles
20 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Bingo.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,714 battles

Ah, ye old whipsaw action. T8-T10 is now pretty much beta testing on the live server. It is what it is. Not envious of the developers right now. I do wish them luck.

As mentioned earlier, now is all the non CV players payback time with buffed AA.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,533 posts
6,614 battles
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've been in three matches with CVs since I posted this and all of them. on both teams have said that they are done playing CVs until the massive AA problem is fixed. I rally am beginning to wonder if WG even tests this stuff in house before releasing it. 

It's almost like they saw a great furor on their forums, streams, reddit, and twitter, coupled with videos posted by official CCs demonstrating the obvious exploits in the original patch, and then rushed to do something just for the sake of trying.  And now, in the next hotfix or patch or whatever they end up calling it, they'll dial the AA back a bit and eventually, maybe find a balance that will get all sides complaining equally. :Smile_trollface:

And yes, the irony of seeing you saying these things is not lost on me.

Edited by Harv72b
2 hours sleep over 2 days = mistakes
  • Cool 2

[-BUI-]
Members
562 posts
2,537 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Ah, ye old whipsaw action. T8-T10 is now pretty much beta testing on the live server. It is what it is. Not envious of the developers right now. I do wish them luck.

As mentioned earlier, now is all the non CV players payback time with buffed AA.

I dunno how you expect to get "payback" when the people who were playing CV are just NOT playing CV instead.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,714 battles
Just now, Zenn3k said:

I dunno how you expect to get "payback" when the people who were playing CV are just NOT playing CV instead.

Indirectly, they aren't killing you with endless death by a thousand cuts. Harvesting not only your hp but also your entire repair hp as well till your bled to zero. While they are getting 200K and 300K damage games.

[PSP]
Members
8,044 posts

Here was the gist of conversation in the match just now, no CVs.

image.png.ec38965f98cfb1f84267b579638c6f6c.png

I don't use Reddit but they also said that the WG subreddit was "on fire,"

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles

This is a war against the close-minded CV haters. If people don't try to enjoy CVs certain number chasers will splat their creamy stuff all over their LCD. This is a live test. It has been for a week now. If players don't want to participate they will have no influence whatsoever. Granted any influence any given player has, aside from perhaps CCs, is very mild but it is still enjoyable to progress the game into a different phase. 

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BBMOD]
[BBMOD]
Members
49 posts
3,175 battles
34 minutes ago, SWANK_BOWZER said:

could be worse...just sayin'

USS Missouri in her Gulf War fit please WG please?

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles

It's pretty stupid at tier 10.  Having played a ton of games both as a surface ship and as a CV, at tier 10 this is way worse than it was prior to the hotfix for any surface ship.  But whatever.  Why adapt when you can cry it into happening.

T6 is still pretty awesome, Ranger and Ryujo are both decent assuming you aren't bottom tier, same as before.

• Bad 1

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles
6 minutes ago, RicketyEdge said:

USS Missouri in her Gulf War fit please WG please?

Sure, give me the Gulf War Midway refit and you have a deal.  I'll take Hornets and Intruders for your CWIS lol.

Edited by Paul_Revere735
  • Funny 1

[CHBK]
Members
407 posts
2,311 battles

Its simply going to be impossible for them to balance cvs in a manner that makes everyone happy.  I see many people post that they have the magic bullet to fix everything, but no.  Your magic bullet will still piss a part of theplayerbase off. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,174 posts
8,255 battles
11 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Will someone please tell the surface ships that you have better AA and the deathball isn't needed for every match?

Was on Mountain Range, and it's me, a Henri, and the CV at A cap.   Rest of the team speeds to B/C.

The red CV is attacking us three at A, and does so the WHOLE MATCH.

Look at the B/C caps.  Both red.   My team is in a green ball behind a mountain at C.    REALLY?    No idea why they need AA when us three are the ones getting planes sent at us.

They got our CV, and the Henri finally succumbed.   The score looked like a co-op match 850-5.    Fortunately, it ended.

Next match was the same.   I'm at C cap.    I see the red CV over at A.    He's over there, boys, let's push C.

The team pulls behind our mountain and forms the ball.     3 red caps to none.  

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
4 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Its simply going to be impossible for them to balance cvs in a manner that makes everyone happy.  I see many people post that they have the magic bullet to fix everything, but no.  Your magic bullet will still piss a part of theplayerbase off. 

Kinda true. Then again every change pisses players off. Players who habitually get pissed off will always get...pissed off. Why did the condom fly across the room? Because it was pissed off. 

Edited by Sumseaman

Members
2,077 posts
8,128 battles
45 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I think that I've played enough CVs that I've come to the conclusion that the rework of the rework has failed miserably. I'm shelving CVs until the next hotfix because they are nearly impossible to play now.

I get deplaned in my Midway if I try to attack anyone in the first ten minutes of the game and it's boring as heck, not to mention a drain on my credits, to spend most of the game just flying around and spotting. Only if the team is good and have "softened up" the enemy in the late game can I even make an attack run without losing a full squadron.

Essentially playing only half a match, I can only get about 20k or so damage, not nearly enough to even break even credit-wise, even on a Premium account. Sure, I might break even if I bought perma camo, a premium account, and ran every credit flag available but what's the point. It's no fun playing a class that can do little or no damage for most of the game.

I can confirm everything @Snargfargle said, playing CVs myself and seeing what other CVs are going through is ridiculous.  I witnessed multiple CV players that said they won't be playing CVs anymore, some said they will move on to a different game altogether.  I also liked the concept of flying single squadron and not having to directly oppose CVs on opposing team, but it's exceptionally unrewarding to play CVs after the hotfix.  I am done with CVs for now.

[NSEW]
Members
719 posts
9,060 battles
11 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

This is a war against the close-minded CV haters. If people don't try to enjoy CVs certain number chasers will splat their creamy stuff all over their LCD. This is live test. It has been for a week now. If players don't want to participate they will have no influence whatsoever. Granted any influence any given player, aside form perhaps CCs, is very mild but it is still enjoyable to progress the game into a different phase. 

Sorry, was this a choice? Could we have opted out or opted in with PTS? Perhaps, participating in the  PTS didn't have enough rewards for the general/mass public could be a culprit; just a thought. Quite certain that there are many more.

Whilst it may be "enjoyable to progress the game into a different phase" for select groups here (I'm not oblivious to change, I do not mind it).  The thought of forcing the so called 'live test' to the public without a choice is what irks me. How about this. What ever happens to the users who paid Premium time to play the game and not to be forced into the 'live test' as you may suggest? That is the purpose of the Public Test Server is it not?

Edited by LowSpeed_US