You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

CV Feedback from the T4 Grind

13 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,205 posts
13,787 battles

Got harder today.  Let's just say it's been kinda brutal running the T4 CV line today.  Losing lots of planes.  

Edit: Played several more games today, and things got a bit better.  If I recollect correctly, the T3/4 matches seemed to be OK.  The T5 matches....those were tough.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,481 posts
12,162 battles
Just now, Soshi_Sone said:

Got harder today.  Let's just say it's been kinda brutal running the T4 CV line today.  Losing lots of planes.  

I doubt they will leave it where it is, it is almost like they went to far on purpose and will find that happy medium in the next hot fix, what it might intentionally do tho is drive away people from the cv line grinding if they are not able to do the damage

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,437 posts
10,147 battles

Yeah, ran my Hosho earlier today and it was just like before the patch. Just ran my Langley and got my but kicked although it didn't help that the enemy was staying in a big ball and were mostly tier 5.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,436 posts
16,049 battles

My little Kaga was struggling to stay competitive.  She is now parked.

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,437 posts
10,147 battles

The October Revolution has become an AA beast, wth?

[PQUOD]
Members
1,047 posts
7,636 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Actually when it very first came out. It was a pain to deal with from a CV perspective. It wasn't Texas or PEF pre 8.0., but a pain none the less, it flamed planes. Some where along the way it seemed to got nerfed just a bit before the rework.

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,437 posts
10,147 battles
Just now, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Actually when it very first came out. It was a pain to deal with from a CV perspective. It wasn't Texas or PEF pre 8.0., but a pain none the less, it flamed planes. Some where along the way it seemed to got nerfed just a bit before the rework.

Yeah but yesterday I could attack it with a tier 4 with some chance of being able to attack more than once. Today though it wipes planes out like the 1933 King Kong swatting planes out of the sky.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,047 posts
7,636 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah but yesterday I could attack it with a tier 4 with some chance of being able to attack more than once. Today though it wipes planes out like the 1933 King Kong swatting planes out of the sky.

Yikes.

I've been sailing pretty much exclusive Ranked. I was frustrated trying to learn the new cv meta. I was a detriment to the team I was on in.... Co-op!

Had to grow a extra layer of leather like skin for some of the salt storms in Ranked. A friend from my clan got on today and wanted to do randoms. We smoked T9 in double Fletchers. Don't know if the competiveness of Ranked helped or if it was just a lucky day in random but the harder game play seemed to have helped.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,849 posts
11,307 battles

Oh, don't worry, it gets ridiculously harder in T6.

It's almost as if WG wants you to use FXP to bypass up to T10

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,205 posts
13,787 battles
13 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I ran a full air spec't OR pre 8, and put up some really good numbers.  For a T5, she was (is?) a potent AA machine.

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,437 posts
10,147 battles
28 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I ran a full air spec't OR pre 8, and put up some really good numbers.  For a T5, she was (is?) a potent AA machine.

Part of how nasty I found it was because of the tier difference, Tier 4 to tier 5. We have always had the scaling issue but the AA rework and the tweak to flak has magnified the issue.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,205 posts
13,787 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Part of how nasty I found it was because of the tier difference, Tier 4 to tier 5. We have always had the scaling issue but the AA rework and the tweak to flak has magnified the issue.

Yes.  T5 AA tends to melt my T4 planes.  I can handle most T4 OK...and many T3 are sitting ducks outside a protective bubble.