You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Losing Credits by Running Midway

23 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles

OK..  So it's harder to make drops, and I'm missing shots when the cursor isn't ready...   But seriously????

If you are going to blast away my planes like they are water...   HOW ABOUT DROPPING THE REPAIR PRICE ????

I can take the waiting.  I can adapt to the tougher game...   But with PREMIUM ACCOUNT..  PREMIUM $25 CAMO..  I shouldn't be losing credits like this...

And no..  I'm not playing badly.  Two of these, I was top of the team..  but it costs me in planes to get the job done anymore...

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingD.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingC.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingB.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingA.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngaging.jpg

• Funny 1

[O7]
Members
738 posts
13,616 battles

Based on the XP numbers in those screenshots, it would appear that your battle contribution is not high enough to warrant turning a profit. I am not trying to flame, but simply say that with the change to CV economy and XP gain that came with 0.8.0, losing credits like this with premium and modifiers you show, is only possible if you do almost no damage all game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles
18 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Based on the XP numbers in those screenshots, it would appear that your battle contribution is not high enough to warrant turning a profit. I am not trying to flame, but simply say that with the change to CV economy and XP gain that came with 0.8.0, losing credits like this with premium and modifiers you show, is only possible if you do almost no damage all game.

You asked a question:

This goes with the top one where I lost 5K ....    I get better damage numbers off torpedoes if I was using the T2 Smith.

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingF.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingE.jpg

Edited by AVR_Project

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
17 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

This and tier 10 is a money loser unless you have the permanent camouflage and premium time or have exceptional matches. You may want to go down to 8 or even 6 to work on getting better which is why I am not pushing hard at all to finish the teir 6's.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,456 posts
9,384 battles

Ehm, you're playing T10 coop and doing 30k dmg... yeah you're not making money no matter what modifiers you're using.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
10,074 posts

Midway is pretty bad in coop because the matches end fast with fewer ships to shoot. CVs need time to stack Dots and such.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,789 posts
2,486 battles

You're playing T10 Coop, you make peanuts anyway. And your damage is, shall we just say inadequate to make much money. Premium and camo you only need to do respectable at T10 to come out ahead. Coop you need to do a bit better than average. But you're not playing well enough to make a profit.

Now you may argue that with CVs screwed up the way they are, how are you to do decent damage. All I can say there is WG has screwed things up, and for a while at least things are going to remained screwed up. It's going to be rough for everyone for a bit (hopefully only a bit). But the economy at least is working as intended.

Also, if you want to make money, don't play coop. Random, Ops, Ranked, Clan, anything but coop. You might not like it, but that's how it is.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This and tier 10 is a money loser unless you have the permanent camouflage and premium time or have exceptional matches. You may want to go down to 8 or even 6 to work on getting better which is why I am not pushing hard at all to finish the teir 6's.

That's just it.  They Balanced Co-Op on PTS against bots, given the economy with the way the ships were.  That was a reliable set...  Co-OP Performance was perfectly balanced and verified before they changed the ships TODAY.

Now they unbalanced Co-Op.  The entire economic system has to be reevaluated, retested, and rebalanced.

I didn't see any complaints that Co-Op was too easy..  On the contrary, folks were complaining how tough it was...   It was tough.  Now it's just sickening that an op can do well and work hard...  and still lose credits..

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,418 posts
10,140 battles

Ah, I haven't been in co-op for awhile.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
428 posts
5,241 battles
47 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

But with PREMIUM ACCOUNT..  PREMIUM $25 CAMO..  I shouldn't be losing credits like this...

And no..  I'm not playing badly.  Two of these, I was top of the team..  but it costs me in planes to get the job done anymore...

I posted about this a couple of days ago. the earnings seem (to me at least) changed (nerfed). I saw it when I placed 4th in a winning random battle and only made 50k credits. if I didn't have premium I would have lost 5k - ranked 4th ON A WIN!. that means more than 1/2 the WINNING team lost money in a t9 battle. 

I am really surprised more people don't notice... I bet many don't even consider the issue yet because the main summary screen only shows gross profit and a player has to go to a different tab to see the net. The hit seems to be harder to the tech tree ships.  The premiums still earn decent credits. Id like to know if Missou players see a change in their earnings.  

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles

21K damage for 7 torpedoes.  Before today -- 7 torpedo hits was 32K before the nerf..   spec now is 5367.

7K damage for 5 tiny-tim rockets

That's 3K damage per torpedo hit..  and they are nearly impossible to cone down anymore.  One AA burst and it spreads out again.

The whole aiming system is whacked out today.  I had to abort a lot of approaches.

Beta Testers
101 posts
2,102 battles

CO-OP isn't for making credits/xp, CO-OP is for tinkering around with loadouts, new ships, and whatnot.  If you could make crazy stupid credits and XP, nobody would play random.  And if high tiers ALWAYS made credits, nobody would play mid tiers, thereby wrecking the WG player model and economy.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Try tier 8 he says....   OK....  Targeting is even more screwed up there...   and aborting those approaches is even MORE expensive.

And for those who think I should be playing Random -- GO AWAY !!   I'm here to relax and have fun, not abuse other players.

But this is taking the fun out of a game that SHOULD be fun...   you know...   THE REASON WE ARE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE ????

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingH.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingG.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
8 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Try tier 8 he says....   OK....  Targeting is even more screwed up there...   and aborting those approaches is even MORE expensive.

And for those who think I should be playing Random -- GO AWAY !!   I'm here to relax and have fun, not abuse other players.

But this is taking the fun out of a game that SHOULD be fun...   you know...   THE REASON WE ARE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE ????

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingH.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingG.jpg

I just gave my best suggestion, good luck.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I just gave my best suggestion, good luck.

Made credits on this one...   The chat got very salty for a Co-Op...   They want CVs banned from there since we are causing all these losses...

Let's see...  I'm a T8 in a T9 battle...  hmmmmm....

Discovered something rather strange.  I snuck the CV across the map into the bot spawn area.  The bots refused to come back to their side of the map once they crossed the center.  Might want to try that again.

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingK.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingJ.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingI.jpg

• Cool 1

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,550 battles

I was about to write a thread of my own about this, after using up the vast majority of my credit and free XP refunds from WG on the Midway. Usually with a new carrier I play her in co-op to get the feel for her, then take her into randoms bit by bit. Is that a good strategy? Thanks!

[WOLFD]
Members
111 posts
3,249 battles

imo, skip coop, waste of tiime, trial by 🔥 fire, 

You will fight like you train, and co-op is a terrible way to train

Edited by SkeletonDenial

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,985 posts
4,714 battles
On 2/7/2019 at 4:16 PM, AVR_Project said:

OK..  So it's harder to make drops, and I'm missing shots when the cursor isn't ready...   But seriously????

If you are going to blast away my planes like they are water...   HOW ABOUT DROPPING THE REPAIR PRICE ????

I can take the waiting.  I can adapt to the tougher game...   But with PREMIUM ACCOUNT..  PREMIUM $25 CAMO..  I shouldn't be losing credits like this...

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingD.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingC.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingB.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngagingA.jpg

2_7_19_FunAndEngaging.jpg

In case you haven't noticed the Midway service cost is 63k credits with a -65% reduction in co op mode......when it should've been 47,250 credits.

You're basically paying a PvP mode service cost while getting co op earnings which makes the credit income even worse than the other ships.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles
52 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

In case you haven't noticed the Midway service cost is 63k credits with a -65% reduction in co op mode......when it should've been 47,250 credits.

You're basically paying a PvP mode service cost while getting co op earnings which makes the credit income even worse than the other ships.

It has improved quite a bit since I posted this.  Guess they heard all the wailing and gnashing of teeth after their first 'hot-fix'.

Second 'Hot-Fix' took out a multitude of mistakes.  Midway is again running in the Green.

Enterprise, however, continues to be a disappointment.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,985 posts
4,714 battles
On 2/15/2019 at 2:07 PM, AVR_Project said:

It has improved quite a bit since I posted this.  Guess they heard all the wailing and gnashing of teeth after their first 'hot-fix'.

Second 'Hot-Fix' took out a multitude of mistakes.  Midway is again running in the Green.

Enterprise, however, continues to be a disappointment.

The service cost is still not fixed for co op and so they're stuck with pvp service costs while trying to make net credits in co op particularly in tier 8/10 CVs without the use of camos, flags, etc

Members
179 posts
382 battles

You're playing Co-op, the credit rewards are significantly less than for PvP, a fact you should have known long ago.

However, I play T10 all the time in co-op, without permacamos for the vast majority of my ships, and I virtually never lose credits. So, you're obviously not contributing as much as you think you are. In fact your own screencaps show you're barely doing anything at all, for any ship over T2, let alone a T10 CV.

The problem isn't the economy, the problem is you're pretty much doing no damage.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles
4 hours ago, Th3KrimzonDemon said:

You're playing Co-op, the credit rewards are significantly less than for PvP, a fact you should have known long ago.

However, I play T10 all the time in co-op, without permacamos for the vast majority of my ships, and I virtually never lose credits. So, you're obviously not contributing as much as you think you are. In fact your own screencaps show you're barely doing anything at all, for any ship over T2, let alone a T10 CV.

The problem isn't the economy, the problem is you're pretty much doing no damage.

Actually it's not me.

YOU are what's wrong with this game.

WG did a major rework of the CV component.  Somehow, you must be living under a rock not to know this.

Because of the change, I couldn't do any damage..  Planes melted away effortlessly - furthering the costs.

They have since rebalanced the AA and now I can do damage.. and thus can survive long enough to drop a few extra torpedoes.

So all that's left is the biased, trite, condescending poison that folks like you spew about the forums.

WG needs to be told about these problems.  And since I am just trying to help, I can take the criticism.  Can you?

Members
10 posts
1,751 battles
On 2/7/2019 at 8:02 PM, AJTP89 said:

You're playing T10 Coop, you make peanuts anyway. And your damage is, shall we just say inadequate to make much money. Premium and camo you only need to do respectable at T10 to come out ahead. Coop you need to do a bit better than average. But you're not playing well enough to make a profit.

Now you may argue that with CVs screwed up the way they are, how are you to do decent damage. All I can say there is WG has screwed things up, and for a while at least things are going to remained screwed up. It's going to be rough for everyone for a bit (hopefully only a bit). But the economy at least is working as intended.

Also, if you want to make money, don't play coop. Random, Ops, Ranked, Clan, anything but coop. You might not like it, but that's how it is.

I agree partially with your complaint that a bit more of a reward would be nice, but as said above you're playing COOP nothing is ever made in that mode think of coop as testing platform its basically used when you can't find enough people to battle in random.