You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sbels

PETITION TO RETURN CVs TO PRE REWORK

38 comments in this topic

[TAW]
Members
9 posts
2,888 battles

please comment to this post with a positive if you would like to see CVs returned to their former play style 

if you have ideas for tweaks to said style please post them here also

Thank you

• Cool 8
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 27
  • Angry 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,319 posts
5,016 battles

you miss getting nuked by graf zeps and midways with one strike, right?this is masochism.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[FBXGC]
Members
335 posts
2,162 battles

While I appreciate that you miss the old style CV's, they aren't coming back. WG has a vision(However right or wrong it may be) and they will progress forward. The only thing you can do at this point is quit or try to give as much feedback as possible to make the best of it. I, for one, have chosen the latter.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,753 posts
4,553 battles

Do not want.  I prefer having four ship types that I am capable of playing in the game.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,890 posts
10,762 battles

Of all the suggestions to fix CV, this has to be the dumbest one.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,477 battles

Crazy talk.

Animated GIF

[WOLFB]
Members
2,097 posts
9,537 battles

So basically you want to have back unavoidable Dev Strike and map perma spotting...

[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,714 battles
5 minutes ago, Sbels said:

please comment to this post with a positive if you would like to see CVs returned to their former play style 

Thank you

I feel your pain. I personally prefer the pre 8.0 but it's gone forever. If you have old screen shots cherish them.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,084 posts
7 minutes ago, Sbels said:

Thank you

Almost anything would be better than the rebork.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,519 posts
10,213 battles
8 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

you miss getting nuked by graf zeps and midways with one strike, right?this is masochism.

I had the same thought, this person likes pain and it was more than just those two as every CV with more than three squadrons had the ability to pretty much nuke a target.

4 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

While I appreciate that you miss the old style CV's, they aren't coming back. WG has a vision(However right or wrong it may be) and they will progress forward. The only thing you can do at this point is quit or try to give as much feedback as possible to make the best of it. I, for one, have chosen the latter.

This, posts asking for a roll back are just a waste of posting.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
726 posts
7 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

actually yes. sort of.

I feel I can proactively address these two carriers with my individual decisions and efforts, where as I cant counter the yellow-bellied meta that arcade CVs have intensified (yes it was already there). No matter how well I play I cant influence a match personally where most of the team camps 20km back from the caps.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
4,914 posts
11,840 battles
10 minutes ago, Sbels said:

Thank you

While the reworks hasn't been ideal, going back to the old version is the worst thing to do.

A change needed to happen.  Going back is just mindless.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,319 posts
5,016 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I feel your pain. I personally prefer the pre 8.0 but it's gone forever. If you have old screen shots cherish them.

2 minutes ago, Dareios said:

actually yes. sort of.

I feel I can proactively address these two carriers with my individual decisions and efforts, where as I cant counter the yellow-bellied meta that arcade CVs have intensified (yes it was already there). No matter how well I play I cant influence a match personally where most of the team camps 20km back from the caps.

i got you guys covered.

fill your mind with lustful pleasure,i'm sure you sickos like this kind of thing.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Funny 1

[ENDO]
Members
37 posts
1,162 battles

Yes please.  I liked the rts style better but can see how some didnt. The rts style made more sense to me anyways from a warship perspective.  Now, not being able to control your boat makes absolutely no sense in a ship game. And spawning  fighters out of nowhere? Whut?... No fighters on an aircraft carrier?? Fffss.. the design leaves a lot to be desired.

I think they have a long way to go and i dont enjoy being a lab rat after i spent a bunch of money on ships before Christmas. A lot of game companys are doing this now and it is getting annoying as all get out. Maximizing profits by releasing an unfinished and untested product then use the playerbase for their r&d. Wargaming please dont be like ea. Take this rework back and release it when it is ready... please!!!! 

• Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
1,590 posts

For better or for worse, there is no going back. Stavka has issued Order 227.

Members
1,082 posts
3,570 battles

No, I don't want them to return to the old CV. It is going to take a while to get all the bugs out, get everything balanced, get the player base used to the new way of doing things. IMO the advantages outweigh the problems. They are more accessible to more people which is good. They tend to punish bad play such as island camping which is also good.

I do wish however that they would give the CV driver the ability to control his own ship while planes are in the air. Also the choice between having ships consumables auto or manual..

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,521 posts
4,011 battles

I didn't mind the old RTS style of game play, because I have some experience of playing some RTS games in the past... but personally I gotta say that I prefer the new reworked style much more. I like how it's more hands-on, and how I can see my plane squadron flying around and making an attack run in much closer view, instead of couple tiny sesame seeds buzzing around the screen on the old RTS style.

The reworked CV's just need to be tweaked and balanced properly, which will take time for sure. Maybe a lot of time. I certainly wish that WG didn't have to do a live test, but they pretty much shot themselves on their own foot by not offering a sufficient reward for playing on PTS, on top of running so many grindy events on the live server for past several months non-stop.

In short, no, I won't support this petition.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[PSP]
Members
8,044 posts
33 minutes ago, Sbels said:

Thank you

No.

As frustrating as CVs are now that AA has been buffed a bit too much, I don't relish sending my squadrons out with my single fighter only to meed a unicum in a Premium or IJN ship who has three or four fighter squadrons and proceeds to laugh and call me a noob while he strafes my planes into oblivion. Not to mention that the team is all whining and "reporting" me for not sending my single fighter to each of them for air cover. Finally, RTS-style CV play was just boring. The new style is much more exciting and interesting to play.

[STAR]
Members
2,955 posts
8,064 battles

Well, if this was a petition to remove CVs i would support. Old CVs were far from being balanced, the only good thing about them is that they were very unpopular.