You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LupusMalum

Can't even aim with my torp bombers, if the target does any maneuvering.

16 comments in this topic

[TMDA]
Members
287 posts
13,686 battles

I play the T10 IJN CV, never abuse the F spam. I used the 2 torp bomber attack. Can't even aim with my torp bombers, if the target does any maneuvering. If the ship does even a slight turn my Torp pattern become a V, which the target sails right in between. Also, Autopilot is incapable of crossing the street. Not expecting too much sympathy. I am a DD main by the way, but I found the new Cvs fun to play and it gave me a reason to play the game after I started to get bored after +10,000 games. Video attached below.

20190207_170304_PJSA110-Hakuryu_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,768 posts
10,309 battles

Why mention that you never abuse the f key spam? Then you are unaffected by that particular change..... The f key spam had nothing to do with some of the other problems that were fixed. 

• Cool 2

[5D5]
Members
2,541 posts
15,653 battles

I suggest then that you wait to attack if WASD hacks cause aiming problems for your torp planes.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,526 posts
10,240 battles

My understanding is that the torpedo hit rate for that CV was excessively high. Now I have no experience with CV's above tier 6 but minor corrections should be allowed but more than a few degrees should trigger the pattern expansion.

Ah, another fan of the brain dead auto pilot, set your course and launch a squadron and when you come back the helmsman is so drunk that he doesn't even realize he is sailing backwards.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,295 posts
10,483 battles
16 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Why mention that you never abuse the f key spam? Then you are unaffected by that particular change..... The f key spam had nothing to do with some of the other problems that were fixed. 

The aim time on the torps changed as well. Rather dramatically.

• Cool 1

[TMDA]
Members
287 posts
13,686 battles
14 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Just to give you a little background that I don't care about the F-spam, that some may think was the problem I was talking about. My issues is that is almost impossible to hit a maneuvering target due to the V-shaped dispersion of my torp bombers with the slightest adjustment from me. I have a right to air my grievances as everyone else has.

[TMDA]
Members
287 posts
13,686 battles
2 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

scroll your mouse backward it will tighten up your patters you will still need to lead them but the v pattern will get a lot smaller.

Thank you for the tip.

[TMDA]
Members
287 posts
13,686 battles
7 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I suggest then that you wait to attack if WASD hacks cause aiming problems for your torp planes.

Sometimes you don't have the option to wait.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,606 posts
26,980 battles
3 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

scroll your mouse backward it will tighten up your patters you will still need to lead them but the v pattern will get a lot smaller.

Does that work with dive bombers too?  I’m having a heck of a time hitting consistently with dive bombers. 

[-BUI-]
Members
562 posts
2,537 battles

IJN torps are SO awful now.   USA are better but not by much.

Also note that you gotta aim them, WHILE dodging flak and watching your planes melt to guns.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 1

Members
130 posts
2,786 battles

I do not think so that is more you flying better over time I watched my 12 y old grandson never played before, play after 5 times in training he played a couple co-op then went to random and his teams went 8 for 11 so it is do able set up a training session by your self and practice shooting at your own moving ship that's what I have been doing 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
2,574 posts
13,970 battles
27 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The F key spam, started the chain of events which lead to the OP stating his frustration. The F key spam lead to the nerfing of not only the Haku but also all CVs (the unintended consequences Mr. Conway stated in his WOWS pod cast).

CVs now are the new Kryspy kream of ships. They're there to play IF you want. As far as adding diversity of game styles/ game play to tier 10... Niet Conrad.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,458 posts
18,874 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Also note that you gotta aim them, WHILE dodging flak and watching your planes melt to guns.

So much fun; dodge AA and watch your torps decide to go to Disneyland, or hold to let the cone shrink and watch your planes get destroyed.

Why does anyone except twitch monsters think this is fun?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,491 battles
1 hour ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Bro, when you're farther away, objects only look smaller, they're not actually... please tell me you guys aren't serious.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,871 posts
11,351 battles

The haku deserved nerfs, but I'm not convinced the T6s needed any at all...