You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeigeTank2010

0.8.0.1 All planes wiped trying to fight off one cruiser

67 comments in this topic

Members
376 posts

Midway was not OP, only the Tier X IJN which could get all three attacks in from outside range of AA. EDIT: So change their torp range to 4km and be done with it.  At 4km it was very close to balanced as you can only get one attack off and are forced to retreat - so much for your 3 attacks per squad, which means AA was already "winning".

So now with this nerf, a CA comes at me and I lose all my planes trying to stop him.  He's invulnerable to me.

Recall? I did a run with 9 torpedo bombers.  ONE attack.  TWO planes make it back alive.   And you only have to wait 7 x 99 seconds = 10.5 minutes to get them back. 

Do you guys even TEST this stuff before you put it live?!

Way to listen to whiners without testing it - they'll of course love the fact that CVs were nerfed back into uselessness. 

EDIT: Last match: Yamato finishes with almost 3X the points of everyone else on BOTH teams, 46 plane kills (at 1 minute 30 seconds per plane or more, you get the point) yet BBs will whine about CVs.  All my planes wipe trying to fight him so I just have to sit there and watch mr. invulnerable kill me that I "can't even fight back", I have about 2 planes left.  Where's the "you can't even fight back" complainers when it comes to the opposite? Crickets. Stop listening to the whiners, WG - no other ship can be neutered during a fight before they're killed - neither should a CV. As someone else pointed out: imagine BBs that lose the ability to fire a gun every minute until finally only 1 barrel on one gun left. Fun? Hardly. But that's fine if you do it to a CV. How rich.

We were promised multiple attacks since we only have one squad instead of 4-6 squads. Forget that at tier  9 and 10 - you try for a second attack you wipe. You only get ONE attack.  So there AA is already very successful denying you 2/3 of your attacking ability.  So you figure ok fine I'll deal with 1/3rd the promised attacks, but then you "hotfix" it so you lose majority of planes even after ONE attack by making your planes a sitting duck on recall.  3/4 of fight later you have no planes left as it takes 5 minutes just to get 3 more planes (20 minute battle, 5 minutes for 3 planes? LOL).

There's no way you even tested this or THOUGHT about it when others were pointing out all your planes are yellow and red after ONE attack and you were FORCED to recall.  People complain because you can still get one attack with your planes where their planes stopped you from getting 2 to 3 attacks, and now you appease them so carrier planes wipe after even one attack.  Mind-boggling.

Then you wonder why no one played CVs anymore? And here you go doing it again. Again, mind-boggling.

EDIT: Well looks like BBs got their wish: they return to being unstoppable. Last match: one BB 2X damage of most everyone else (Worcestor). Another BB (also Worcestor), almost same damage as his buddy, but also: 56 planes shot down.  Meanwhile carriers wait for planes that get wiped to respawn.  Hey it's only 5 minutes to get 3 planes back to try another torp run.  If you're going to let CVs lose ability to attack, then make BBs lose a barrel every 2 minutes and maybe then people will get the point.

Edited by SeigeTank2010
  • Cool 14
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Members
2,758 posts
11,746 battles

On a related note a CV killed my full health full AA specced DD and I never even saw his ship much less did any damage to him.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 1

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,461 posts
8,988 battles
6 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

a CA comes at me and I lose all my planes trying to stop him.  He's invulnerable to me.

OK, what am I missing? not seeing the downside here. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
376 posts
Just now, CaptainTeddybear said:

On a related note a CV killed my full health full AA specced DD and I never even saw his ship much less did any damage to him.

Every ship can kill you without you ever seeing them.  And DDs can kill any ship at times without ever seeing the DD. Is there a point?

Members
376 posts
1 minute ago, SpudZero said:

OK, what am I missing? not seeing the downside here. :Smile_trollface:

Of course not - you just wanted to whine against CVs until they're nerfed into uselessness.  Well done!  Devs were foolish enough to listen to the whiners.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Members
610 posts
12,822 battles

paybacks are hell, aren't they.

DD mains really feel sorry for you...I mean really.

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NAUTI]
Members
324 posts
873 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

do you mean his ship or his planes?

[ODIN]
Members
647 posts
14,818 battles
1 minute ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Every ship can kill you without you ever seeing them.  And DDs can kill any ship at times without ever seeing the DD. Is there a point?

That's the typical excuse for why carriers cant be in game according the the masses. Anyone reasonable knows that every ship class is capable of doing damage and recieving none.

• Cool 1

[NAUTI]
Members
324 posts
873 battles
1 minute ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Of course not - you just wanted to whine against CVs until they're nerfed into uselessness.  Well done!  Devs were foolish enough to listen to the whiners.

When CVs are useless, people rarely play them. Matches without CVs are a lot more fun for everyone else who's not a CV. The more useless CVs are, the better it is for the game.

• Cool 14
  • Bad 3

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,732 posts
10,273 battles
2 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

When CVs are useless, people rarely play them. Matches without CVs are a lot more fun for everyone else who's not a CV. The more useless CVs are, the better it is for the game.

Sad, but true. A view I am embracing whileheartedly

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles

Hang in there. Buffs and Nerfs are going to pretty fluid for a while.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
761 posts
6,798 battles
6 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

That's the typical excuse for why carriers cant be in game according the the masses. Anyone reasonable knows that every ship class is capable of doing damage and recieving none.

(and launching infinite waves of ammo.  Except imagine that half way through a game your guns started losing 1-2 shells per turret and then at the end of the game you got 1 shell every 1:30)

• Cool 7

[5D5]
Members
2,525 posts
15,584 battles

Before we go crying that WG didn't test something how about telling us what cruiser it was that you couldn't kill or post the replay of this match.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
703 posts
9,053 battles

The effectiveness of CV's are ever more obvious. Which ever side has the more experienced Captain will tip the scale. That is a fact. That is of my own belief, and you would be hard pressed to convince me otherwise. Whether this is pre 0.8. patch or post 0.8. In fact, it has become far worse.

However, what I do know. Is this. Before the 0.8 patch. Surface ships had a lull  chance between CV strikes. It enabled the surface ships a chance to group up (to stagger the AA), or find another means to deal with it.

Now, it is literally relentless. You do not have any chance to react. It is just a matter of time until you get sunk. (case in point; Yamato vs Harkuryu. Yamato literally squeezed off 2 salvos, died within first 7 minutes of the game. Too busy attempting to dodge the torpedo drops. Due to relentless strikes, and re-strikes from the CV). One may say, that particular CV is "OP". Or that Yamato isn't an ideally equipped AA ship. That isn't the crux of the matter. It is the ability for the CV Captain to maintain a non stop of strikes within a very short time period (plane's turning circle as an example). This is the major fault. This is a fundamentally a flawed design/concept. There needs to be a "cool down" of resupply time for the planes. Whether it is the action of returning to the CV itself, or some clever design by the developers.

Sorry, as much as I've kept quiet & refrained from making my thoughts public. The new "CV rework" have in my humble opinion, directly effected to an unappetising game play. I've just recently unlocked the T10 French BB. Hoping to enjoy her in open seas. Only to be greeted by constant aerial attacks by more than one CV Captain per game, at minimum. It's just not enjoyable any more even with full AA spec (which for Rich isn't that bad). Not to mention that the new patch brings forth some FPS eating updates as well. 

Vent over...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
376 posts
28 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Thank you for proving that those who are against CVs will lie and pretend they're not balanced because their real goal is to just make CVs useless so that no one plays them again. The devs fell for it. Keep it up.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[ADAPT]
Members
927 posts
14,388 battles

Hakuryu OP. They nerf it bla bla. Then come the nerf. Mehh.. Okay. It become useless. No problems. Back to stealth torping dd.. BB and cruiser eat a lot of torpedo from someone who he cannot see entire game. Haha..can't please everybody. It must be hard to run company to please everyone. I hope WG don't falter and keep the game run for a long time. 

Edited by bandits86

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,150 posts
6,896 battles

I think they did this intentionally so people stop whining about CV's, and people stop playing CV's. They essentially "gave up" by doing this hotfix, like, stealth admission of brokenness

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Members
3,788 posts
1,509 battles
31 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Sad, but true. A view I am embracing whileheartedly

And now that they got a hotfix, the unicums take off their 'caring' masks.  As I said last week, you just want CVs gone so you can go back to your stealth/hide meta.

Not surprised.

• Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,998 posts
14,613 battles
48 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Midway was not OP, only the Tier X IJN which could get all three attacks in from outside range of AA. 

So now with this nerf, a CA comes at me and I lose all my planes trying to stop him.  He's invulnerable to me.

Recall? I did a run with 9 torpedo bombers.  ONE attack.  TWO planes make it back alive.   And you only have to wait 7 x 99 seconds = 7.5 minutes to get them back. 

Way to listen to whiners without testing it - they'll of course love the fact that CVs were nerfed back into uselessness. 

There is this thing you should be doing as a CV that was lost with the rework. Choose your targets wisely. Some ships had great AA and were avoided pre rework then CV planes were made OP for the rework and needed to be brought back inline.

Pick targets with weaker AA like it should be. CV  should not be able to kill every ship on the map and this second patch fixes that.

• Cool 2

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
266 posts
8,190 battles

I don't complain. CV does not belong to this game

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[S0L0]
Members
82 posts
41 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I disagree, I don't like the island camping radar meta. It's a lot more fun when everyone is scrambling, fighting in chaos (like real battles). I'm having fun shooting down all these planes and getting easy shots on ships more worried about the planes than me. I hope they give CVs a larger inventory and keep it up. This is fun.

• Cool 4

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,355 posts
9,970 battles
1 hour ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Midway was not OP, only the Tier X IJN which could get all three attacks in from outside range of AA. 

Recall? I did a run with 9 torpedo bombers.  ONE attack.  TWO planes make it back alive.   And you only have to wait 7 x 99 seconds = 7.5 minutes to get them back. 

Lovely...get rid of CVs...yeah!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,355 posts
9,970 battles
52 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Preach it sister...

• Bad 2