Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
geser98

Opinions on Jutland in Ranked

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles

I don't own Jutland and so wanted to ask people who do to share their experiences from Ranked season so far.

I have been mostly playing my Fletcher and found the season being a blast. At the same time, despite in overall ratings from Random battles, Jutland is one of the best in the tier, I don't see a lot of them at all. It's just mostly endless Kitakazes.

From what I'd seen so far with DD play it's a lot about zipping around the map trying to supply as many bonuses to the team as possible, which should make Jutland a pretty poor choice with 34kn speed and no speed boost. And despite the fact that she can deal a lot of damage, it's only a second/third priority for DDs in this play type. And it also seems like the availability of constant heal significantly reduces the strength of Jutland's self-heal.

But this is all based on only a handful of encounters. What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
653
[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,648 posts
2,637 battles

As a BB main who knows only the basics of what each DD brings to the table, I dont like red Jutlands. It falls in rank with Black and kita. Single launch torps are scary if they can get off a good spray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[HYDRO]
Members
2,259 posts
4,211 battles

Had quite a few encounters same as you. 

They are pretty deadly I would say. Ties for best concealment, decent torps, murderous Rof and heal. 

What makes them good picks for this season are the Hydro that guarantees you will  almost never take torps and the smoke on demand . This gives them a big advantage when in firefights with other DDs. A Fletcher or Kitakaze smoke has to be used to it's fullest, a Jutland smoke is far easier to leave, knowing how fast you will have one more available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Ties for best concealment

With whom? Yugumo is 200m better, Chung Mu is slightly better too.

Yes, the smoke is good. Still though, if they are good, why don't we see more of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[HYDRO]
Members
2,259 posts
4,211 battles
4 minutes ago, geser98 said:

With whom? Yugumo is 200m better, Chung Mu is slightly better too.

Yes, the smoke is good. Still though, if they are good, why don't we see more of them?

Oh yeah you are right on the concealment. 

As for not seeing more, when there's Black and Kitakaze, why bother? 

Z-46 as well should be excellent yet I barely see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

As for not seeing more, when there's Black and Kitakaze, why bother? 

Yeah, I've seen 3 Blacks last night alone, which is more than I'd normally see in a month in Randoms.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-TLB-]
Beta Testers
5 posts
12,770 battles

I’ve been running Jutland and Kit mainly this season and it can be a real beast.

I have a slew of dreadnaughts and saved stars in it cause it’s like a cockroach.

The heal is is a nice cushion, that coupled with the quick smokes allows you to pull away from an unexpected encounter with some health left.

The 360 degree turrets are great for keeping fire on targets while your juking to avoid incoming fire.

The quick throttle allows you to throw off the aim of enemies pretty effectively.

i honestly haven’t mastered the single fire torps but am definetly gettting the use out of them.

I had probably my best Ranked game ever in it today where I ended up soloing a JB and 2 dds to win the game. All with my hp well into the red.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
190
[WOLFB]
Members
338 posts
3 hours ago, geser98 said:

I don't own Jutland and so wanted to ask people who do to share their experiences from Ranked season so far.

I have been mostly playing my Fletcher and found the season being a blast. At the same time, despite in overall ratings from Random battles, Jutland is one of the best in the tier, I don't see a lot of them at all. It's just mostly endless Kitakazes.

From what I'd seen so far with DD play it's a lot about zipping around the map trying to supply as many bonuses to the team as possible, which should make Jutland a pretty poor choice with 34kn speed and no speed boost. And despite the fact that she can deal a lot of damage, it's only a second/third priority for DDs in this play type. And it also seems like the availability of constant heal significantly reduces the strength of Jutland's self-heal.

But this is all based on only a handful of encounters. What do you guys think?

I've run both Jutland and Kitakaze in ranked. In Kitakaze, I only fear one other DD - Jutland. In Jutland, I fear no one. The heal makes that big a difference. Sure, I've been splattered by other DDs, but seldom in one on one fights - they usually have help.   But I've also launched strings of torps through tiny gaps that no other ship could manage, and taken out mighty BBs with them. Yes, everyone can out run me, but if the Jutland is setup right, and has a very, very good captain with 19 points, then there's a question of whether or not another DD really would want to chase me.

 

I've had failures with Jutland, but so far the successes outweigh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
7 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

In Kitakaze, I only fear one other DD - Jutland. In Jutland, I fear no one.

Playing my Fletcher I surprisingly found that Kitakazes are actually very manageable even when running torpedo boat build as I am at the moment without MB reload mod. They are just so clumsy and take huge damage from supporting fire and even one on one they can still be dealt with, only thing is that I have to always prioritize reload bonus when I see one on the map. I'll actually re-spec tonight for gunboat build and see how that works out.

Also, the few Jutlands that I did encounter in my play so far have been firing AP at me, which probably means that these guys didn't have very-very good captains. Is Jutland viable without IFHE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
190
[WOLFB]
Members
338 posts
3 minutes ago, geser98 said:

Playing my Fletcher I surprisingly found that Kitakazes are actually very manageable even when running torpedo boat build as I am at the moment without MB reload mod. They are just so clumsy and take huge damage from supporting fire and even one on one they can still be dealt with, only thing is that I have to always prioritize reload bonus when I see one on the map. I'll actually re-spec tonight for gunboat build and see how that works out.

Also, the few Jutlands that I did encounter in my play so far have been firing AP at me, which probably means that these guys didn't have very-very good captains. Is Jutland viable without IFHE?

Not really. It's one of those ships that almost requires IFHE. I played without it for a while, but it was too tough to damage anyone. 

 

Now, you're running into AP because the AP is really good and sometimes better than HE. I use HE most of the time because of the prospect of fire, but if you run broadside to me I'll switch if I can. Some of the lighter armored cruisers are also good targets for Jutland's AP.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
805
[ARGSY]
Members
1,714 posts
10,082 battles

I think Jutland is, at best, just OK for ranked. I've seen some captains make 'er sing like an angel, but for the most part, Jutland play has been pretty awful.

I make a case for it here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[ARGSY]
Members
128 posts
4,173 battles

Been playing the Jutland in ranked over my Fletcher and Kit-both favorite ships of mine. Only a 16 point captain but I am doing well and feel like the Jutland is the best ride in the current ranked. Kit and Black can give it trouble but the Jut is the best boat overall. You need to work with your team mates but it is a game controlling ship in my opinion.  Definitely go with superintendent for the extra heal and hydro. I love the Lightning and am learning to love the Jutland as well due to their 360 degree turret traverse. This is a big deal as your charging or kiting dd can keep his guns on the enemy most all of the time.  I am having trouble with the Black as it can just drop smoke and radar and then pound you as you run away. You really need to work with your Allies to gun this boat down. But once it is neutralized, you Jutland becomes a very powerful end game dd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×