You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OppressorUnion

AA DD nerf in 8.01?

DD Help  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Destroyers AA needs to be re-evaluated immediatly ?

• Yes
    • No

7 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers
121 posts
6,846 battles

I just starting testing the new AA and its seams that certain classes got more out of it than others, because it seems like a blanket patch reduced x% damage from flack increase Y% damage to consistent across the board. This made some classes come out ahead and others did not.

Battleships were the main benefactor to  this because they already had high consistent which when increased by  Y %  they came out ahead so did US cruisers.

Cruisers as a whole got a good buff but not all as good as BB

Last are Destroyers  which had the smallest  amount  of consistent before but the most accurate flak. With the blanket Y% to consistent from the hotfix it was the least benefactor from it and on top of that  it took the biggest hit from the flak damage reduction because that was its main source of AA with accurate flak.

The state I am seeing at the moment is  2x longer kill times for my Groz.  Not including AA DD, normal DD must have a very difficult time now killing anything. I believe this needs to be addressed immediately because in essence this is a DD nerf in the patch that should be helping destroyers. 

I would like more feedback from other DD players on this, before patch I was having a ball killing planes now its not as fun with planes in my airspace twice as long.  I believe they should reduce the -x% damage from DD flack to compensate at least half of what they gave other ships because we do not get the same benefit from the blanket y% gave to the rest of the games consistent AA damage.

• Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
4,864 posts
11,804 battles

Poll question is vague.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,524 posts
13,421 battles

What are your ship's AA values before and after the hotfix patch?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
2 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Poll question is vague.

We also need more than a few hours of this being implemented to know the real results.

Something that has needed to be addressed is the fragility of planes in higher tier AA and the relative immunity of planes in lower tier AA which has been with us since alpha which the rework has magnified.

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers
121 posts
6,846 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

What are your ship's AA values before and after the hotfix patch?

Not exact but  close from what I remember, a reduction of almost 1000 damage to mid range flak down to 1500 mid range now use to be around 2600, with only doubling my consistent up 150dps, to 287 was before 120  and a reduction of 600 or more long range  down to 2300 with a buff of only   60 dps consistent to 128.  

Flak was my go to, the Accuracy of AA on destroyers are a lot better so the small buff to dps is  no where near the damage I lost from flak especially mid range felt like it was overkill on the reduction.

[WOLF7]
Members
212 posts
3,305 battles

Bad poll question is bad. 

Anyway, high tier DDs need concealment/plane spotting tweaks, not AA buffs. Hotfix was supposed to address it but there is no difference that I can see...it might even be worse now. If a DD is reliant on AA to keep itself alive it is already too late because the shells from surface ships are already on the way.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles

Well effectively yes.  Basically DD flak had to get lucky but still did reasonable damage.  Post patch, DD flak still has to get lucky but doesn't do as much damage.  Since DDs don't have enough continuous damage to offset the loss of lucky flak strikes, their overall effective AA fell significantly.