You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xedoesr

Botched hotfix for 8.0.1.

27 comments in this topic

[5D4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
32 posts
4,341 battles

So the nerf-bat hit the CVs. Okay, now that we covered that lets dive into what actually happened. First, they increased the wait time to launch your torpedoes and made the aim time longer. Okay, I can see why this was changed, but it did not stop there. The AA was increased a fair amount, which was needed because the flak bubble idea did not pan out so well. So, can someone explain to me why the USN got hit with the same torpedo nerf-bat, when their torpedoes do about half the damage per torpedo and have half the range and slower speeds to boost?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the "Douglas TBD Devastator" have the Mark 13 torpedoes not the Mark 7D. The Mark 13s had a max range of 5.76 Kilometers and a max speed of 33.5 Knots. If so, why are the correct torpedoes not on the correct torpedo bomber?

Also, the JPN torpedoes on the J5N Tenrai are another matter altogether. For starters this plane was not a torpedo bomber, it was just a bomber, and only 6 prototypes were ever made. So, given this little fact did Wargaming take liberties to give the JPN better planes all around?

To Wargaming inc, please improve the Midway torpedoes to match historically accurate plane mounted torpedoes. The current torpedoes are a joke on the Midway, especially compared to the JPN counterpart. Thank you for your time.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles
2 minutes ago, xedoesr said:

To Wargaming inc, please improve the Midway torpedoes to match historically accurate plane mounted torpedoes. The current torpedoes are a joke on the Midway, especially compared to the JPN counterpart. Thank you for your time.

^^^ This should've been the hot fix...According to Mr. Conway in his WOWS pod cast, the hot fix had "unintended consequences" not only to the Haku, but ALL CVs including low tier ones.

What a way to sabotage a CV rework all thanks to bias narration/commentary on his "flying Shimakazie" video. 

If the IJNCV can do great DOT capabilities, then USNCV should have it too.

ATM I don;t think none of our concerns will be read.

[99TH]
[99TH]
Members
3 posts
4,225 battles

What is this stupid wide spread that happens if you turn the plane. I do not understand why the nerfs. This is sooooooo stupid I am so sick of this company nerfing vehicles because some whinny tit cannot handle it. I get the whole change up on the game dynamic but why this wide spread launch and so far out drops.. This company does not take in consideration but whiners. This sucks so bad I am over it. I agree with you whole heartedly. They have fixed to where you are not making as many credits as used to.. Just WoT  there is going to be a mass exodus from this game which is unfortunmate.

[5D4]
32 posts
4,341 battles

I am not throwing in the towel on this game, because I have a bit invested into it and I enjoy the people I group up with on a regular basis. However, I loved the CV way back in the beginning up until they monkeyed with it. Since then it was little more than learn to manual drop and strafe and you are golden. I have my own thoughts on this "Mr. Conway" and they are not pleasant. One example of a CV doing this should not have received a blanket nerf to cover the rest of them. Right now, the tier 10 JPN CV is playable, but not enjoyable. The "hotfix" done to the AA as well seems to have been overdone. If I am in an AA specced Minotaur or even my Hindy, then you can forget about planes touching me. They shred the planes and it is quite laughable because it is back to the way it was before. Even my Montana has no problem shredding planes, and its worse for the CV now because everyone is speccing AA. The gearing I have shot down 40 something planes just by itself.

I do see myself playing Cruisers as main ships now that CVs cant touch anything but DDs and German BBs.

Members
651 posts
5,656 battles
17 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^^ This should've been the hot fix...According to Mr. Conway in his WOWS pod cast, the hot fix had "unintended consequences" not only to the Haku, but ALL CVs including low tier ones.

What a way to sabotage a CV rework all thanks to bias narration/commentary on his "flying Shimakazie" video. 

If the IJNCV can do great DOT capabilities, then USNCV should have it too.

ATM I don;t think none of our concerns will be read.

I dont get why releasing a busted Hakuryuu means nerf every other CV across the board.

I am all for the F key nerf. I am all for the cv flood chance nerf. I am all for nerfing the hak.

However, I am also in favor of rewarding smart flying and skilled drops. I am for plane conservation through good execution. I am for rewarding risks.

The hotfix made every attack run a suicide run. Barely half if not less of attacking planes are returning. The constant DPS on battleships is enough to chew through planes like nothing. I cant think of any complaints about cv beyond "hak is completely broken" that stand on sound logic instead of "lol I just hate CV".

USN CV averages were down across the board. They're going to go further down as AA is even more busted than pre rework.

So you have original strong levels of AA, but you drop 3 planes in one squad instead of 26 in 4.

I knew the wows community would knee jerk the table into low orbit, but within a week we've completely destroyed CV because of Hak, lost a genuinely good PR guy because reddit / the forums cant get it together and act like adults, and are standing armed and ready to burn down the WG offices because they said "hey we're making some changes to GC" which EVERYONE AGREES is completely busted.

They complain about hak because its busted, and cheer when every CV is thrown into the dirt. They cry when cesare is given a balancing treatment. Show some tact you two faced you-know-whats.

• Cool 2

[99TH]
[99TH]
Members
3 posts
4,225 battles

The_Painted_Target, I get it that there is an investment here, and me likewise as well. However, they totally ruined WoTs over the nerfing they did. What I meant is that they do not care. It is bothersome. I really wanted to learn it, but it is not balanced no matter what they say.

[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles
16 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

I dont get why releasing a busted Hakuryuu means nerf every other CV across the board.

I am all for the F key nerf. I am all for the cv flood chance nerf. I am all for nerfing the hak.

Ask Mr. Conway as to why the Hot-FIx had "unintended consequences" To lower tier CVs just to appease the tier 10 BBs. Its in the WOWS podcast (min 55 ish). The hot fix is worse then the original problem it tried to fix.

This IMO its called sabotage.

Edited by Navalpride33

[5D4]
32 posts
4,341 battles

It is a "work in progress" meaning they are going to fix things until the community as a whole likes it or just doesn't care anymore and move on from CVs.

[99TH]
[99TH]
Members
3 posts
4,225 battles
13 minutes ago, xedoesr said:

It is a "work in progress" meaning they are going to fix things until the community as a whole likes it or just doesn't care anymore and move on from CVs.

I have heard that before in WoTs, and it was an epic fail for a lot of us.

• Cool 1

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,330 posts
2,134 battles

WG better pay attention with what's going on with their games otherwise they are going to lose me as a customer and a investor.

• Cool 2

[EFEWE]
Members
2 posts
1,275 battles

I just don't understand the need for these nerfs... atleast for the lower tiers.  CV play was a bit underpowered before this hotfix but not we gotta push through some medium and short range AA buffs. I have also noticed some DDs can fire at planes long before they are spotted. This... Makes... Zero... Sense..... Planes should spot any ship long before its in AA range, yes even DDs.  The amount of AA even on some DDs are incredibly powerful, again due to the limited deck space makes no sense. Now we cant adjust torp runs as well with our minimal torps worse even in the AA buff...  If we manage to get our few torps off we are likely to not have a squad to come back to.  Honestly this "Hotfix" is going in the wrong direction and its frustrating.  We have seen some photos of the Hak game stats and cool, one ship? One ship in the entire CV world seems to be doing this.  I see plenty of DDs, Cruisers and BBs pulling stats like this no problem.  This issue doesn't lie with CVs. It may lie with one ship, but still... Other ships in wows are capable of pushing great stats but we don't scream for unnecessary nerfs for them generally. And remember it takes seconds for a shell to fly, it could take a minute for planes to reach to maybe hit... maybe. And if we don't we literally are not contributing to the teams success.

Edited by durka12
  • Cool 1

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
267 posts

To be honest they should have left the AA alone to last patch fix the Haka torpedo planes and see what the result be.  Right now if i play a tier 8 cv and get up tier to 10 the AA is insane... flak knocks out half the planes even with dodging. 

Beta Testers
101 posts
2,102 battles

Yep, the constant DPS needs toned down a bit, or carrier planes need buffed a bit, or both.  I'm currently playing Tier VI right now, and if you are +/- one tier, its difficult, but if you get uptiered, it's impossible to get planes through flak, medium range AA, AND short range AA, to land an attack.  If AA stays this way, plane replenishment needs to be faster.  I usually cycle my planes (1,2,3,1,2,3), so I always have a full attack squadron ready to go, but today, I was launching short, not a lot, but enough to notice.  AA is SUPER TOUGH to get through now. Even if you find a ship by itself, you'll lose your whole squadron sometimes.  The DPS needs tweaked, at least at mid tier.

[90THB]
Members
10 posts
4,485 battles

Fixing the F key spam and the Haku's torps is all that should have been changed with this hotfix.

When something is wrong you change only a few things at a time to get things more balanced, when you make a ton of massive changes it can swing completely one way to the other.

• Cool 1

[WARSP]
Members
24 posts
10,963 battles

Yeah I find it funny how fast they overnerfed CVs to near uselessness again.  Any how I shrugged and went back to my DD to only be in a cap covered by 2 minutes of solid magic radar/sonar that goes through islands.

I liked that for a few days people were forced to group up for AA protection now it's going back to the solo yolo garbage and wondering how to deal with endless radar.

Whats funny is you can put a dozen CV torps into a ship like a yamato and cant keep pace with her repair.

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
2 posts
3,818 battles

I think the F key spam needed balance but not this game breaking nerf. I 1v1 any ship with even half decent AA and my whole squadron is lost every time cause they get rekt on the return flight. i spend half my game reading a book or literally anything else while i wait for my planes to be ready again. not to mention how broken and overpowered AA is, even when you dodge most planes don't make it in time to attack. I just want to hope that WG will read these posts and tone back the nerfs.

• Cool 1

[RAWDY]
Beta Testers
141 posts
6,933 battles
6 hours ago, xedoesr said:

So the nerf-bat hit the CVs.

Yup, any thoughts you had of NOT selling all your CV's are now gone. The AA buff is ridiculous. Single DD's now nuke entire squads before even a second volley can be launched. BB's if even one tier higher are back to being near un touchable. Congrats WG' you almost made CV's worthwhile to play again.

All because the same yolo solo warriors bitched they couldn't go on their own anymore. The AA was fine in bubbles. The hakuryu was the only broken one.

Edited by Sullen_Maximus

Beta Testers
101 posts
2,102 battles

Watching the stream yesterday, apparently IJN CV's were doing "too good", so that's why the nerf bat, but the F key was broken at tier 10, specifically the Hakuryu.  So the "new rebalancing" may have fixed tier 10, but totally screwed tier 4,6,& 8.  I imagine another hotfix in the next week or two, then further fixes in the next patch a couple of weeks after that.

[5D4]
32 posts
4,341 battles

After reading all comments I wanted to add this.

The Hakuryu being hit with the nerf-bat was a definite must. The torpedo spam was to much, and I was one of them that was doing it and said in TeamSpeak to my clanmates this was going to be needing a fix and soon. However, the wait time to relaunch those same torp bombers to do another attack and the wait time to actually launch them is simply to much waiting. Especially with the fix that also let AA do even more damage. I am not disagreeing with the AA doing more damage, but it does seem a bit excessive, especially if uptiered if you are not tier 10. Maybe have the first click wait time changed from 4.9 seconds to about half that to 2.5 seconds and then for the second click to launch the torpedoes cut in half too. It is way to much time to wait to launch torpedoes, and the "invulnerability" during some of that is a complete joke no matter what planes and tier you are using.

Also, the return to carrier nerf was a bit much too. Maybe ease up on that so it is not so horribly long.

Now, the F-key spam, yes I do agree that this was needed. But, only for the Hakuryu mainly.

I will say it again. The USN line torpedo planes are in serious need of a torpedo damage and range buff. They are nowhere near adequate at any of the tiers. The JPN torpedo damage is right on, if you can even manage to get them to hit in the current version of 0.8.1.

I have been playing my tier 10 BBs a bit since the 0.8.1. hotfix, and the Midway torpedo bombers do NOT do enough damage to warrant even using them. Also note, I had a Midway and played it post 0.8.0. and felt the torpedo bombers to be woefully underpowered compared to IJN across all tiers of play.

Quick edit to add to this. The CVs in que seems to have dropped by a good percentage as I am finding it difficult to find people playing them since the 0.8.1. hotfix. Just wanted to add that in case Wargaming does indeed keep up with player feedback. Given the state of things my gut is telling me I am better off talking to a wall, of if you are old enough to get this next one... talk to the hand. :cap_old:

[TORP]
Members
243 posts
21,773 battles

Given historically once the F6 Hellcat hit the fleet the Japanese did not stand a chance in the Air War and there was something like a 20 to 1 kill ratio and even the wildcat out killed the zero after starting to do diving attacks not dog-fighting and using the thatch weave Japanese CVs have been OP beyond belief.  Historically the did not do much at all after midway except to sink the Hornet.

[SMART]
Members
5 posts
3,765 battles
On 2/7/2019 at 5:13 PM, xedoesr said:

The community as a whole will equal 10 people by the time the figure it out, lol.

[DPS]
Members
94 posts
On 2/7/2019 at 12:18 PM, xedoesr said:

The AA was increased a fair amount, which was needed because the flak bubble idea did not pan out so well.

Wrong, they just needed to fix the F key.  Planes were dying fine... if they had to deal with the F key fix as it is now, with the same damage,  you would see many more switches between plane types and below max squadrons.  Now, none come back unless you are doing a solo ship (maybe two) or only one run.

[DPS]
Members
94 posts
On 2/7/2019 at 12:55 PM, The_Painted_Target said:

However, I am also in favor of rewarding smart flying and skilled drops. I am for plane conservation through good execution. I am for rewarding risks.

The hotfix made every attack run a suicide run. Barely half if not less of attacking planes are returning. The constant DPS on battleships is enough to chew through planes like nothing. I cant think of any complaints about cv beyond "hak is completely broken" that stand on sound logic instead of "lol I just hate CV".

USN CV averages were down across the board. They're going to go further down as AA is even more busted than pre rework.

So you have original strong levels of AA, but you drop 3 planes in one squad instead of 26 in 4.

I knew the wows community would knee jerk the table into low orbit, but within a week we've completely destroyed CV because of Hak, lost a genuinely good PR guy because reddit / the forums cant get it together and act like adults, and are standing armed and ready to burn down the WG offices because they said "hey we're making some changes to GC" which EVERYONE AGREES is completely busted.

They complain about hak because its busted, and cheer when every CV is thrown into the dirt. They cry when cesare is given a balancing treatment. Show some tact you two faced you-know-whats.

Thank you.  Well said.

• Cool 1

[DPS]
Members
94 posts
On 2/7/2019 at 4:30 PM, DireWound said:

Yeah I find it funny how fast they overnerfed CVs to near uselessness again.  Any how I shrugged and went back to my DD to only be in a cap covered by 2 minutes of solid magic radar/sonar that goes through islands.

I liked that for a few days people were forced to group up for AA protection now it's going back to the solo yolo garbage and wondering how to deal with endless radar.

Whats funny is you can put a dozen CV torps into a ship like a yamato and cant keep pace with her repair.

This!