iKami

Upcoming Ship Notes WIP

94 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator
783 posts
454 battles

Dear players,

We’ve received a lot of questions about several work-in-progress ships distribution method. Today we’ve made the decision about three of them and we’re sharing our decision about them to avoid any confusion in the future.

Azuma: Tier IX - (IJN cruiser in testing) will be available for Free XP.

Yoshino: Tier X - Modernized Azuma (IJN cruiser in development) will be available for Coal.

Neustrashimy: Tier IX - (Soviet destroyer in testing) will be available for Steel.

The release dates for these ships will be published later in the respective news on the game website.

Thanks for reading, good luck, and fair seas!

• Cool 38
  • Funny 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,822 posts
6,882 battles

*nod nod*

Although I‘d prefer a Free XP Destroyer at some point, I won‘t complain about the transparency here. Thanks for letting us know.

• Cool 4

[PLDN]
Members
118 posts

Yoshino ??????????????????????????????????????

[NOT]
Modder
984 posts
5,449 battles

Azuma, with Ibis trigger at T9 and Yoshino, a date-able spirit at T10

*weeaboo confused*

[NOT]
Modder
984 posts
5,449 battles
Just now, REZ_0311 said:

Great just what this game needs more OP Russian ships!

LOL,  man, you'll definitely regret your decision after buying it, definitely :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles
40 minutes ago, iKami said:

Azuma: Tier IX - (IJN cruiser in testing) will be available for Free XP.

Yoshino: Tier X - Modernized Azuma (IJN cruiser in development) will be available for Coal.

Does the IJN really need 2 paper super cruisers as WiPs at the same time? I mean, I like my IJN CAs, but this seems excessive.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,219 posts
4,185 battles

So, two Steel DDs sharing the same tier? I would rather have Neustra be coal or Free XP, still thanks for the transparency.

I trust if Black will be pulled we will be notified in time :Smile_hiding:.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
1,363 posts
47 battles
26 minutes ago, leehwongxing said:

Azuma, with Ibis trigger at T9 and Yoshino, a date-able spirit at T10

*weeaboo confused*

Mfw the Yoshino in my mind is that guy in Rewrite

Alpha Tester
2,159 posts
1 hour ago, iKami said:

Neustrashimy: Tier IX - (Soviet destroyer in testing) will be available for Steel.

So our wait for the first free XP DD continues then. Locking Neustrashimy behind steel doesn't bother me though as I've never heard of this ship. I remain hopeful that the first DD to be available for free XP will be either Laffey or Johnston (I prefer the former).

[ARGSY]
Members
7,924 posts
5,442 battles
5 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Locking Neustrashimy behind steel doesn't bother me though as I've never heard of this ship.

She's a postwar design, as late as 1955, which IIRC was originally part of WG trials to include guided missiles. That didn't work out.

I predict a low uptake. 

Giving us the Azuma in two forms with two different names is interesting; I suspect there was enough interest in both the Tier IX and the Tier X version as trialled by WG-CC's that they felt compelled to give us both. Those of us who have two million FXP or more are spoiled for choice; those who have a million and plenty of coal can still get one US and one Japanese supercruiser. 

I'm beginning to be REALLY SUPER GLAD I got Salem when I did; I wonder if Yoshino is going to share her awesome economic/service bonuses. Hopefully she won't be a replacement for Jean Bart, given that they are at different tiers.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
933 posts
4,397 battles

Nice of them to let us know.

Alaska AND Azuma.  That's what I'm talkin' about.  :fish_cute_2:

[INTEL]
Members
9,241 posts
26,899 battles

Wow, thanks for getting this out early! Really appreciate this rare moment of proper Customer Orientation.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,822 posts
6,882 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

She's a postwar design, as late as 1955, which IIRC was originally part of WG trials to include guided missiles. That didn't work out.

Not just design, she was fully constructed, completed and saw service.

9E3665D2-94E2-4D42-B656-9915FC494548.jpeg.d9654e84310220118814c62b4864c96a.jpeg

(and was just as ugly in reality)

[-K-]
Members
5,751 posts
9,793 battles

Makes you wonder if any of the existing Arsenal ships are going to be pulled in favor of any of these....

[5IN]
Members
1,917 posts
8,910 battles

Thanks @iKami, I appreciate the transparency.  Bummed that the new Russian DD will be steel but nothing you can do.  At least I held off on Black until I knew what was going on with the new ship.

thanks,

B

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,698 posts

Wild guessing at prices:

Azuma: Tier IX - (IJN cruiser in testing) will be available for Free XP. - 1 million FXP bwahahahah

Yoshino: Tier X - Modernized Azuma (IJN cruiser in development) will be available for Coal. - 180,000

Neustrashimy: Tier IX - (Soviet destroyer in testing) will be available for Steel. - 15,000 (the Stalanium price)

[ARGSY]
Members
7,924 posts
5,442 battles
26 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Not just design, she was fully constructed, completed and saw service.

Oh, I know; I'm just putting her in the historical context of being a significantly postwar ship. Some of the others post-WW2 are too - Minotaur is something like 1947 - but I think a lot of people have been willing to give that a pass if it was before the Korean war. Neustrashimy's design postdates even that; she's probably the "youngest" ship in the game.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles

Neustrashimy for steel? Crap, that's the one I'd been looking forward to the most. This news makes for an unhappy Lert.

Good on WG for the transparancy I suppose, hopefully this will set a new trend, but Neus being for steel saddens me.

*insert Monty Python "you make me sad" gif*

• Cool 3