You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
blackstarraven

My prediction for CV's in 2020....

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
42 posts
5,415 battles

So here is my actual prediction for CV's. 

4 weeks from now, practically no one will be playing them. Only people working through there trees and a few actual CV players. Just like before. The increase in population will just be people grinding trees. That wont even be that many people because of how stupid the Grind is in CV now because of the (Stupid) Odd tier system.

4-6 months from now: The CV player base will be stable again, and practically nothing about the old system will have been fixed, there will still be the same Skill gap. Because let's be clear the rework was not about fixing anything, because most the issues like spotting had fixes that could have worked. And the issues like skill gap exsist in all classes and it's just more frustrating to experiance them in against CV's. But there not real issues, because the old system allowed decking and what basically the same as death.

1-2 years from now: WG Will be comfortable enough in there development in CV's to put in the "Alternate game style play for the 2nd CV lines." That they already talked about... and.
It will be a reworked RTS mode.

I'm calling it. 1-2 year from now, you will have both systems in the game. The RTS mode will be largly reworked mind you. Most likley having a bunch of the fixes that needed put in the game in the first place in the game. Like "Radio Range" Mechaic for spotting. No fighters. Most likely no manual drops. Fewer flight groups. (Like 2-4 per CV)

I might be giving WG to much credit but I think this is where it will go. Because there not going ot actually get more players with this new mode when it dies down.
If they have both CV modes they MIGHT get 5-10% of the players in CV's.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles
12 minutes ago, blackstarraven said:

So here is my actual prediction for CV's. 

4 weeks from now, practically no one will be playing them. Only people working through there trees and a few actual CV players. Just like before. The increase in population will just be people grinding trees. That wont even be that many people because of how stupid the Grind is in CV now because of the (Stupid) Odd tier system.

4-6 months from now: The CV player base will be stable again, and practically nothing about the old system will have been fixed, there will still be the same Skill gap. Because let's be clear the rework was not about fixing anything, because most the issues like spotting had fixes that could have worked. And the issues like skill gap exsist in all classes and it's just more frustrating to experiance them in against CV's. But there not real issues, because the old system allowed decking and what basically the same as death.

1-2 years from now: WG Will be comfortable enough in there development in CV's to put in the "Alternate game style play for the 2nd CV lines." That they already talked about... and.
It will be a reworked RTS mode.

I'm calling it. 1-2 year from now, you will have both systems in the game. The RTS mode will be largly reworked mind you. Most likley having a bunch of the fixes that needed put in the game in the first place in the game. Like "Radio Range" Mechaic for spotting. No fighters. Most likely no manual drops. Fewer flight groups. (Like 2-4 per CV)

I might be giving WG to much credit but I think this is where it will go. Because there not going ot actually get more players with this new mode when it dies down.
If they have both CV modes they MIGHT get 5-10% of the players in CV's.

errr ok

4 weeks from now more people than ever will be playing them. 8 weeks from now the population will explode with the UK CV's

4-6 months from now we will be settling in to the new meta and all four classes will be relevant and common in most battles.

1 year from now no one will be talking about CV's and the forums will be in a state of manic hysteria in response to Submarines.

50% of players will play CV's part of the time.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,576 posts
2,611 battles
12 minutes ago, paradat said:

errr ok

4 weeks from now more people than ever will be playing them. 8 weeks from now the population will explode with the UK CV's

4-6 months from now we will be settling in to the new meta and all four classes will be relevant and common in most battles.

1 year from now no one will be talking about CV's and the forums will be in a state of manic hysteria in response to Submarines.

I like this more 

Edit: maybe not on subs... still on the fence on that one

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,507 posts
11,864 battles

4 weeks - Anyone will be playing because they are useless

8 weeks - explosion of cv playing because the uk line

9 weeks - anyone playing because the hype pass.

4-6 months wg will say its the new year of cvs

1 yeah - the class is dead, anyone play it and they dont going 'remove' it because they dont want refund anyone. Also welcome submarines.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
42 posts
5,415 battles

Many of you are not totally wrong by the way.

- Yes there will be a large influx of people with British CV's. It will last maybe a week or two.

@Paradat If you think it will be 50% some of the time.. I really don't know what to tell you, most the people I know have already tried the new CV's and taken a hard pass. It MIGHT be a slightly higher % then before that played CV. once the new wheres off and the British CV's pass. It's not really going to be a population improvement.

@Paradat I'm not totally arguing on the submarine issue, but that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. I said CV predictions. Please stay on topic if you want to have a discussion.

-Also sub players will cry because CV aircraft will see them.

@HyenaHiena : Ya your not totally wrong. I agree that most of what you are saying is true, but I also say that the Issues with the old CV system are still going to be a issue. The new system wont save WG's CV mode, it will be more or less the same. And they will not sit around and not make money off the old CV system's work. When they get to the point where the CV population is stable at about 1-3% of the population, they will re-add a reworked RTS mode.

[PTRGT]
Members
165 posts
25,545 battles

I've already seen a drop starting this weekend. After the hype of last week where every game has 2 CV's  now I'm seeing only a handful of games with CV's this week.

When the Brit CV show up there will be a little bump and then it will continue to drop off.

It just Soooooo Boring to play

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles
9 minutes ago, blackstarraven said:

Many of you are not totally wrong by the way.

- Yes there will be a large influx of people with British CV's. It will last maybe a week or two.

@Paradat If you think it will be 50% some of the time.. I really don't know what to tell you, most the people I know have already tried the new CV's and taken a hard pass. It MIGHT be a slightly higher % then before that played CV. once the new wheres off and the British CV's pass. It's not really going to be a population improvement.

@Paradat I'm not totally arguing on the submarine issue, but that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. I said CV predictions. Please stay on topic if you want to have a discussion.

-Also sub players will cry because CV aircraft will see them.

@HyenaHiena : Ya your not totally wrong. I agree that most of what you are saying is true, but I also say that the Issues with the old CV system are still going to be a issue. The new system wont save WG's CV mode, it will be more or less the same. And they will not sit around and not make money off the old CV system's work. When they get to the point where the CV population is stable at about 1-3% of the population, they will re-add a reworked RTS mode.

The best part of this thread is that we will be able to see.

We obviously disagree on what the player population will be. At the moment it is way higher than pre 8.0. I like you will be very interested to see what it is in about 6 months. I think there are a lot of players like me that played everything but CV's not because we hated them but because it was so different and not as fun as the other classes. Those players like me are playing CV's now. Not saying they will become CV mains but the grind is going to happen. I can see myself playing CV's now as part of my normal rotation. I think there are a lot of us.

Yeah the Sub CV interactions will be very interesting. I think the crazy forum reaction to CV's will seem tame compared to the Submarines (if they make it in).

Again I am all in for the ride!

JCPenney GIF

Beta Testers
42 posts
5,415 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

The best part of this thread is that we will be able to see.

We obviously disagree on what the player population will be. At the moment it is way higher than pre 8.0. I like you will be very interested to see what it is in about 6 months. I think there are a lot of players like me that played everything but CV's not because we hated them but because it was so different and not as fun as the other classes. Those players like me are playing CV's now. Not saying they will become CV mains but the grind is going to happen. I can see myself playing CV's now as part of my normal rotation. I think there are a lot of us.

Yeah the Sub CV interactions will be very interesting. I think the crazy forum reaction to CV's will seem tame compared to the Submarines (if they make it in).

Again I am all in for the ride!

JCPenney GIF

Ya, and I'm not totally disagreeing with you.

As far as the CV population goes. The real issue is simple. For every person who likes the new CV's there are others who don't want to play battlestation midway.

I actually like both CV systems.

But I just don't see this improving the total CV population that much.

As far as the player population, I have seen about the same total population.

And most of the people I play with (About 200 in total if you count clans) are just logging on to get 1-2 crates a day right now.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

errr ok

51 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I like this more 

Edit: maybe not on subs... still on the fence on that one

Yeah, that is much more believable but I am not even on the fence with subs. They only way the will be able to make them playable will be by turning them into submersible DD's which will be an unbalanceable train wreck.

[-BUI-]
Members
560 posts
2,537 battles

The population of CV players will be tied 100% to the how balanced/unbalanced AA has become.

If AA is strong, few will play CV.   If AA is weak, many will play CV.    Humans seek the path with the most rewards for the least effort, its in our nature.

Been playing CVs since the re-work exclusively, I'm pretty solid with them, averaging 60-70k damage a night over 10-15 battles.

If I play tonight and I can't do anything because of the new AA, or I feel VASTLY less effective, then I'll probably stop playing CVs all together and go back to surface ships.   Not gonna waste my time flying around for 20 minutes doing nothing but watching planes explode.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles
2 minutes ago, blackstarraven said:

For every person who likes the new CV's there are others who don't want to play

That is the piece of data we do not really have.

So far more people are playing than before. Will that continue or improve I don't know I think it will and time will certainly tell.

Beta Testers
42 posts
5,415 battles
30 minutes ago, paradat said:

That is the piece of data we do not really have.

So far more people are playing than before. Will that continue or improve I don't know I think it will and time will certainly tell.

Ya agreed on the not having hard data.

I think we might see a slight increase in the total number of CV players overall. But I don't think it's going to be note worthy really.

But then again, it's pointless to go back and forth on that point.

-

Again this is more a prediction thread. I'm not a Crystal ball.. I've been pretty good about predicting things for the most part, but I of coarse get some stuff wrong.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles
2 minutes ago, blackstarraven said:

Ya agreed on the not having hard data.

I think we might see a slight increase in the total number of CV players overall. But I don't think it's going to be note worthy really.

But then again, it's pointless to go back and forth on that point.

-

Again this is more a prediction thread. I'm not a Crystal ball.. I've been pretty good about predicting things for the most part, but I of coarse get some stuff wrong.

Yeah made my prediction.

Will see. Lets all come back in 6 months and see how we did.

Beta Testers
42 posts
5,415 battles
9 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah made my prediction.

Will see. Lets all come back in 6 months and see how we did.

Ya I mean if we remember.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles
1 minute ago, blackstarraven said:

Ya I mean if we remember.

I always do lol. That is why I am so good at predicting what WG is likely to do and what they are unlikely to do. Been doing it since the beginning of WOT lol.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,474 posts
12,162 battles
10 minutes ago, paradat said:

I always do lol. That is why I am so good at predicting what WG is likely to do and what they are unlikely to do. Been doing it since the beginning of WOT lol.

So when do you predict WG introducing gold ammo

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

So when do you predict WG introducing gold ammo

I predict that WG will not do that in WOWS. Very unlikely. 

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,474 posts
12,162 battles
Just now, paradat said:

I predict that WG will not do that in WOWS. Very unlikely. 

And here I wanted some gold torpedoes, dammit.

If they cut the cv number to 1 per match, and if it keeps going the way it is going then it might be like the old rts system where we see carriers from time to time but not always, the other thing as well, is once the dust settles and we get some form of normality, it will be interesting to see, when the player numbers settle if there is a change to population, and what we won't see is whether or not WGing's bottom line takes a hit from people not wanting to spend money like they used to.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

And here I wanted some gold torpedoes, dammit.

If they cut the cv number to 1 per match, and if it keeps going the way it is going then it might be like the old rts system where we see carriers from time to time but not always, the other thing as well, is once the dust settles and we get some form of normality, it will be interesting to see, when the player numbers settle if there is a change to population, and what we won't see is whether or not WGing's bottom line takes a hit from people not wanting to spend money like they used to.

I think the days of only seeing carriers from time to time is over. Unless this change fails of course which I do not think it will. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,469 posts
7,668 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Submarines will be 1000 times harder to balance than CVs, they'd have to have insane buffs to their speed just to be able to get more than halfway to the battle before the match ended and DDs would really be the only ships that could attack them underwater as they were the ships that carried the depth charge racks, maybe some cruisers did too, but im pretty sure BBs and CVs didnt, so theyd be defenseless 

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Submarines will be 1000 times harder to balance than CVs, they'd have to have insane buffs to their speed just to be able to get more than halfway to the battle before the match ended

Really? Seems easier to me. 

Edit: Oh and I agree they will likely be faster. Similar to the Halloween event. 

Beta Testers
42 posts
5,415 battles
44 minutes ago, paradat said:

Really? Seems easier to me. 

Edit: Oh and I agree they will likely be faster. Similar to the Halloween event. 

Yes really.

Just a simple point to be made.

If your in a round with Subs. The team that losses it's DD's first is going to lose.

-

That being said. I thinks subs will make it into the game. But I think they will be useable in specific modes. Not in the Random battles or Ranked.

• Cool 1