You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Purg473

Question Regarding Gamepads-Anyone Tried It?

7 comments in this topic

[FTH]
Members
729 posts
12,418 battles

Hello,

At the risk of asking an idiotic question...has anyone tried a program for gamepads for this game? Reason I ask, I saw where someone mentioned using a steam controller for CV's, and it seems like an interesting idea. Thanks for any help with this.

Purg.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,111 posts
13,586 battles

I can see it working for CVs but not for surface ships.

[_-_]
Members
1,595 posts

I used an Xbox 360 controller just for the left stick WASD during PT, but the mouse A-D tethering led to wild over-steering even with the pad sensitivity dialed down.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
146 posts
3,687 battles

I use a Razor Orbweaver- the thumb control is for turning and I map some of the keys for engine speed, zoom out feature etc. That's probably not the type of controller you're wondering about but this works for me.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,352 posts
8,292 battles

Steam gamepad works quite well, actually. I tried it out for a couple weeks, but then I set up steam link in the living room to try and play on the BIG screen and had latency issues. For some reason I never went back to using the pad in the office.

Aiming was pretty slick. use the touchpad with your thumb for gross adjustments, then the accelerometers would allow you to move the pad itself for fine adjustments. It was remarkably intuitive to do.

[DETN8]
Members
56 posts
5,244 battles

I use an Xbox One controller with Xpadder. It took some tweaking to get the sticks to work smoothly for both aiming and selecting manual secondary targets, but I have been happy with it for all the years I've been playing. I never played CV's though, and don't have a desire to try them still, but for surface ships I have thoroughly enjoyed this game since switching to the controller one month into playing this game.

Edited by WinterSoIdier